Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What are the chances of this happening????

Driver nabbed by same cop on other side of the world

Posted 2 hours 43 minutes ago

A motorist caught speeding in London two years ago moved to New Zealand only to be booked by the same police officer for again exceeding the limit, reports said.

Former London bobby Andy Flitton ticketed the man in Britain two years ago, shortly before migrating to New Zealand - then caught him again in September on a highway on the South Island, the New Zealand Herald reported.

Mr Flitton, who now works for the New Zealand traffic police, said he had forgotten about the original booking until the man approached him while he was writing out the ticket.

"He asked if I had worked in London, I said 'yes'. He asked if I used to operate the laser gun on the A5 in North London, I said 'yes'," Mr Flitton told the newspaper.

"And he said 'I thought it was you, you gave me my last speeding ticket there two years ago'."

Mr Flitton said the man told him he had moved to New Zealand two weeks before his latest booking, unaware his nemesis was also in the same country.

"We must have some sort of connection," he said. "He only ever broke the law twice and both times I was the one to give him a ticket... it just shows what a small world it really is."

- AFP

That is truely a one in a million isnt it???
A case of Police harassment?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

do you watch motorway patrol? every second cop is a pom! so that part doesn't suprise me. the other part I will give it to you, pretty rare indeed.

imagine if they both migrated to australia and the same thing happend.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

P.S. funny how the cop never remembers you, but always the person copping the ticket, clear as day!
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
fmc351
let it burn

It would feel strange enough in a capital city getting nabbed by the same copper, and thats likely enough. On the opposite side of the planet, "insert twilight zone music here"
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got caught speeding by hand held radar heading down to Torquay one day in about 1996.

A few weeks later my car was stolen, and found half way down a boat ramp into the Barwon River. When I arrived to identify the car, one of the questions an officer asked to identify me was "have you been caught speeding lately?" I said yeah, down Torquay rd. He said "I was the cop who booked you"

Similar coincidence, although not really in the same league eh...
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow thats a pretty amazeing coincedence, what a small world we live in, when i was a young bloke not long after moving into a new house(new old house), i purchased a really nice refurbished 1967 xr 289, not long after i found out the previouse owner of the car was also the previouse owner of the house that i now lived in (plays twilight zone music) .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Many years ago while in Cairns, I got a cab from the airport to the motel and the driver asked me where i was from. Told him and he said if i used to fly to Palm Island, I told him yes.... turns out he was the former Sergent from the island!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
deanp100

Was sitting in the business class lounge in Ghana airport(It had a fishtank for entertainment) which is worse than the other side of the world. There were 3 other people in there. One was Australian which is not so great. The second was reading a CCTV magazine with my tiny but very well filmed local railway station pictured on the front cover and the third was reading Sports Illustrated with my mother in law on the front cover. Incidentally she wasn't the main picture. That was all a little freaky.
deanp100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #8
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanp100
Was sitting in the business class lounge in Ghana airport(It had a fishtank for entertainment) which is worse than the other side of the world. There were 3 other people in there. One was Australian which is not so great. The second was reading a CCTV magazine with my tiny but very well filmed local railway station pictured on the front cover and the third was reading Sports Illustrated with my mother in law on the front cover. Incidentally she wasn't the main picture. That was all a little freaky.
(plays twilight zone music)
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #9
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I used to live in a very large share house in Sydney. I moved in the day a Korean girl was moving out. She cooked the house mates lunch, I was invited to join them.

Anyway... met her in passing a few times as she was walking boxes of stuff to the car.

Go fwd a little over a year later.... I go to Korea to work, and mention this in an email to my friends, some of which were also house mates. One German friend (ex house mate) passes me the Korean girls email - suggesting we 'meet up'. She also emailed the Korean girl, saying that I was going to Korea.

Neither myself or the Korean girl followed it up... after all, we hardly knew each other and in a country of 50 million the chances of us even being in the same city were very remote indeed.

I go for a drink in a random bar in Seoul, a city of some 11 million people and a Korean girl who looks vaguely familiar walks up to me and says 'Didn't I cook lunch for you in Sydney once?'....
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #10
Auturbo6
The only thing u'll see!!

How cool is this!!!