Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #31
Low006
Formerly "BOOFHEAD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra
There is a guy in Casuarina in WA that has a yard full of Fords and Holdens of different eras. He even has a bloody highg fence around it ti keep you from seeing what is behind. Managed to jump on the fence one afternoon when he was out, parked out under the sun was numerouse XA and XB's standard and GS/GT's. A few Xy's and fairlanes, a couple of Monaros as well as modern Falcons and Commodores.

Went back a week later and said a friend told me he had a couple of XB's he might e interested in sellling, he flatly told me "NO", these are for my projects. What a waste.
yes its a crime that people would rather let these gems rust into dirt,than to have em restored...its a down right shame

"It's only a Pinhole!" XP resto(SOLD)
Low006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #32
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

So much win!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #33
zdcol71
zdcol71

There is a guy in Casuarina in WA that has a yard full of Fords and Holdens of different eras. He even has a bloody highg fence around it ti keep you from seeing what is behind. Managed to jump on the fence one afternoon when he was out, parked out under the sun was numerouse XA and XB's standard and GS/GT's. A few Xy's and fairlanes, a couple of Monaros as well as modern Falcons and Commodores.

Went back a week later and said a friend told me he had a couple of XB's he might e interested in sellling, he flatly told me "NO", these are for my projects. What a waste

When someone jumps on my fence and sees all my guitars through the window that just sit there, and don't get played......I'll just set the dogs onto them and tell them to mind their own bees wax!!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #34
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFGXR6
There's been a few of these yards spring up. There's one that's 10k or so south of Grafton that belongs to a wrecker in South Grafton. He'll charge a nominal fee to go back to the paddock to let you in to look. There's aheap of 40's 50's stuff right up till the late 70's. While most things are for sale, too many of them are beyond repair like a HK GTS which was sitting in tall grass. Soon as you opened the door you were confronted with the interior sitting on the dirt due to floor pan rusting right out. In fact nearly everthing below the hip line was paper thin or gone.
That would make me cry

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #35
Trevor 57
is now there

O.M.G!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #36
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
When someone jumps on my fence and sees all my guitars through the window that just sit there, and don't get played......I'll just set the dogs onto them and tell them to mind their own bees wax!!
Sorry if my comments offended you, but I bet the guitars aren't being left to rot though!!!
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #37
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Its a shame when people do this to cars, they may have good intentions but if you cant even finish one project why buy so many others that will go to waste, theres a guy near home with two Chev Impala's, they have been sitting there doing nothing for as long as I can remember, the owner refuses to part with them
Old 09-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #38
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its great there are a few petrol heads around,who are still into these old cars
But what annoys me really is those who complain (if you will),
That people treat them inappropritely or let them rot
(Its their possession to treat how they like)
Then thinks it fine to help themselves to jumpin fences or taking matters into their own hands

Theres been plenty of old cars lately that are lying around yet noone wants them
There was even a few members on here givin old Fords away,yet last heard they got crushed
Anyone wanna jump my fences cause of whats there
Theyll either have 4 cattle dogs hangin of their bottom,or a .22 slug hang out there bottom
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #39
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Of course if you really want to torture yourself, have a look at CarsinBarns.com
Bloody criminal!!!
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #40
MrsLow006

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
Its great there are a few petrol heads around,who are still into these old cars
But what annoys me really is those who complain (if you will),
That people treat them inappropritely or let them rot
(Its their possession to treat how they like)
Then thinks it fine to help themselves to jumpin fences or taking matters into their own hands

Theres been plenty of old cars lately that are lying around yet noone wants them
There was even a few members on here givin old Fords away,yet last heard they got crushed
Anyone wanna jump my fences cause of whats there
Theyll either have 4 cattle dogs hangin of their bottom,or a .22 slug hang out there bottom
Not about to jump anyone's fence but judging from the reaction to these photo's there are more members amazed and gobsmacked about this than there are ones that "give away old cars"
MrsLow006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #41
05_ENFORCER

If the XY 4by is for sale, I'll be on a plane.
PM me if this is the case, no bull.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #42
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Sorry if my comments offended you, but I bet the guitars aren't being left to rot though!!!
Your comments do not offend, my reply, like your post, is merely an opinion.
I would add though that if the guitars were left to rot, they would be mine to do so.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #43
MrsLow006

Quote:
I would add though that if the guitars were left to rot, they would be mine to do so.

Now now boys lets just revel in the photos and cars and not the guitars
Old 09-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #44
stevz
Banned

The build date on that XY ute is 11-72. Wasn't the XA out by that time? Or did they continue building XY utes alongside XA sedans/wagons?
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #45
Low006
Formerly "BOOFHEAD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
The build date on that XY ute is 11-72. Wasn't the XA out by that time? Or did they continue building XY utes alongside XA sedans/wagons?
I think it was a white elephant and there was only ever 400 odd 4x4 made ever. They apparently were not very practical and powerful but the idea was there but they ended it with the XY

Old 09-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #46
05_ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
It is definately a late 72 build.
You can tell the late ones by the XA ignition/lock.
Earlier XY/ZD's were on the dash.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #47
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are a lot of these sort of places tucked away in the country. A mate of my dad's is a hoarder when it comes to cars - he must have over 100 cars on his relatively small property - mostly HQ-HZs and Torries, but a lot of old Valiants, a couple of old Monaros, '50s Chevys, and several XA-XCs. There must be hundreds of doors and other panels lying around there. He actually has some really nice running cars that he keeps in a shed though.

