Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-12-2021, 05:42 PM   #571
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
We have one as a company car - the VF SV6, the killer is how doughy the throttle is mapped, then it has no torque under 4500 RPM, the pedal does nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing then its like now we're going, its like it has a huge dead zone.

Plus how slow the trans is to react to your throttle inputs, I reckon its a combination of the throttle mapping taking ages to react to your inputs and then the lack of torque making it worse.

My solution is get stuck into it everywhere

Its a shame because aside from that its a great car, the stereo is a bit average though.
A lot of that would have been a calibration for fuel economy.

I have no doubt Holden engineers could have made that horrible V6 more responsive but the marketing department would have been demanding fuel economy improvements to help with fleet sales.

I know early FG's had quite urgent throttle response early on in the pedal travel, something that took me a while to acclimatize to, and something that catches others out if they jump in and drive the thing.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2021, 06:26 PM   #572
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
It's one of those situations where if you offload it you probably won't get another one as nice or around the same price.
Ive thought about changing to an F6 but the only one that was close has since been sold and is now in WA.

But your right, it'd be a hassle trying to get one like what i have. A quick car sales search tells me that too.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2021, 06:54 PM   #573
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
There's this rumour floating around FB G6E that Shannons reckon G6ET's will be the next big thing.
At a September Car Show out here got offered $31k for mine.
2010 50th 138,oookm Nice tune to 330kw.

As its the retirement Town Car, I'll wait & see.
Is this just the rumour off that bloke on the G6ET page on FB that couldn't even spell?

G6E Turbo are already on the move, but like everything else seemed to have topped with many people trying to cash in with buckled examples at high prices.

I bought a G6E Turbo with 230,000KM out of Pickles Auctions on 01/10/2018 for $6.5k hammer fall. Was ego on 18's with black interior, cracked spoiler and a rattly cat converter. Wish I'd kept that as a daily to run in to the ground. I had a few for the 7.5-13.5 mark between 2015 and 2019.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2021, 10:39 PM   #574
bb_zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
A lot of that would have been a calibration for fuel economy.

I have no doubt Holden engineers could have made that horrible V6 more responsive but the marketing department would have been demanding fuel economy improvements to help with fleet sales.

I know early FG's had quite urgent throttle response early on in the pedal travel, something that took me a while to acclimatize to, and something that catches others out if they jump in and drive the thing.
As Franco and yourself said the V6 Just revs and does not move, and it sounds terrible to boot. The FG is like chalk and cheese compared to that.
My wife sometimes drives our ute and she gets a bit scared from the power sometimes, but nevertheless she dosent mind taking out every now and then.

Every time i drove it it was miserable. If we could get the VF Door Trims and parts of the Dash into the FG then it would be the perfect match.

The VF seats are also terrible...so hard that they would give me sciatica pain after 30 minutes. People critisize the FG seats....wait till you sit in VF!

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2021, 11:53 PM   #575
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_zetec View Post
As Franco and yourself said the V6 Just revs and does not move, and it sounds terrible to boot. The FG is like chalk and cheese compared to that.
My wife sometimes drives our ute and she gets a bit scared from the power sometimes, but nevertheless she dosent mind taking out every now and then.

Every time i drove it it was miserable. If we could get the VF Door Trims and parts of the Dash into the FG then it would be the perfect match.

The VF seats are also terrible...so hard that they would give me sciatica pain after 30 minutes. People critisize the FG seats....wait till you sit in VF!
The problem with the VF seats is they're too wide, the side bolstering isn't tight enough to hold you in the seat - I'm a fat bastard, if I'm flopping around in the seat and it's not holding me in the seat well then whose it made for

If you have a lower back injury it'll show up as tightness/pain in your lower back or sciatic nerve pain down the back of your legs if you're driving something without good support in the seat to hold you in nicely.

If I need a crowbar to wedge myself out of the driver's seat then that's the go

I think the only way to solve the problem with the VF is only buy the L77/LS3 variants - if it has less than 8 cylinders then pass it up

If we're whinging about the LFX Commodores imagine how crap the Alloytec pre VEII variants drive - she's no Ecotec.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 21-12-2021 at 12:11 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2021, 01:37 AM   #576
willo56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_zetec View Post
Second this.. the bog standard VF SV6/SS seats are sheeit - went for a 4 + hour drive once in my old VF SS and almost needed to book a chiro at the end of it..

