Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #31
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Poo. No split fold 3rd row seat.

Does the 3rd row get curtain airbags or any air conditioning do we know? That's why many buyers that I know pick the Kluger over the Tezza (there are 3 Freddy's in our carpark at work, and only one Tezza)

It does look good in pics. Would like to see it in the flesh. Hopefully the Tezza will at least have the option of 19" wheels - you know, like you get standard on base model Klugers.....

<sigh> - I so want the Tezza to trounce the competition it hurts.

Lukeyson
Old 08-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #32
No.6

Looks ok..not really sold on the look of it though...might be one of those things that'll grow on me. By looking at the interior shots, looks like they will have two types of coloured screens...a larger touch interface and a standard button press type HMI. So i guess its safe to say the FG2 will have touch HMI as an option...something i hope can be retrofitted to the FG!!!
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #33
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
Hopefully the Tezza will at least have the option of 19" wheels - you know, like you get standard on base model Klugers
The entry level Kluger gets 17" alloys, the mid range and high range models however do get the 19" wheels as standard. But I agree, having larger wheels as an option I think would increase the cars appeal to its demographic.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #34
theoliver
Starter Motor

I thought this must have been coming soon.

Saw on on Friday last week in the Melbourne CBD although the dash, console and gear stick area were covered up.

Enjoying the look of the new Territory, on the street it looks quite lithe compared to the old model.
theoliver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #35
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchive...y/pages/29.htm

Wonder who's number that is? ;oD
Old 08-02-2011, 11:56 PM   #36
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't nice!!

I want one of those touch screens in my FG!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #37
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have been talking about this Terri for what seems like a year now and it is still 3 months away. OMG. Just like the LPG Falcon. In the meantime I've seen other makers models come and seemingly keep on coming taking sales away from Ford. Sorry I am Ford through and through but they are just too slow at bringing new stuff.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #38
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Was hoping that the base model would get a colour screen. But they're sticking with the crummy one.
Actually I'll take this back. Looking at it for a base model its alright. The touch screen one is awesome. But it still is better then the base model you get in the Falcon.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #39
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Isn't nice!!

I want one of those touch screens in my FG II!!
There, fixed it for you.....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #40
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Full size images are now uploaded into the gallery.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #41
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

now there is a new ford to get excited about,hopefully it sells well thats what we realy need.
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #42
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I love it. Looks really good inside and out. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #43
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I actually think it looks awkward from the front 3/4 shot, but straight on it looks great.

Dont know about the fake exhaust outlets, seems like a waste of money.

I hope the pricing is good on a TS RWD Diesel...I really hope this sells as well as it deserves too.

ALSO MORE IMPORTANTLY...I see goodyear is now the tyre company, I thought it was Dunlop or has that useless contract now expired?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #44
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

All Territory models had Goodyear only ... as they were the only make that had sizes in 235/60R17 initially back in 2004.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #45
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
All Territory models had Goodyear only ... as they were the only make that had sizes in 235/60R17 initially back in 2004.
Ah there you go, I know Falcons have been using Dunlops for years and the contract was in the air.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 09-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #46
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Hopefully Ford will move onto something else for the Falcon lineup ... as the Dunlops have been getting progressively worse as the years go.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #47
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Hopefully Ford will move onto something else for the Falcon lineup ... as the Dunlops have been getting progressively worse as the years go.
Yes, and they are not great at making deadlines either.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #48
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

That thing looks freaking amazing!!, how can it not sell well!?!?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #49
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where are the engine specs for the diesel?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #50
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does the touch screen do the same as Holdens??? if not, FORD has missed the boat again!!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #51
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Does the touch screen do the same as Holdens??? if not, FORD has missed the boat again!!
Missed the boat by not introducing myFord touch for starters.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #52
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Who cares what the Holden one does.. I hope Ford worked out what the customer whats & put that in the car!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #53
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde
Where are the engine specs for the diesel?
Yet to be released. I'm hearing Early March for details.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #54
McobraR
me may my mo

Imo, based off the pics, the front and rear look fresh, but very obvious they didn't do much to the side panels as it looks too similar to the current Terri. Great effort nonetheless, can't wait to see them in the flesh.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #55
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

The diesel engine will be available across the range in both 2WD and AWD variants:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2011...erritory-23551

Quote:
Ford Australia is quietly banking on a high uptake of turbodiesel Territorys to help the born-again softroader regain the top spot on local sale charts. And that uptake looks set to be driven by a range that includes rear-wheel drive variants.