I remember hearing somewhere that the 4WD XYs were made for the Snowy Mountain Scheme?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #48
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen a few "bone yards" around the Lockyer Valley area. There is one along Glen Cairn Road in Glen Cairn that once had heaps of cars and trucks, but the most cars are gone but there's still some pre-1950s trucks rusting away in the weather.

There's another area in Rockside where two paddocks were filled with hundreds of cars. One of them has had them removed in recent years, but the other paddock still has some cars that are in restorable condition. When ever I go past there, I can see an old XK Falcon that's been abandoned in an abandoned looking shed for years. Whoever owns this bone yard could not be saving all these cars for a restoration project, to me it just looks like a waste.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #49
bungarra

Quote:
Still a shame to see such wonderful potential go to waste in these bone yards. Then again my mates said the same thing when I burnt the guitar an ex girlfriend bought me!!
My mates cried when they seen that Gibson signed by Angus Young burn!! Best day of my life!!! Never played guitar since.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #50
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Still a shame to see such wonderful potential go to waste in these bone yards. Then again my mates said the same thing when I burnt the guitar an ex girlfriend bought me!!
My mates cried when they seen that Gibson signed by Angus Young burn!! Best day of my life!!! Never played guitar since.
Off topic, however...

A few thoughts.

I can understand the burning of the guitar (sort of - I would have sold it, or given it away), but no playing guitar again! If you're good at it, and it was something you loved, you probably shouldn't have let a bad relationship take that from you.

NOW, back to the cars! I guess the guy is a hoarder and probably had plans sometime way back to restore some of these cars. I guess over time you can become attached to the idea of restoring things, rather than actually committing time, money and energy to such projects. I guess that could have the effect of someone not wanting to part with their stuff. At least the guy sold a lot of other stuff.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #51
Low006
Formerly "BOOFHEAD"

Quote:
did ya do it hendrix style

Old 10-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #52
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I don't for a minute think you were serious - but I like the way you think!
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #53
bungarra

Quote:
The ex was trying to get it back from me for her new boyfriend at the time, so I thought a good way to stop her getting it as she was threatening to go to court to fight for it.
A bit of petrol got it going well and I sent her the photos and the ashes. Amazing what you do when you are young and stupid.

Still prefer cars over guitar.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #54
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

be patient, sometimes things do work out. You may have seen my thread about the 1948/49 straight 8 packard. the last owner spoke with me about my passion for motor vehicles and said that he had good intentions, but no ability, and he would prefer to see it restored rather than rot away. so...take it for free.
I can not begin to tell you the number of times i have heard this sort of thing and thought 'oh sure, it's never going to happen'. sometimes it does.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #55
MrsLow006

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo
be patient, sometimes things do work out. You may have seen my thread about the 1948/49 straight 8 packard. the last owner spoke with me about my passion for motor vehicles and said that he had good intentions, but no ability, and he would prefer to see it restored rather than rot away. so...take it for free.
I can not begin to tell you the number of times i have heard this sort of thing and thought 'oh sure, it's never going to happen'. sometimes it does.
We have the car trailer ready for that day believe you me. My 10 year old reckons there is a car each for him and his brother and sister.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #56
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo
I am waiting patiently for the guy in Casuarina and as soon as he put some up for sale, I'll be leading the charge!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #57
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser '81
I've seen a few "bone yards" around the Lockyer Valley area. There is one along Glen Cairn Road in Glen Cairn that once had heaps of cars and trucks, but the most cars are gone but there's still some pre-1950s trucks rusting away in the weather.

There's another area in Rockside where two paddocks were filled with hundreds of cars. One of them has had them removed in recent years, but the other paddock still has some cars that are in restorable condition. When ever I go past there, I can see an old XK Falcon that's been abandoned in an abandoned looking shed for years. Whoever owns this bone yard could not be saving all these cars for a restoration project, to me it just looks like a waste.
Near the RAAF base at Williamtown there's an old house (sadly the occupant died a couple of years ago) where there is a early XK-XP under a tarp in the shed. Theres also a VH Commodore sitting where it was last parked over 10 years ago. I don't know what will happen to the Ford, but it's good nic.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #58
MrsLow006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFGXR6
Near the RAAF base at Williamtown there's an old house (sadly the occupant died a couple of years ago) where there is a early XK-XP under a tarp in the shed. Theres also a VH Commodore sitting where it was last parked over 10 years ago. I don't know what will happen to the Ford, but it's good nic.
Leave a note in the mailbox or on the door. Someone might appreciate the help to clean out the place. Stranger things have happened
Old 11-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #59
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Must abmit the note in the letterbox does work
Tried this years ago regarding an LC Torrie
Got a phone call,flew straight around
Seems the new owner of the place didnt want the Torrie
Cost me nothin for the car,just a few beers for the owner to tow it out front with his tractor
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #60
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low006
I think it was a white elephant and there was only ever 400 odd 4x4 made ever. They apparently were not very practical and powerful but the idea was there but they ended it with the XY
There is one in country victoria I have seen, brand new, up on blocks, never even had the pre-delivery done. Owned by an old retired Ford dealership owner.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post