Ford seats have always been more comfy than holden/HSV imo , especially if u are big/tall
Previous :
1970 XYGT 351 Replica
1975 Falcon XBGS
1979 XD Fairmont Ghia 351
1982 XE Falcon Panelvan
1986 XF Falcon Ute
1988 EA Falcon
1995 EF Falcon
1997 Ford Explorer
2004 BA Falcon
2008 FG Falcon XR6 Turbo
2008 HSV VE Clubsport LS3
2008 Holden VE SS-V Ute
2011 FPV FG GT 335 #329
2013 Holden VF SS W310
2014 Holden VF SS-V Ute
willo56 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-01-2022, 09:07 PM   #577
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

happy new year thread: a 29% wholesale price increase in 2021

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...t-another-high
Old 20-01-2022, 09:13 PM   #578
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The problem with the VF seats is they're too wide, the side bolstering isn't tight enough to hold you in the seat - I'm a fat bastard, if I'm flopping around in the seat and it's not holding me in the seat well then whose it made for

If you have a lower back injury it'll show up as tightness/pain in your lower back or sciatic nerve pain down the back of your legs if you're driving something without good support in the seat to hold you in nicely.

If I need a crowbar to wedge myself out of the driver's seat then that's the go

I think the only way to solve the problem with the VF is only buy the L77/LS3 variants - if it has less than 8 cylinders then pass it up

If we're whinging about the LFX Commodores imagine how crap the Alloytec pre VEII variants drive - she's no Ecotec.

mmmm, Ecotec

They called you a boat anchor at the time, but who's laughing now?
Old 20-01-2022, 09:15 PM   #579
slowsnake
Banned

Can anyone tell me when a new car dealers demonstrator vehicle's become 2nd hand cars?
Surely there is a kilometre limit?
Was looking at dealer demo's out of sheer boredom and one was a 2021 model with 13,000 clicks on it, I know it's never been sold from 1st Rego, but 13,000 is a lot of use!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2022, 09:18 PM   #580
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
mmmm, Ecotec

They called you a boat anchor at the time, but who's laughing now?
The biggest crime is the L67, imagine if they put a better supercharger on it than the oldskool hand dryer they have they scored off Facebook Marketplace cheap when the local 30 year old Village Cinema renovated.
Old 20-01-2022, 10:08 PM   #581
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Can anyone tell me when a new car dealers demonstrator vehicle's become 2nd hand cars?
Was looking at dealer demo's out of sheer boredom and one was a 2021 model with 13,000 clicks on it, I know it's never been sold from 1st Rego, but 13,000 is a lot of use!

I looked at a ‘demo’ mondeo with my
Old man years ago. It was 2 years old and had 34000 on it but the dealer tried claiming that it was a demo because it was owned by ford the whole time. We just walked away.
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2022, 11:02 PM   #582
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The biggest crime is the L67, imagine if they put a better supercharger on it than the oldskool hand dryer they have they scored off Facebook Marketplace cheap when the local 30 year old Village Cinema renovated.
How would you do a much better setup Franco?

Picture a white VXII Calais with L67 with tweaks. L67 is my motor of choice from VT-VYII. I don't have one handy but I do have my hand up for a VY ecotec wagon in immaculate original condition.

(Mum is about to move and the Commodore wagon was always looked down upon by some very snobby neighbours. Funny how times change, the sobs asked if she was interested selling the wagon as well as house... In fact, everyone is asking if she wants to sell it these days.)
Old 20-01-2022, 11:06 PM   #583
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo56 View Post
Second this.. the bog standard VF SV6/SS seats are sheeit - went for a 4 + hour drive once in my old VF SS and almost needed to book a chiro at the end of it..

Ford seats have always been more comfy than holden/HSV imo , especially if u are big/tall
To add insult to injury, the VY's seats are more comfy too. Agree with Ford overall having comfier seating over the years. Our ED GLi was just lovely. All those motor reviewers from the early 2000s have a lot to answer for, with their handling focus in reviews, perhaps they were on the take from the chiropractors...
Old 20-01-2022, 11:10 PM   #584
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I think the Demo award goes to the old Rover 75 - after Rover went bust, they were still selling 2004 model new in 2009 and later...

(Nice car tho, little V6 has a great sound)
Old 21-01-2022, 02:23 PM   #585
Swordie

Quote:

Picture a white VXII Calais with L67 with tweaks. L67 is my motor of choice from VT-VYII. I don't have one handy but I do have my hand up for a VY ecotec wagon in immaculate original condition.

(Mum is about to move and the Commodore wagon was always looked down upon by some very snobby neighbours. Funny how times change, the sobs asked if she was interested selling the wagon as well as house... In fact, everyone is asking if she wants to sell it these days.)
The VY wagon is an excellent car. It is very practical, simple and includes a large load carrying space. I purchased mine new in 2003 and still have it. The seats are comfortable. Good luck with getting one.
Swordie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2022, 02:35 PM   #586
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Eaton M112 or Eaton M122 - larger displacement blower, the M90 is too small, 30 year old cinema ****ter hand dryer spec.

