Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-02-2022, 06:22 PM   #631
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Same here, about to have no licence for 12 months was a pretty good shove in the back to make it happen a bit faster

I'm considering exiting the industry all together so I'm not surrounded by it at work as well, its difficult when in your 'professional life' having this experience and interest is the thing that sets you apart from the others, I virtually live in constant exposure to modified cars and the industry.
Sad to hear Franco, I hope you have a change of heart, and stay where you are in the Industry. 12 Months will go quicker than you realize. Cheers
Old 22-02-2022, 01:17 AM   #632
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Once they picked up popularity in the USA it was game over the moment those cars turn 25 and become eligible for import into the USA and can be driven RHD. Particularly R32/R33/R34 GTR.

I feel that those generations of GTR have much more soul than the R35 GTR.

The R35 went down the path of taking away the raw experience of driving a performance car.
Respectfully I disagree

The R35 was viewed this way when it came out because it was so far ahead of its time… the R32-34 was no different in the 1990’s with the affordable and cutting edge tech it wielded.

An R35 today is both as raw and soulful as one can get in a car thesedays, especially if you are lucky enough to own a CBA (2008-2010) they feel like a race car with plates

While everything went crazy on price during Covid the R35 stayed a relative performance bargain… now they are discontinued due to ADR85/00 it’s a totally different story.

What is crazy expensive tho is the Miami stuff… I just bought a used GS Ute

Holy Moley they are pricey now
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2022, 10:43 AM   #633
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Nice to see you drop in CAT600.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 11:45 AM   #634
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600 View Post
Respectfully I disagree

The R35 was viewed this way when it came out because it was so far ahead of its time… the R32-34 was no different in the 1990’s with the affordable and cutting edge tech it wielded.

An R35 today is both as raw and soulful as one can get in a car thesedays, especially if you are lucky enough to own a CBA (2008-2010) they feel like a race car with plates

While everything went crazy on price during Covid the R35 stayed a relative performance bargain… now they are discontinued due to ADR85/00 it’s a totally different story.

What is crazy expensive tho is the Miami stuff… I just bought a used GS Ute

Holy Moley they are pricey now
Don't worry, I have a friend who owns a Lotus who tells me cars with power steering aren't real drivers cars because it takes away too much steering feel, so I guess there's many differing views on the topic.

I sound like an old bastard though, yelling at the clouds complaining something along the lines of BACK IN MY DAY REAL MEN WITH THEIR REAL CARS ONLY HAD HICAS LOCKOUT BARS AND A MANUAL GEARBOX! NONE OF THIS DSG AND ELECTRONICS

Then someone else comes along:

BACK IN MY DAY REAL MEN WITH THEIR REAL CARS ONLY HAD 460+ CUBIC INCHES, 4 GEARS AND CARBS! NONE OF THIS TURBOS AND FUEL INJECTION

Hopefully I'm dead and buried long before I start having this conversation about real men having electric vehicles that sound like Melbourne trams and drive themselves
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 11:49 AM   #635
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

I find it interesting that Car buyers are paying electric optioned up car prices for Aussie built ICE vehicles.
Does this show the REAL, rather than perceived interest in the EV in Aust.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 11:51 AM   #636
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Don't worry, I have a friend who owns a Lotus who tells me cars with power steering aren't real drivers cars because it takes away too much steering feel, so I guess there's many differing views on the topic.

I sound like an old bastard though, yelling at the clouds complaining something along the lines of BACK IN MY DAY REAL MEN WITH THEIR REAL CARS ONLY HAD HICAS LOCKOUT BARS AND A MANUAL GEARBOX! NONE OF THIS DSG AND ELECTRONICS

Then someone else comes along:

BACK IN MY DAY REAL MEN WITH THEIR REAL CARS ONLY HAD 460+ CUBIC INCHES, 4 GEARS AND CARBS! NONE OF THIS TURBOS AND FUEL INJECTION

Hopefully I'm dead and buried long before I start having this conversation about real men having electric vehicles that sound like Melbourne trams and drive themselves
It’s true, if you haven’t had to use ammunition to start an engine are you even really living?
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 11:51 AM   #637
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
I find it interesting that Car buyers are paying electric optioned up car prices for Aussie built ICE vehicles.
That's why they keep squealing for tax payer subsidies for EVs, because no one would buy them at their ridiculous prices otherwise.

Awaiting Kypez and KMav24
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 01:57 PM   #638
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Yes, 100%!!!

EV's are being rammed down our throats world-wide. The market is not left to decide as it should. Governments are changing laws so EV's can get the foothold they need. They know they need the cars to penetrate the market then they follow with the investment in infrastructure.

We'll look back one day and realise how cunning this all was.

All the while, they keep silent on the environmental impact EV's cause, focussed purely on carbon emissions from exhaust pipes alone. Nevermind the 100,000km you need to drive an EV just to make up for the carbon footprint in developing the battery, or the quarter million tonnes worth of mining to produce said-battery. That's all irrelevant to the greenies apparently. What about battery disposal? Maybe we just ignore the problem, like the disposal of wind turbines, out of site out of mind. Yet the same mob will jump up and down about why we should never go nuclear because there's a waste problem to deal with....

