Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 10-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Default Blown Boss for 67 XR

Hey Chris its a new year and i have been given a invite back to the Forums as long as i behave and dont get into any heated debates with the bosses, i thought i would change my name for a new begining and a more appropriate one as there is no more stroker engine instead there is going to be one of your KB kitted Boss 5.4 motors.
I am that excited about this year i got all the prices last week for the RRS gear and i actually got the car out of its place of storage on tuesday and gave it a clean and have a look at it, the first time its turned its wheels in a long time.
For anyone that is interested my project is for my 67 XR Falcon to be fitted out with Revalation Racing Supplies parts list:
Front coil overs
Phase 4 front brakes
Phase 3 rear brakes
under dash booster
3 Link rear end
Rack & Pinion (power)
Race bred power steering pump & reservoir kit
Shock tower notching kit
Billet tower top caps
Braided hose kit
I have made my mind up on the Phase 3 rear brakes as i want to be able to do some circuit fun days even though my main aim is the drags, the problem is i have to run a minimum of a 17" rim this makes the tyre choice limited for the drags although the Americans are putting down some great times with the BF-Goodrich Drag Radial (7.8sec) 1/4miles. Given the adjustability of the suspension i will have, i think we should be able to run some good numbers.
engine wise a built boss motor by Chris and then adding a Kenne Belle blower will have me more HP than most of the small block strokers getting around and when it comes to drive ability well mine will win that hands down, the lower stall convertor is the first thing that will be a significant difference. As for the Transmission i was thinking about the 4 speed BTR to match the Boss but when it comes to reliability i am edging towards the C4 as once these are built right you are laughing.
My aim is to have the Falcon on the 1/8th mile at Mildura for the first round of the ANDRA Tri-Series in November, that way i will have it all sorted out for the final round in my home town of Whyalla in March 09.
On a final note please feel free to express your feelings or your thoughts on what i am doing, the reason i say this is a few of my mates were dead against me doing this, modern engine old car just doesnt work but they started changing there minds when they seen the Dyno graphs that Chris sent me, and the photos i took of a couple of Eleanor Mustangs getting fitted out with all the RRS gear.
Cheers

Cameron

KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #2
KBBossedXR

The photos have gone blury now that i have reduced them, anyone got some advice on how to get the Quality back,doesnt look right like this.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

You are going to have 1 weapon of a car, make sure you keep us informed of the progress

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
KBBossedXR

sure will
Old 11-01-2008, 01:12 AM   #5
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

www.photobucket.com
jesus this thing's gunna FLY!
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
KBBossedXR

Any one got any ideas about the bonnet, i dont want to run the Hornet Scoop anymore mainly due to the fact i want to be able to drive it on the street and the police here in SA really dont like them. I have seen some different types of reverse style scoops on the Mustangs in the US, then theres the Eleanor style bonnet bulge or the XR8/GT bulge, its hard to picture how it would look but i will need the clearance so i will have to come up with something.
Old 13-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

how much clearence do you need?
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #8
XRQTOR
Banned

Tell your mates to bugger off, i've sold about a dozen Boss engine in the last 12 months and half of them have been to guys doing resto's on older cars with the rest going itno kit car's.

Will the Boss engine slot right in or do the shoch towers need to be notched, if they need to be notched & it's within your budget i'd go with a MCdonald brothers double wishbone front end and tubular cross member. This would allow you to drop the engine further & give you pleanty of width aswell.

Out of intres do you have a Boss engine yet or you looking to buy one.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
KBBossedXR

I will be looking for a engine when the time gets closer, Chris did say he could get one but i will keep you in mind, how much for a low mileage motor.
Yes the Shocky towers will need to be notched, i have seen a couple of cars with the RRS notching kit and this gives a hell of alot of room either side.
I dont know much about the Mcdonald brothers gear but the RRS is pretty much a straight forward bolt in set up with very little modifacations required, with a very wide feild of adjustability for set up.
As for bonnet clearance or engine lowering this is something i dont know at the moment and i wont know for some time yet but i cant picture it going in with the blower and still having clearance.
Old 14-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #10
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Thumbs up

RRS gear is great for what you are doing,i think if you get in contact wit the guys at Blue Oval Garage (site sponsors ) they put a boss motor in an xy and probs they could steer you in right direction http://www.thebog.com.au/

Bluepower Chris
Can you argue with what he has done with Boss engines ??? Thats why im his No 1 Fan

hope all goes well sounds like a great project as i love the xr Falcons !!!!!!!!!

