Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 02-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default XE 4.1 X flow Turbo

Hey guys,

I'm aware you guys mainly work on late-ish model Fords. But i was wondering if you'd be able to help with a 4.1 X flow Turbo conversion. If not let me know.

The XE is stock at the moment, and it's actually a 3.3, and it's dual Fuel. It has factory everything including exhaust, carby etc. I would like to have the engine rebuilt as a 4.1 and set up for straight gas turbo (so low comp, gas heads and cam etc.) but i don't think you do that kind of engine building work, correct me if i'm wrong though. I'm looking at max power of 300 rwkw eventually out of the set-up.

I guess what i'd like help with is mainly the turbo set-up as i'm a V8 man and know FA about Turbos. So type of, and where to source, turbo and associated equipment, exhaust manifold, Gas research set up, plennum etc all for reasonable cost is all things i need advice about, also things like what exhaust set up i will need and also cooling system.

Other than the engine work i get the feeling Blue Power is an all stop shop for the remainder of the set up and i'd like to have a chat about the above and all the costs for you to do the job etc.

I'm not looking to get the job completed until another three months or so but i'd like to start accumulating the parts from now, so it's all good to go when the time comes.

Feel free to PM me or if's easier to speak on the phone or in person let me know and i'll call in.

Thanks. Fady.

XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
Belial
Clevo Mafia Muscle Man

Pfft,
Chris, just chuck in a JZA80 engine........

This will interesting to see what the BPR guy's can do...

Daily
FPV GS Manual Sedan. (1 of 20)
now 360rwhp thanx to Blue Power Racing
"Global warming..." " I'm doing my part!"

Also a member of the Clevo Mafia.
You hit me, we hit you!
&
Metal Jacket Muscle Car Club
Belial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
PSI-54L
???

Thought about putting an XR6-Turbo motor in?

They handle gas well. and will have a reliable 300rwkw daily.

Cheap and easy to source parts and have work done to.

Food for thought...
CVO Breakout
PSI-54L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
Hey guys,

I'm aware you guys mainly work on late-ish model Fords. But i was wondering if you'd be able to help with a 4.1 X flow Turbo conversion. If not let me know.

The XE is stock at the moment, and it's actually a 3.3, and it's dual Fuel. It has factory everything including exhaust, carby etc. I would like to have the engine rebuilt as a 4.1 and set up for straight gas turbo (so low comp, gas heads and cam etc.) but i don't think you do that kind of engine building work, correct me if i'm wrong though. I'm looking at max power of 300 rwkw eventually out of the set-up.

I guess what i'd like help with is mainly the turbo set-up as i'm a V8 man and know FA about Turbos. So type of, and where to source, turbo and associated equipment, exhaust manifold, Gas research set up, plennum etc all for reasonable cost is all things i need advice about, also things like what exhaust set up i will need and also cooling system.

Other than the engine work i get the feeling Blue Power is an all stop shop for the remainder of the set up and i'd like to have a chat about the above and all the costs for you to do the job etc.

I'm not looking to get the job completed until another three months or so but i'd like to start accumulating the parts from now, so it's all good to go when the time comes.

Feel free to PM me or if's easier to speak on the phone or in person let me know and i'll call in.

Thanks. Fady.
Fady,

Thanks for your Enquiry mate. This is a project that is a little different to what we would normally see.

The reality here is actually that the engine side of things is more our specialty, whereas one off fabrication on these older vehicles is not.

Mark Johnson at JPC in thomastown has done several of these cars to great effect, and would be the person to whom I would steer you for such a project. Having had the experience, im sure Mark could steer you in the right direction, from fabrication, product selection down to tuning.

Like I eluded to, this is not something we would take on due to our lack of experience with this setup, which is why we will point you to someone who has a great track record in this conversion.

Good luck with it mate, and if we can be of assistance in the future, please let us know.

Regards

Theo
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theo is right about JPC as he has done alot of LPG turbo setups and a mate is getting Mark to tune his vl turbo wagon with a big setup, its runs a gas research gear with a Haltech spirit 500 unit for ignition and should be tuned there soon.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSI-54L
Thought about putting an XR6-Turbo motor in?

They handle gas well. and will have a reliable 300rwkw daily.

Cheap and easy to source parts and have work done to.

Food for thought...
Hi, thanks for the suggestion mate. Yes i did thing about XR6T setup, but as i'm a bit old school i'd rather avoid complex computers, ECU's and stuff as much as i can. Plus the way i'd like to have the set up, the car doesn't require an engineer's certificate (according to VICROADS) and the factory engine will remain so no need to change engine numbers etc. Obviuosly all this would be different with an XR6T motor. Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo@BluePower
Fady,

Thanks for your Enquiry mate. This is a project that is a little different to what we would normally see.

The reality here is actually that the engine side of things is more our specialty, whereas one off fabrication on these older vehicles is not.

Mark Johnson at JPC in thomastown has done several of these cars to great effect, and would be the person to whom I would steer you for such a project. Having had the experience, im sure Mark could steer you in the right direction, from fabrication, product selection down to tuning.

Like I eluded to, this is not something we would take on due to our lack of experience with this setup, which is why we will point you to someone who has a great track record in this conversion.

Good luck with it mate, and if we can be of assistance in the future, please let us know.

Regards

Theo
Not a prob at all Theo, thanks for being honest mate. I'll get in touch with Mark at JPC and let him know you referred me. Thanks again mate, and i'm sure we'll talk soon either way.

Fady.
Old 24-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi Try getting in touch with Dave at swift automotive in dandenong http://www.swiftauto.com.au/Home.aspx . He's had a few lpg fueled turbo falcons from XE on. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post