I think I'll stop there....
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2022, 03:19 PM   #639
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
Yes, 100%!!!

EV's are being rammed down our throats world-wide. The market is not left to decide as it should. Governments are changing laws so EV's can get the foothold they need. They know they need the cars to penetrate the market then they follow with the investment in infrastructure.

All the while, they keep silent on the environmental impact EV's cause, focussed purely on carbon emissions from exhaust pipes alone. Nevermind the 100,000km you need to drive an EV just to make up for the carbon footprint in developing the battery, or the quarter million tonnes worth of mining to produce said-battery. That's all irrelevant to the greenies apparently. What about battery disposal? Maybe we just ignore the problem, like the disposal of wind turbines, out of site out of mind. Yet the same mob will jump up and down about why we should never go nuclear because there's a waste problem to deal with....

I have a ‘EV’ lawn mower!Does that count?
Old 22-02-2022, 05:50 PM   #640
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
Yes, 100%!!!

Your right ! where do all the dead battery's and all go ! such is a massive problem ! if we were looking at the total of the cars on the road were battery, just think of that pollution problem.

Not to mention why the hell are we not being informed on the latest in Nuclear Power Stations advancements ! We live in a retard world that people still think Nuclear Power Stations are 1960's tec that's backward rubbish like driving a T model Ford around today.
The advancements in Nuclear Power Stations has advances way beyond what 99% of Australians know of and you have been hidden from the facts about it all and are being fed like mushrooms.

The latest Nuclear Power Stations run on Spent fuel ! that's right, the old toxic wast is what they use for crying out loud ! and we have enough of that to power the world for 150 years without digging any yellowcake out of the ground at all.
Not to mention when they have finished with that fuel it is only toxic for 150 years. not thousands of years !

Now where are the Greenies ! No, they are water melons, Green on the outside and Red on the inside. nothing but moronic stooges.

Look up Gen 3 and Gen 4 Power Stations.
China has them, Japan and France for years.
The USA has only T model Ford tec Nuclear crap, that's all 99 of them ! Why ! I am totally against that old tec rubbish, it's far to dangerous.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-02-2022, 11:08 PM   #641
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been trying to buy a falcon ute, au or ba, preferably trayback and no LPG, for a reasonable price.
I have decided instead to buy a trailer.
There's no way some of these cars are selling, it seems mainly Victoria too, prices are a lot more reasonable interstate.
Just another way in which Victoria endlessly sucks.
Jack91 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2022, 09:54 AM   #642
HIPO
Al

thought this looks pretty reasonable for what it is, k's etc...........

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks
HIPO is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2022, 09:29 AM   #643
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
I've been trying to buy a falcon ute, au or ba, preferably trayback and no LPG, for a reasonable price.
I have decided instead to buy a trailer.
There's no way some of these cars are selling, it seems mainly Victoria too, prices are a lot more reasonable interstate.
Just another way in which Victoria endlessly sucks.

I sold a RWC BF1 LPG Ute with a tub, average to fair clean condition, 275000km, for $5800 in 4 days. 3 people looked, 2 said the body was a little too average for them but the 3rd was a panel beater.

They are selling.

I also got $25k for an EL XR6 recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2022, 01:17 PM   #644
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just don't get it - wouldn't you get more if you detailed this up prior to sale? Does the whole "barn find" bull**** still work on cars less than 20 years old?

First glimpse of the small thumbnail I thought it was an odd colour, then noticed the wiper-sweep over the windscreen.

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-60011...sedan?spr=true
Mulva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 02:21 PM   #645
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will suit the most fasitidious buyer
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2022, 02:56 PM   #646
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

could be a dead dudes car??

quick squirt with a hose, $2 servo vac job and would be a nice daily
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2022, 03:03 PM   #647
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post

Interior looks like dead dude dissolved in there

Last serviced 2010 and 40k done after that
FairmontGS is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2022, 03:09 PM   #648
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks pretty straight except front bar cover.Interior looks tidy,so would clean up,into a pretty good low km original
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2022, 03:17 PM   #649
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

Reg expired Oct 2016
Mulva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2022, 03:20 PM   #650
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

meh, looked fairly clean - sun damage around shifter (only gay ****s buy auto GTs anyway )
4 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 09:45 PM   #651
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate just bought a 70km FG2 F6 for $74k.

A friend of a friend bought one in the last 2 weeks for $85k - white mk2 ZF FG2 F6.

People think they ain't selling. They definitely are.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2022, 09:59 PM   #652
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV414 View Post

A friend of a friend bought one in the last 2 weeks for $85k - white mk2 ZF FG2 F6.

That’s Nuts !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pwr4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2022, 10:42 PM   #653
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV414 View Post

It’s interesting that they are selling. Personally I don’t see the value in a 10 year old $80,000 FPV, it’s insane.

