Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
"Interceptor"
Formerly reaper_falcon

Default AU Falcon Dash diagnostics

How you all going.
Just tried out the diagnostics for you dashboard but I can't get them to work. I have a Series II Falcon Forte and I have another Instrument cluster also from another car and tried that out too but cant seem to get any of them working. I am guessing I have the timing wrong. If someone knows of a video that they could post up on Youtube or something to help out, or a bit more of a description on what happens when you know it is in diagnostic mode would be much appreciated. PS: I have seen the diagnostics working on a series 2 forte so no my car is not incompatable.

"Interceptor" is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
whiskers
gone fishing

give this a go it's the "how to" and also shows you what is there good luck with it,
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=34

cheers
Whiskers
whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the timing is critical and often taskes a few attempts

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
"Interceptor"
Formerly reaper_falcon

thanks guys, will have to give another go
Old 11-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
"Interceptor"
Formerly reaper_falcon

Trying to get the readings so I can see what mileage I'm running. I am trying to beat my dad's BF XR6's mielage which is down to about 11's round town, but mine I believe wouldn't be too far off being an AU. I only use $30 of fuel a week to drive from one side of Mackay to the other 5 days a week, so I'll keep you updated see how it runs.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
james22
With da Warlords

Know this is a way old post. But i've just searched through fordmods tech document section, and I can't find the dash diagnostic article anymore. Anybody have a copy or link they could share with me?

I gave my copy away to another fella at the wagga afd one time, and now need to use it again lol.

Cheers.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this always works for me... in fact i used it about 2 hours ago to check when my air con compressor kicks in... heh..

i do this while looking at the second hand on my watch.. as it needs to be pretty accurate in the timing.....

start a count of 1 an push the trip meter button in for 1 second.. ie.. let go when you count 2.. on at 3.. off at 4.. on at 5... off at 6.. on at 7... off at 8... on at 9.... off at 10.. after 10 start the count from 1 again ie. instead of 11.. count 1, 2,3,4,.. when you count 5 press and hold the trip meter button as you count 5 for a count to 7.. so after you count 5 and press the button.. restart the count from 1,2,3,4,5,6 and let go as you count 7... again.. restart from 1,2,3,4, and press again as you say 5... and again start from 1,2,3,4,5,6 and let go at 7... this should put the dash into diagnostics mode.. the display may be blank.. just hit the trip meter button to cycle thru screens...
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_falcon
How you all going.
Just tried out the diagnostics for you dashboard but I can't get them to work. I have a Series II Falcon Forte and I have another Instrument cluster also from another car and tried that out too but cant seem to get any of them working. I am guessing I have the timing wrong. If someone knows of a video that they could post up on Youtube or something to help out, or a bit more of a description on what happens when you know it is in diagnostic mode would be much appreciated. PS: I have seen the diagnostics working on a series 2 forte so no my car is not incompatable.

Have a look here and if you get into diagnostic mode, this will tell you what you can get and what it all relates to. It's a very comprehensive post.

Good luck..

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...iagnostic+mode
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: AU Falcon Dash diagnostics

Now that's what I call a thread mine,

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post