Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-10-2016, 08:45 AM   #11
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 
Default Re: My ZF Auto - Paddle Shifter Idea

Howdy. Three things here.
1. It is possible to rejig the circuit board inside the wheel mounted switch pods. I had to rework the audio pod circuit board and change all the FG resistance values to BA/F, when I fitted the FG wheel to my BF, so the buttons would work with the BF ICC.

2. If you need a few more wires to connect the steering wheel to the column... there is some room left in the clock spring. Basically... The spare wire locations in the steering wheel-clockspring plug are already "wired" through the clock spring... waiting to be used for something.

3. I wasn't actually suggesting reassigning any existing buttons off the switch pods. When I said steering wheel mounted paddles before... I meant new paddles mounted to the steering wheel.

Hope this made sense

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: