Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-08-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
$AUDude
99' AU Falcon Forte

Default AU1 Shudder?

Hey Guys, after a quick search through the forums I've decided I need some help with my AU1 Forte...

The car has recently developed a shudder when stationary, after slowing to a stop. It occurred less frequently in the past and I just assumed it was brake shudder, since that is a common problem with this series of cars. But I just noticed the shudder causes the engine revs to drop from idle (roughly 600-700) to around the 400rpm mark. I have also found that shifting to neutral before stopping eliminates the problem.

Any help/opinions would be appreciated. I have had no problems with the car so far and I'm really hoping it's nothing major. Thanks in advance...

$AUDude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Turn the A/C off if it is on & test again
In any case, reset the ECU

They would be the first trouble shooting measures I would take
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

You could also try cleaning the idle Speed Control unit. Check out this thread.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...t=idle+control
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #4
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

I have had the same problem with mine for a long time now, am not in the wallet size for getting it fixed lately though. It did it the first time about a year ago, i went and had the back brake pads changed and all the rotors machined and it went away for about 8 months, now it does it constantly jsut as you described it, even to the point of stauling sometimes (its an auto!!). I have booked in to have all the pads changed again and have all the rotors looked at, if it needs i'll be buying up brand new in an attempt to stop it again... i have also cleaned the ISC and reset the CPU twice to no avail.
Old 18-08-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What has the brakes got to do with a stalling engine? Two different probs - if it the whole car shakes when you brake you probably need to machine rotors / get new pads

If the shudder comes from the engine bay - i.e you don't feel it through the brake pedal you have an engine prob. ISC is a likely culprit, maybe the ignition system
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
$AUDude
99' AU Falcon Forte

Thanks guys... I mucked around with the A/C and the problem has stopped for now, haven't reset the ECU yet, but if it starts up again I will try that. Any other ideas, feel free to post. Cheers.
$AUDude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post