It was anticipated in many quarters that the Blue Oval would limit its turbodiesel offer to all-wheel drive versions of the Territory only. But at yesterday’s reveal of the comprehensively revised softroader, Ford execs confirmed the diesel powertrain will be offered across all three equipment grades and in both rear and all-wheel drive versions.

Territory will feature a modified version of the Ford PSA 2.7-litre V6 turbodiesel that once power Land Rover models. Coupled with a version of Falcon's six-speed ZF automatic transmission, the rear-wheel drive/diesel powertrain should set new fuel economy benchmarks for the medium SUV segments.

It will also be a unique offering -- short of luxury German marques there are currently no other passenger car derived high-ride SUVs that combine current turbodiesel technology with rear-wheel drive.

Ford insiders are quietly confident this offering, coupled with fresh styling and equipment upgrades will revitalize the Falcon-based crossover's position in the local marketplace.

Ford's marketing chief David Katic confirmed the availability of the diesel rear-drive Territory at yesterday's official unveiling of the new range. He told the Carsales Network the car would occupy "a unique spot in the market."

According to Katic Ford Australia is anticipating a high uptake of diesel in the roll out of the new model. Like its European small car diesel stablemates, the Territory oiler will wear TDCi badging.

"There are two types of buyers talking to our dealers now: established petrol customers who are looking at the new Territory and are keen to get into it; and those that have always considered Territory but wanted diesel... Buyers who are sick of driving a truck and want a more car like vehicle but with [SUV style amenity]," Katic explained.

Katic says "more than 50 per cent" of new Territory volume will be diesel -- a stat backed by new Ford Australia boss, Bob Graziano. Both Katic and Graziano admit, however, the proportion could be higher.

Katic asserts to date Territory has only competed in around half the potential Medium SUV market. With new paddocks to plough, the eventual model mix is hard to nail down, he says.

"We've ordered a lot [of the turbodiesel engines]," Katic stated. "But I've got this feeling that it will be big for us. If it comes in at a massive mix, say 90 per cent, then we are in for an interesting time... But we're confident the diesel customers will be incremental."

Katic said Ford was not concerned about moving stock of the existing model during the run-out period ahead of the new car’s onsale in May.

"We’re in good shape there," he says.

A significant switch to turbodiesel as the engine of choice in Territory could be problematic for Ford, however. Currently the Territory is 100 per cent petrol, with all engines built in-house at Ford’s Geelong-based engine plant. The new turbodiesel is fully imported.

Couple a drop in Territory's petrol volume with further reductions in the number of inline sixes going into Falcon, when Ford's turbocharged ECOBoost four-cylinder engine finds its way into the large sedan later this year, and could there be a problem in the making?

Not so, asserts new boss Graziano. In addition to real growth in Territory volume, he says other new products will offset any shortfall, including the new LPI (LPG) engine destined for Falcon.

"It's too early to talk about where we see the ultimate mix… Our opportunity our challenge and opportunity will be to continue to talk about the benefits of both the petrol and diesel [Territory offering],” Graziano opined.
I think they're going to sell a shitton of these.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #56
The Snout

Ok, I've shat over this car a fair bit cause it didn't look like it went far enough on looks and change. But it's looking better in these pics and the interior looks great.

I'd written it off as a car to look at this year when I lease, but it's back in the short list and has earnt at least a look and a drive.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #57
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
The diesel engine will be available across the range in both 2WD and AWD variants:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2011...erritory-23551

I think they're going to sell a shitton of these.
You and me both. Especially now that the wagon is gone. Let's say ~$42,000 for a Diesel RWD, they'll make a killing from fleets.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #58
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
If they ever decide to release a 4.0T or 5.0SC variant I'll be trading the FGT in on one !

Love the pic next to the superseeded model - makes the old one look like a boof head.
A supercharged Terry.....Sheet I'd be in that too! Bye Bye GT....
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #59
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Yet to be released. I'm hearing Early March for details.

goauto also mentions March for further details.
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #60
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Yes it is.
No manual at all?
kaniSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post