Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #91
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: In the market for a near new, just run in XC Cobra?

looks sus

and why you post a pic of a model car saying thats the interior.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #92
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they're the original tyres like the owners says, they will need replacing for sure irrespective of kms travelled.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #93
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont think its going to be driven on the road in a hurry.
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #94
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
What the hell?

You have your 18 year olds in the 70's whom lusted after one of these cars, yet things like weddings, houses kids etc prevented him from buying one. Now, he has paid of his house, kids have gone, jobs good and he has spare money, he goes out and looks for a coupe. You can't go doen to a Ford dealer and buy a new XC cobra, you have to find one.

At this time dont you buy a FG GT instead? (at half price mind you) The proper fuel isnt even available for it anymore.

these old cars, the owner is just looking to cash in. The true acid test is ask a non ford person what they would pay for it. They would think its a joke, seriously.

Last edited by RAPID_BA; 16-11-2011 at 06:10 PM.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #95
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
At this time dont you buy a FG GT instead? (at half price mind you) The proper fuel isnt even available for it anymore.

these old cars, the owner is just looking to cash in. The true acid test is ask a non ford person what they would pay for it. They would think its a joke, seriously.
If you want a cobra, you want a cobra...how much simple can it be put?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #96
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:

Why post when you dont actually have any idea what you are talking about?

Your posts add little value to threads about classics. The fuel comment is sheer hilarity!

Maybe stick to starting very deep and meaningful threads.

173 at last count
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #97
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Comparing a new car to something people have perhaps wanted their whole life doesnt even come close to an arguement
My dad had a Cobra when i was young, id nearly give my leftie to own one, to remind me of a family that stood together and helped each other and were ALL involved with the car in some way or another
Now the family has split in many directions, dont have a single uniform concern
You could call it what ya want, reminising,hard up , whatever
Id sell every car in the place and probably the place to own a Cobra
They mean more to me than ANY new car , irrelevant of the horssie power, economy
If ya never grew up around the oldish cars and got involved youd never understand it,im afraid
Now the best i can afford is my XC Fairmont GS,it doesnt come close to a Cobra, but its not bought as a Cobra inpersinator either
The missus would rather walk than see me sell the XC
Its whats in ya blood, flicking cars every few years how can people get attached ???
Sometimes sentimental is worth more than $$$
Something the new or younger genaration just doesnt get
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #98
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:

Ever heard the phrase "classic not plastic"
Alot of people that grew up in an era (the lucky ones) of these fine machines feel in love and lust after them still today...
Just because you don't see it doesn't mean others do, why should you care it's their money not your's.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #99
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:

the bold bit is a joke, seriously
a non ford person????
that is like asking me how much i would pay for a mint a9x - around $20. does that mean it's value is only $20 - in regards to why people would like this car, if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #100
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand

That sum's it up right there.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #101
79FordEsky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
Sometimes sentimental is worth more than $$$
Something the new or younger genaration just doesnt get
Very well said,I now what your saying when you have grown up with something that you a connection to. You always want to relive those memories or own a part of them.

Sorry for sound a bit dear but it has to be said.

My Survivor 1 owner XC Wagon
Check it Out
79FordEsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #102
mistermxer

personally i'd prefer it to come with a different kind of model for that money gigidy gigidy

mistermxer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post