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBBossedXR
I will be looking for a engine when the time gets closer, Chris did say he could get one but i will keep you in mind, how much for a low mileage motor.
Yes the Shocky towers will need to be notched, i have seen a couple of cars with the RRS notching kit and this gives a hell of alot of room either side.
I dont know much about the Mcdonald brothers gear but the RRS is pretty much a straight forward bolt in set up with very little modifacations required, with a very wide feild of adjustability for set up.
As for bonnet clearance or engine lowering this is something i dont know at the moment and i wont know for some time yet but i cant picture it going in with the blower and still having clearance.
I sold a complete low k BF MKII engine last night with 16,oook's on it, no ecu or loom for 7k. I refused to part the loom & ecu from the ZF and the guy wanted a good low K engine so he paid what i was asking. If you are looking at building a tough engine i would reccomend buying one that requires a rebuild $15oo-$3ooo or using all new parts, no point paying top $$$ only to strip it and replace everything.

Mc Donald brothers do some bolt in gear but alot of their work is custom stuff and their prices are very reasonable, esp compared to the RRS gear. http://www.mcdonaldbrosracing.com.au/contact.php
Old 14-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #12
GRNKPR

Mc Donald brothers do some bolt in gear but alot of their work is custom stuff and their prices are very reasonable, esp compared to the RRS gear. http://www.mcdonaldbrosracing.com.au/contact.php[/QUOTE]

you pay for quality i know who id go through !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 14-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #13
KBBossedXR

Been in contact with the guys at the BOG a few times as well as Chris, and all of them have been great spent plenty of time giving me advise, but nows it time to get it happening.
As for the RRS there is nothing that comes close to it in my opinion and yes its not cheap but quality it is and as i have stated before the Guys at RRS are constantly looking at how they can improve things instead of just sitting back thinking we have the best lets leave it at that.
Old 14-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
Mc Donald brothers do some bolt in gear but alot of their work is custom stuff and their prices are very reasonable, esp compared to the RRS gear. http://www.mcdonaldbrosracing.com.au/contact.php

you pay for quality i know who id go through !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]Having seen a GT with RRS gear and a Torrie with MC BR gear i have to say i like the MC BR gear better, nicer welds, chrome moly. The torrie gear was custom made vs bolt in for the GT.
Old 14-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #15
SNGT
BOSS 290

does ne1 know if a 5.4 boss motor would fit in a '64 fairlane compact??
SNGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #16
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNGT
does ne1 know if a 5.4 boss motor would fit in a '64 fairlane compact??
Hi mate,

at a guess RRS may have something in the pipeline, Chris and Tony at Blue Oval Garage will know more, and great guys to boot...

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #17
GRNKPR

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Hi mate,

at a guess RRS may have something in the pipeline, Chris and Tony at Blue Oval Garage will know more, and great guys to boot...

if they are as nice as you Chris ,Hei is on easy st

Old 15-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #18
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
if they are as nice as you Chris ,Hei is on easy st
Sounds like you want to date him : ...
Old 15-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #19
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Hrrm if this becomes a more popular (Read: Affordable) conversion... I might look at something similar (Although N/A Boss) in the future.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #20
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Hrrm if this becomes a more popular (Read: Affordable) conversion... I might look at something similar (Although N/A Boss) in the future.
The demand for these engines is increasing as the new kit cars both cobras & GT4o's require the use of a mod engine to be registered, the price of even stat writeoffs has gone up quite significantly in the last 12 months. Don't expect them to become cheaper.
Old 16-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #21
KBBossedXR

Unfortunately i dont see it getting any cheaper, but it will get easier as more people do it due to parts being released to assist with the job.
My mate last night was still trying to talk me into getting Chris to put the Blower on my XR8 Ute and build a small block stroker for the XR.
My mate raced his XY here on Saturday with his 351 clevo & Carby and apart from 3 cars out of 37 they were all the same a V8 with a Carby or 2.
I told him this is why i am doing what i am doing, we cant all be the same all the time and reminded him of the saying
GET BLOWN OR GET BLOWN AWAY
Old 16-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #22
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBBossedXR
Unfortunately i dont see it getting any cheaper, but it will get easier as more people do it due to parts being released to assist with the job.

My mate last night was still trying to talk me into getting Chris to put the Blower on my XR8 Ute and build a small block stroker for the XR.
My mate raced his XY here on Saturday with his 351 clevo & Carby and apart from 3 cars out of 37 they were all the same a V8 with a Carby or 2.
I told him this is why i am doing what i am doing, we cant all be the same all the time and reminded him of the saying
GET BLOWN OR GET BLOWN AWAY
Wheres the fun in building something everyone else has, you might aswell go buy a car thats already finished.
Old 16-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #23
GRNKPR

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Sounds like you want to date him : ...

Nah known him for years and taking the ****sssssss : : : : : : :

Old 17-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #24
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Nah known him for years and taking the ****sssssss : : : : : : :
Just stirring man.