I look at my fleet and there is no way I’d pay what I would get for them now. I sold my FGXR6T immaculate for 20k almost 5 years ago now. I now have a G6ET in the same condition and same year and been offered 35k, it’s mental.

For me, if I was dropping 80k on a car, it’d be a mustang. I do not see cars as investments though. Rego, upkeep, insurance, the stress of owning a car increasing in value, worrying about driving it anywhere etc etc. I have much easier less stressful ways to make money.

I sold my old LS3 VE Clubsport for 32, 4 years ago. It was immaculate. It’s sold twice since, once for 55 and last week for 85. Some people have way too much money. It’s a crazy world right now, I’ll just keep enjoying the cars I have because if I sold them, I wouldn’t be buying anything like them again.

Surely this can’t continue
Old 28-02-2022, 01:10 AM   #654
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
I just don't get it - wouldn't you get more if you detailed this up prior to sale? Does the whole "barn find" bull**** still work on cars less than 20 years old?

First glimpse of the small thumbnail I thought it was an odd colour, then noticed the wiper-sweep over the windscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post

That's what my ute was like after I parked it for 6 years due to failed trans and peeling shockwave and no interest or money to do anything about it. I accidentally hit the wiper switch after moving it out of the garage for repairs and I can tell you right now that's going to make a mark - ie need a new windscreen due to all the scratches the wipers made LOL.
Looks like front right tyre flat too, so probably 4x tyres as expect them flat spotted, also all my rotors were rusted/pitted/seizing, calipers needed a rebuild and so on. All aluminium/alloy on the engine, under bonnet will have corrosion buildup and look damn ugly forever too.

Last edited by oldel; 28-02-2022 at 01:16 AM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2022, 01:18 AM   #655
DTFRMONT

A mate has a VF2 SSV sportswagon, purchased new with a Holden staff discount (his dad did 25 years there). He knows he can sell for a big profit from what he paid for it new, but as he said, there's no longer an equivalent new replacement, save spending $150-200K plus on an AMG or M series, so what would he replace it with? Hence the decision to keep it. And most likely the reason why these are going for silly money.
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-03-2022, 06:25 PM   #656
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
So I went shopping for a Sprint 6............

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-4125570/?Cr=4

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...20058313/?Cr=6

I would love one, but now that these, and other desirable Falcon's are becoming so expensive that it has me wondering if I would rather spend that sort of cash on this...............

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-7442182/?Cr=4

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...20477881/?Cr=7

I LOVE Falcon's with all my heart, but they are, and never have been a $100,000+ car. Having driven a few F-Types, they walk all over every single Falcon ever made so at those prices, they are merely a sentimental purchase. And I say that as someone who has two Falcon's for that very reason.............difference being I did not pay $100k for them.
Completely agree, my thing with Falcons was to find the best performance one at bottom of it's depreciation curve and pay 7-8K for it (never failed!).

Have you considered that it's $100,000 that is not $100,000 any more (inflation - the tax one man in a million understands)

I do like the Jags - F-Pace for Terry, XE is handy, spend less than 130K try to get a really nice XJ with that interior...
Old 01-03-2022, 06:31 PM   #657
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes. I think that's the real interest (in the Aussie cars; ergo, the prices) by the people who have the means now, who realise it will be very hard to replace what was lost. For electric, I'm still waiting for them to become affordable runarounds. Got an electric lawnmower today - coughed up for the one with the battery as the one without is in supply nowhere land and no idea where in the aether it is, or when it will arrive (we already have a similar battery/charger on the whippa snippa).
Old 01-03-2022, 07:10 PM   #658
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Yes. I think that's the real interest (in the Aussie cars; ergo, the prices) by the people who have the means now, who realise it will be very hard to replace what was lost. For electric, I'm still waiting for them to become affordable runarounds. Got an electric lawnmower today - coughed up for the one with the battery as the one without is in supply nowhere land and no idea where in the aether it is, or when it will arrive (we already have a similar battery/charger on the whippa snippa).
Eleccy lawn mowers are great!I bought a Ryobi awhile back,bought an extra battery,now it has two!Boy do they go!Even self propelled!So light to push as well.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:16 PM   #659
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes! That's exactly what we got. It looks like a beast. The whippa snippa also Ryobi and has been very good.

What are ED Sprint's being asked for these days?
Old 01-03-2022, 07:18 PM   #660
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post

Sold!! a solid $32.4k!!

Any idea if it was a deceased estate??

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel
That's what my ute was like after I parked it for 6 years due to failed trans and peeling shockwave and no interest or money to do anything about it. I accidentally hit the wiper switch after moving it out of the garage for repairs and I can tell you right now that's going to make a mark - ie need a new windscreen due to all the scratches the wipers made LOL.
Looks like front right tyre flat too, so probably 4x tyres as expect them flat spotted, also all my rotors were rusted/pitted/seizing, calipers needed a rebuild and so on. All aluminium/alloy on the engine, under bonnet will have corrosion buildup and look damn ugly forever too.
i have dry stored mine and nearly been that dirty before a wash up and a quick skid - was yours sitting under a tree on a mango farm??