Or they should have used a turbo like they did in the 1980s on the Buick Grand National:

https://www.drivingline.com/articles...cle-car-motor/
Old 21-01-2022, 03:04 PM   #587
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKPUtSngCzs
Old 21-01-2022, 03:29 PM   #588
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordie View Post
The VY wagon is an excellent car. It is very practical, simple and includes a large load carrying space. I purchased mine new in 2003 and still have it. The seats are comfortable. Good luck with getting one.
Yep, Dad purchased his 2003 model in mid 2004, absolute base model with the wind up windows but it's a gem of a car. About 110,000 on the clock now. I reckoned they 'outwagoned' Ford at the time with VY vs the AUIII/BA. Has a smaller dash area so feels smaller, but equally long loadspace that feels deeper, above and below. The Ford feels shallower, that's subjective. Anyway, thankyou Telstra. Dad got his in a dark colour and absolutely loved it (he's passed now, hence my desire to keep the car in family) and was only ****ed off when someone called it a hearse.
Old 28-01-2022, 07:39 PM   #589
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I have mentioned a few times that I started to look seriously into a FG, FG MK II and FGX XR6 Turbo utes, to the point where I nearly bought an absolute mint low km, fully optioned FGX in Aero Blue for $42,000, at the time I though was a tad expensive.

Then Covid hit and now they are asking $65,000 for something similar, and without leather trim -

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...d-f9de87591553
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2022, 07:51 PM   #590
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
I have mentioned a few times that I started to look seriously into a FG, FG MK II and FGX XR6 Turbo utes, to the point where I nearly bought an absolute mint low km, fully optioned FGX in Aero Blue for $42,000, at the time I though was a tad expensive.

Then Covid hit and now they are asking $65,000 for something similar, and without leather trim -

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...d-f9de87591553
So glad i got mine when i did. Seems they are hard to get now, and even harder in manual.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 28-01-2022, 07:54 PM   #591
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
So glad i got mine when i did. Seems they are hard to get now, and even harder in manual.
I want an auto as I think it suits the engine better.

I was soooo close, if it wasn't for my dog going missing that day, it would have been mine.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2022, 07:56 PM   #592
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
I want an auto as I think it suits the engine better.

I was soooo close, if it wasn't for my dog going missing that day, it would have been mine.
Yeah it probably does, for me it had to be a manual because im 5 It also had to have lux pack too
I havnt really looked at autos to be fair, look at manuals just to see prices.
- Antz Turboside Intake

Last edited by DJM83; 28-01-2022 at 08:01 PM.
Old 28-01-2022, 08:05 PM   #593
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember a customer of mine paid $40k for a 71k KM FGX Auto turbo in August 2020 - when he told me, I nearly fell over. Surprised to see the prices are still going. $65k is not far off Sprint money though, but you can't get a manual Sprint 6!
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2022, 08:08 PM   #594
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV414 View Post
I remember a customer of mine paid $40k for a 71k KM FGX Auto turbo in August 2020 - when he told me, I nearly fell over. Surprised to see the prices are still going. $65k is not far off Sprint money though, but you can't get a manual Sprint 6!
I'm being very particular in that it has to be a ute and an auto. Never had a ute before, all of my Falcon's have been sedans.
Mustang GT

Old 28-01-2022, 08:10 PM   #595
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair play - hence they are still going up. People are happy to swallow the prices to some level to get EXACTLY what they want.
Old 28-01-2022, 10:46 PM   #596
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have 2 clients who bought the last of the v8 200 series landcruisers, one gets a phone call weekly from his dealer offering to buy it back, it’s up to $160k(sahara).

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 29-01-2022, 10:24 AM   #597
Vekgib

Wasn't long ago that these weren't fetching much more than $12k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SSE-AD-7444637

Nice, but not THAT nice

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2022, 12:22 PM   #598
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekgib View Post

Nice, but not THAT nice
In fairness thats tidy, but far out
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 29-01-2022, 01:08 PM   #599
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekgib View Post

Nice, but not THAT nice
38k?Lot of money for a BF,but there might be someone out there willing to part with that kind of money.If you come to sell it @ some stage,would you ever get that kind of money back?$64,000 question.He is obviously trying to ‘cash’ in on the used car ‘pandemic’. It cheeky on the price in my personal op.
Old 29-01-2022, 01:45 PM   #600
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Take a minute and look at the drivers seat position!
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post