Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 17-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
Russell Coight
Starter Motor

Default BF XR6T tune

hihi,

Very keen on getting a tune for my BF XR6T. Narrowed it down to HP-F and BPR, BPR preferred as they're much closer to where I live. Just after some (unbiased if possible) advice on which mob to go with? Looking at the 315kW tune HP-F does. Do BPR have an equivalent?

Also thinking of upgrading the turbo oil supply line to a braided line with replaceable/cleanable? filter, like the ETM kit in this thread. Is it possible to get this done at the same time? If so any idea what the damage would be?

thanks

Russell Coight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Can't speak in terms of a XR6T but as a BPR customer i can honestly tell your i have never felt more welcome or respected as a customer which is rare for me being a customer in my early 20's.

Theo & Chris become more like mates the second you walk into the workshop rather than the typical customer/service provided relationship you usually get somewhere like a mechanic.

The part i really like is that my car gets treated with as much respect as any car there even though compared to some customers i have spent peanuts.

And yes i have used other performance workshops before BPR (Not HPF though) and none have held a candle to the boys @ BPR.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
6onb00st

as a BPR customer and a xr6 turbo owner id have to say theo & chris are the type of blokes you want working on your car they explain everything in detail there both funny and chris is a genuis with tuning the xr6t. Im extremely happy with my car you cant go wrong with BPR.
Old 17-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
Russell Coight
Starter Motor

Thanks fellas.
Old 17-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Russell, I first walked into BPR late 2005, Chris was then a stranger, Theo also, they are now both good mates. I have had two cars go there and cannot speak highly enough of them. My advice is to meet the people you want to work on your pride and joy and go with your gut feeling. I did and have not regretted it.
Old 17-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
Russell Coight
Starter Motor

Do Chris and Theo work at the Campbellfield shop?
Old 17-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeap. I too have never felt so good talking about my car with a shop.

I am yet to be a big spender customer, I had my EL Ghia (I6) fiddled with and my XD 302C ute tuned by them. I felt like I had a GT etc, they didn't make me feel small for not having a big dollar car.

I will always go to them for anything performance orientated.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #8
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Coight
hihi,

Very keen on getting a tune for my BF XR6T. Narrowed it down to HP-F and BPR, BPR preferred as they're much closer to where I live. Just after some (unbiased if possible) advice on which mob to go with? Looking at the 315kW tune HP-F does. Do BPR have an equivalent?

Also thinking of upgrading the turbo oil supply line to a braided line with replaceable/cleanable? filter, like the ETM kit in this thread. Is it possible to get this done at the same time? If so any idea what the damage would be?

thanks
Hi mate,

Unfortunately we do not have any package deals as such, mainly due to the fact that the turbo 6 lineup is such a dynamic one, with some cars requiring valve springs etc they can vary in such manner that we really need to tailor mods to a particular vehicle.

For this, we recommend you call by and lets look at the car, your requirements, and firstly see if we can be of assistance.

Generally speaking however, the BF XR6T is a vehicle that usually gives outstanding bang for buck in terms of money spent and rear wheel kilowatts, so you will certainly not be dissapointed.

Give us a call at the office, Theo is the turbo guru here, and im sure he can explain the features and benefits of BPR work on your car with clarity that you can appreciate.

Regards

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #9
Russell Coight
Starter Motor

Thanks Chris, mine is a MKII, does that mean I still might need valve springs?
Old 19-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #10
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Coight
Thanks Chris, mine is a MKII, does that mean I still might need valve springs?
It varies from car to car and just how much you want to get done. I had a BA MK2 with 284rwkw and it did not need valve springs. I am pretty sure BA MKII and BF's only started to need them around 320rwkw onwards. Where my FG F6 needed them straight away, but some haven't.
Old 19-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #11
Russell Coight
Starter Motor

Only asking cos I thought the MKII's had the stronger valve springs from the factory?
Old 21-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #12
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 

Another vote for Bluepower, if you want your car treated like it's "Your Baby" -you won't regret it.
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post