Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #61
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
No my friend, the idiot is the person who spends $800K on this overhyped heap of Australian garbage.

I'll have my Murcielago in yellow thanks - just place the remaining $150K cash in this here suitcase...
you can have your Murcielago in yellow (girls car): chich i`d rather the henry any day.
Old 21-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #62
elgt146
315-TUF

Nice car.
It will be worth more one day left as it is rather than restored.
The trend these days is to leave cars unrestored and in the condition they are found.

This car is being viewed as it is, real with dust rust and all and is way expensive but will only be more expensive in years to come.

Time to dream a little.......
Old 21-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #63
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
the idiot is the person who spends $800K on this overhyped heap of Australian garbage.
I have said it before and I will say it again. Why are people on an AUSTRALIAN FORD FORUMs when they knock our heritage, Aussie cars and FORDS. Unless people have been in an old classic like this they will never understand. Give this car a good detail and it would come out sparkling.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 21-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #64
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

The bloke I know, who is looking at it, was the first person too pay over 100K for a XYGT Falcon. Everybody told him he was a fool.
Now, that car (Wild violet, white int, sun roof.) is worth 300k+++++++++++++++++

Who's the idiot???????????????????
Old 21-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #65
D Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_4.0
for 32,000 miles that car is a mess. i smell a rat.
Not at all. It's not unusual for the engine bays to look that way. The old tar top batteries would overcharge and spit out battery acid all other the surrounding components. In more serious cases the batteries would "explode" and stuff all painted and plated finishes under the bonnet. All to do with the regulator adjustment. They still do it to this day. Talk to the guys that owned them when they were new, like I have, and they will tell you that the cars looked like crap under the bonnet inside 12 months.
Thanks for the photos Nick. Hopefully the car wont be restored by the new owner just preserved and maintained.
Kev
Old 21-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #66
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
you can have your Murcielago in yellow (girls car):
... says the man driving an 8yo AU XR6.
Old 21-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #67
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

stupid time to ask but does anyone know where ican get a TL50 front bar and grille? any colour....thanks.....:

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 21-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #68
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by myts
But in 1970 you could buy a house in inner Melb for the $4500 a GTHO cost and that would also be worth the $800. Where people make a quid is if they are lucky to own one when the sharp rises come. The guy that paid $70K 10 years ago and sold it for $100K 3 years ago would be vomiting. 1; because he should have bought a house with the cash and 2; the increases since he sold it.
Well said myts. At last someone who understands!
Old 21-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #69
The Mighty Red

Beautiful GT , but $800,000 , I know something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay but $800,000 is way out there!

Its a rare find as the bidding will no doubt show .........thanks for sharing the pics........
Old 21-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #70
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
actually 6 :
Old 21-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #71
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin_on_20's
stupid time to ask but does anyone know where ican get a TL50 front bar and grille? any colour....thanks.....:
You are right.......................

STUPID
Old 21-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #72
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Nice old car,like being in a time warp,arent they meant to have a GTHO badge/sticker on the glove box?
Any pics of the ompliance plate.
A mate of mine is laughing all the way to the bank,having found an unrestored PH2-1/2 in an obsure part of the country for 100k,and were not even talking months ago..
dont you mean phase 1 1/2 not phase 2 1/2?

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 21-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #73
nb_351
building the xe...

exactly right...
but back onto topic, some poeple just have it made, whether they make it for themselves or fate does it for them...
he was probably in two minds about doing it in 1979, but i bet hes not now... by the mid 80s he would have patting himself on the back...
why cant people just appreciate it?
if these people discovered it would they just be saying its a rusted out s**tbox? its not original, look at the dings and rust?
i dont think so... comes down to jealousy imo...
and ill admit, im extremely jealous atm... but i dont go around making stupid comments just for the sake of it...
if people dont have anything useful to say on the subject, why dont they go somewhere else? there should be a section on here where people can put their stupid comments regarding certain threads all they like... and have no criticism...
back on subject again, iirc, the stripes were a delete option, they could be deleted if so wished by the buyer, like special order colours and left hand mirror etc, the list goes on...
the price is ridiculous though... it only drives the price for cooking models up and up... quite frankly, im glad ive got 2 xes at the moment, one day they might be worth 50k, even though theyre onot "special models" although one is a factory v8, so thats something...
Old 21-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #74
nb_351
building the xe...

sorry about the rant, someone had to say some of it...
apologies to those who dont like reading novels
Old 21-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #75
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did anyone else see the cockheads on the ls1 forums have a bit teary when the allan moffat ho sold for 600k?
Imagion the flare up if one sells for over 800k? I guess there just jelous that the only product they have that comes close to this is the genuine brock racing commos.
Bunch of noobs on that site...
Old 21-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #76
nb_351
building the xe...

didnt the brock a9x sell for something like 600k receltny?
Old 21-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #77
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

What a great find. The car really deserves a cleanup and a good drive to blast the cobwebs out - a bit like some of the morons posting here at the moment.
Old 21-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #78
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
Hmm.... How's your super performing mate?... I know more than one person (actually, one frequents here) that have a HO as part of their self-mananged super schemes!... No way is it a "waste"... a lazy mil or so on retirement sounds pretty good to me?
What's it INSURED for if it goes up in flames?

