Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default The road to recovery Bundaberg

As many of you are aware Bundaberg has been recently devastated by flooding in the Burnett River. Thousands of people lost their homes and there are still hundreds in makeshift accommodation in the showgrounds.

Bundaberg has been known to make the odd drinky so Bundaberg Distillers are holding a fund raising event on Saturday 16th March to assist the victims.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/bun...forts/1763091/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy rag
THE names of Bundaberg's flooded streets and roads will be recognised and honoured as the Bundaberg Distilling Company throws their support behind the community to help get Bundaberg back on its feet.

Announcing their Road to Recovery program this morning, Bundaberg Distilling Company site manager Graham Wrigglesworth said the limited edition rum would bear the names of those affected streets and names across the region when released at a special event on March 16.

"The company has been part of the community for 125 years and has a really proud history of giving back to this community," Mr Wrigglesworth said.

"On March 16 the special event will give families a well earned break from the massive clean-up task and also encourage tourists to visit the city."

Mr Wigglesworth is confident sales on the day would raise a significant amount which would be donated to Bundaberg's flood recovery efforts.

"We will raise $250, 000," he said.

"The Road to Recovery Rum will be sold for $60 and all proceeds going to the flood recovery."

"We will also be giving away one bottle to each flood affected household on the day.

Mr Wrigglesworth said he hoped they could attract between 2000-3000 people to the special event.
Now many are aware that Bundy Rum sponsor one of those red cars and will probably have something there from them to help with the event.

I can not think of a better way to show them the error of their ways than to have an overwhelming number of Ford vehicles turn up there from all directions to show the flag, help the victims and maybe have a rum or two.

AFF has many members to the north, south and west of Bundy so why not show the world that Ford enthusiasts aren't all that bad after all.

flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The road to recovery Bundaberg

I am a little bit disappointed that no one seems to be interested in helping the people of Bundy after the ordeal they have been through let alone visiting Bundy Rum with a heap of Fords to point out the mistake they made sponsoring Holden.

Bundaberg is about 4hrs north of Brisbane, 3 from SC, 5 from GC, 2 from Gladstone, 3 from Rockvegas.

Come on guys, do your bit and buy some cheap rum. You never know we might get on the news and a feelgood car enthusiast story would not be a bad thing.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

I didn't even see this thread. Maybe you should force a read :P

I have family there and my Auntie lost everything. I think I'll be in Bundy at that date anyway. Let's get some AFF there!!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our daughter and her husband were very very lucky...they live in north Bundy and the water came up to within a whisker of going into their old low-set house. She lost everything in the downstairs area, the freezer, and all her craft and sewing equipment (her small business) but they aren't complaining...down the road from them are some houses subsided into enormous holes and the poor buggers that live there aren't even allowed to go back inside to try and recover personal items as the houses are unsafe.

Gillard generously said she would donate a million bucks to the Queensland flood appeal...a million dollars...when they give nearly five BILLION in overseas aid every year. People in Bundy weren't happy when she visited briefly.

Everyone should buy some rum...I'm buying some, and I don't even drink!
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

If i wasnt at work id be more then happy, have a mate in Bundy and whilst from what i hear he wasnt too adversely affected still had some dramas.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yep, I only saw this thread as well. I can't make that date, but will be buying some rum to assist!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mate lives outside Mundubbera - he lost everything!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
My mate lives outside Mundubbera - he lost everything!
Yeh the whole North Burnett is a disaster zone. The flood proof bridges in Muddy and Gayndah both went under. It will be years if not decades before things catch up out there.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

When I saw the thread title (and who started it) I thought, AHA! Flappy has found a hangover cure !

Anyway is there a web site so us Southerners can get some by mail order?

I'm not a Rum drinker but it would be a neat conversation piece though.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #10
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Let's get a list going to see who is going? I'll start;

Kable72
Old 06-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I wanted to go but I have to help friends move house. :(

Tried to buy a bottle of rum, but no go, they wont ship it, even at extra cost which I am happy to pay.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #12
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
I wanted to go but I have to help friends move house. :(

Tried to buy a bottle of rum, but no go, they wont ship it, even at extra cost which I am happy to pay.
Do it on sunday :P
This user likes this post:
Old 06-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Not sure if I can make it on the 16th but I'm currently planning out a trip up for this weekend to check out the "extreme zone" with some of the old hockey boys.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #14
4stanger