Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Manual or automatic?
I own / drive / prefer vehicles with manual gearboxes 435 68.08%
I own / drive / prefer vehicles with automatic transmissions 204 31.92%
Voters: 639. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #301
glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flouro_Joe
Who pays more for a S/H manual? nobody I know. They are cheaper to BUY, cheaper to RUN and are faster, and more thrashable. When I sold my last manual I was amazed a the two clowns that test drove it. They couldn't drive manuals but "wanted to learn". One brought his mate along to test drive it for him. Ended up selling it to a nice country girl who COULD drive it.

manuals do hold there value more then autos in performance cars at least. just think about it. for every one xr8(or ss,xr6t whatever) that is made there is probaly 30 autos. so the manual is less to buy from the factory but when the time comes to sell there are less available so the manual is worth more.
Old 17-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #302
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a thread mine!!
Old 17-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #303
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Check out the username of the person who dredged this one up...
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 17-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #304
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Check out the username of the person who dredged this one up...
how fitting
Old 17-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #305
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I only read to page 8 before I got bored and decided to post so apologies if I cover something that appeared on pg 9 or 10 or 75..

I have two manual cars both turbo XR5 wifes' car and an XR6T my car both are manual, but heres the point

Wife only ever drove automatics and thought the idea of a manual gearbox is stupid as its more effort driving the car leaving less available free time to apply makeup. Then she began to drive the XR6T (my car) and was hooked on driving it mainly due to the sounds it makes when changing gears she said the automatics were effective but dull and were completely lacking in "look at me" street appeal wheras in the manual due to the sounds it makes that automatics just do not people look at it more when your drivin round. We got her the XR5 (turbo 6 speed manual for those who dont know) and she loves the thing to bits and it has its own complete repitoire of noises that only it makes exhaust crackles and pops and things for starters, so judging by that once you put the effort into driving a manual you just enjoy driving so much more, life can be very dull and tedious at times why drive a dull tedious car if you don't have to

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 16-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #306
princeplanet
Starter Motor

Manual anyday !!
Closed Thread