Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 06-01-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
rendomred
Starter Motor

Default what to do????

Hi, I am looking at putting a blower on my GT :SaiyanSmi i have done 122000km in it (FLOGED ) but am not to shore if it will hold up, what do u think? should i do the motor up first an what $$$$ would u be looking at to do something?
I have ur air box, 4.11 gears and its been tuned by dave in mackay,(HE DA MAN : )

Thanks.

rendomred is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #2
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

You have answered your own question, sounds like you will wring the neck out of a dead chook, let alone several, play it safe and invest in a strip down and report.

Im sure that 6psi would still see you with another 100k or so with minimal expense
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 03:04 AM   #3
rendomred
Starter Motor

yea your right Laminge i prob would, but thats all the fun,
Im just not to shore on how far to go with it, should the pistens an all be changed would i get away with just replacing the rings?
Old 06-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendomred
yea your right Laminge i prob would, but thats all the fun,
Im just not to shore on how far to go with it, should the pistens an all be changed would i get away with just replacing the rings?
where do we start? first thing, you have the right guy doing your tuning, thats important.

2nd thing - we have seen great reliability out of these engines when tuned correctly - when you fit superchargers there are no guarantees on longevity..

Having said that, with correct tuning we have a bank of clients who are making between 350 and 450rwkw on standard engines trouble free.

Im not saying that the engines handle 450rwkw, however if you take some precautions you can certainly put the risk factor on the low side.

Many people have been unlucky - lucky for us our kits are pretty nice - we dont need to wring the neck out of the cars to make grunt. When we were testing with the 2.3 whipple and 1.8 eaton, we had to "jump" on the job a little harder so see results, with these babies, they are much more forgiving.

4.11's are a great thing with a blower - they unload the car no end, and therefore making the whole thing more reliable.

Just budget for some tyres. :

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #5
rendomred
Starter Motor

Thanks chris,

yea the 4.11 are good, i ended up puting a KAZZA center in, im not to shore on whats the go with it, its verry noisy when driving slow, iv talked to the place that fitted it and they told me this is normal, ??? its just the two gears trying to grip into each other but can it be adjusted or will i just have to give it more down low to get it to grip in???

Would u say that the motor should be looked at first, ? Its had no prob so far but it has had a hard life. I have seen motors get done up an they never seem to be as reliabile.

I am doing good with tyres a set of rears lasts around 2 month at the best of times lol

I must say i have not been this happy with my car since meeting dave he a good man,
Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendomred
Thanks chris,

yea the 4.11 are good, i ended up puting a KAZZA center in, im not to shore on whats the go with it, its verry noisy when driving slow, iv talked to the place that fitted it and they told me this is normal, ??? its just the two gears trying to grip into each other but can it be adjusted or will i just have to give it more down low to get it to grip in???

Would u say that the motor should be looked at first, ? Its had no prob so far but it has had a hard life. I have seen motors get done up an they never seem to be as reliabile.

I am doing good with tyres a set of rears lasts around 2 month at the best of times lol

I must say i have not been this happy with my car since meeting dave he a good man,
I wouldn't - I would budget for an engine, but i would use the engine that Ford blessed us with. You should see the curry that the 290 in my ute cops, the rumour around the traps is that it runs a built motor, however I can state here and now its a stocky. If it was a built item, id throw 14psi at it tomorrow.

Dave and I have been swapping notes on tuning over the past 18 months or so, and we have both been learning a heap. One thing i like about Dave is that he makes conservative power, we are on the same page with our ideas, so I believe a 8-10 psi setup will give a heap of enjoyment.

On the plus side, we have an engine program exclusive to BPR supercharger clients that is extremely cost effective.

Why not run a safe 380-400 for the moment?? you know that you will want more, we all do. When the temptation gets there, do a motor and upgrade the fuel system, then Dave can scare you with a 450 plus 14psi setup.

Mate, Im glad you went the Kaaz - after trashing your LSD, it really is the best option for you and your wallet.

Gimme a buzz anytime mate.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post