I am sick of the way some people refer to other members of this forum as "morons" and "idiots" just because they have a different oppinion to theirs. If they were criticising and act of stupidity I could understand it. Many of the comments are quite reasonable, $800K for a 1971 Falcon is not, unless of course you are the seller.

Last edited by GXL078; 21-04-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 21-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #79
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Very nice find. As the price of these cars go up, i carn't help but think i will never get close enough to owning such a great pice of motoring history.
Old 21-04-2007, 09:39 PM   #80
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

I know one thing.
It helps the value of my old XBGT. heheeheheheheheheheheheh
Old 21-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #81
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
you can have your Murcielago in yellow (girls car): chich i`d rather the henry any day.
Quote:
Both of you can pull your respective heads in now!
:

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 21-04-2007, 09:42 PM   #82
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
nicholas... mate.. You should have posted this in "classic falcon" section, Or somewhere these turkeys don't inhabit!. AND where it'd be properly appreciated.
Fairdinkum, you guys just have NO frigging idea, do you?. "DETAIL IT"???.. Get real!
Whats wrong with washing the thing before putting under covers? Does 1970's dust and dirt add value?
Old 21-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #83
mako
Starter Motor

Its a poverty pack didn't have enough left over for a radio. seriously though I wish it was in my shed. Just goes to show what can still pop up. Wonder if it was one of those urban legends "Dads mates got a phase 3 parked in his shed since 1979" that no one ever believed. Think I would prefer the other one that looked like new but I would settle for this one.
Good nest egg for your Dads mate bet he would be happy he hung on to it until now. Have you known about it for long Nicholas?

Thanks for sharing the pics
Old 21-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #84
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Everyone is discussing the cosmetics of the car. I'm thinking more about the mechanical side, what the insides of the motor, transmission, diff, brakes are like, and all the dried up seals ready to leak once running again. Not to mention the rubbers that possibly would be perished. Needs more than a detail, unless its left as is and not run again.

Its the type of car that needs careful attention by someone who knows what they are doing, absolutely no replacement of parts which are defective, but careful restoration of every component to ensure it remains consistent with the originality which it is in.

Just wondering even though the car was apparently ordered without the blackouts on the bonnet and stripes, I would think the appeal factor wouldn't be as great compared to one that did have these blackouts and stripes. Therefore not worth as much without?
Old 21-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #85
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

im thinkin bout gettin one of those 40th anni GTPs and chucking it in the garage... mite be worth a dollar someday... mind you in 79 when this was parked up... it was just and old falcon not really worth much now its another story...

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
Old 21-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #86
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
... mind you in 79 when this was parked up... it was just and old falcon not really worth much now its another story...
Completely WRONG!!

It was widely recognised back then that a GTHO (especially Phase 3) was the best investment one could make with a car. Any car.
Old 21-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #87
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
What's it INSURED for if it goes up in flames?

I am sick of the way some people refer to other members of this forum as "morons" and "idiots" just because they have a different oppinion to theirs. If they were criticising and act of stupidity I could understand it. Many of the comments are quite reasonable, $800K for a 1971 Falcon is not, unless of course you are the seller.
If this is directed at me mate.. take it to PM !
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 21-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #88
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Just wondering even though the car was apparently ordered without the blackouts on the bonnet and stripes, I would think the appeal factor wouldn't be as great compared to one that did have these blackouts and stripes. Therefore not worth as much without?
It would be worth more, because it came out the factory different from the others.
Old 21-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #89
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_351
sorry about the rant, someone had to say some of it...
apologies to those who dont like reading novels
No worries about the rant nb_351 , if you weren't "there" at the time , you never know the feeling of seeing a "Brand New" one driving up the street , even my Holden mates used to stop and stare .

Does anyone remember this one on the Forum

http://www.grandtourer.com.au/Aspx/C...tWorkDateID=57

800k is not "out of the question"

Some people invest in "penthouses" over looking the harbour for $2mil+ others invest in Gold or Boats , so why not Classic Cars that are getting rarer ???

Hell , I'm jealous too . These cars are an "Aussie Icon" .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
Old 21-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #90
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
It would be worth more, because it came out the factory different from the others.
I would think so,certainly rarer the the "average" HO.