Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Default The AU Falcon projector headlights...

For those who can remember, on the other forums there was a lot of talk about the projector style headlights for the AU. I was not all that impressed with the ones that were released a while back now, and was looking forward to hearing from Casper regarding the company that contacted him saying that they were working on a projector style headlight for AU's (non XR) aswell.

Casper did not want to let the cat out of the bag early. I knew who they were, and now I think it's safe to say that the company was Ozeparts. If you, like me have been looking forward to see what they'd come up with, you will be very disappointed. Have a look at the home page of www.ozeparts.com.au. It's the SAME "projector" headlights that have been out for a while now. Oh well, guess it's back to square one. Why can't someone do headlights similar to the one's that were on the 300+ AU Coupe? Surely they'd sell much more than the ones available now?
:

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
For those who can remember, on the other forums there was a lot of talk about the projector style headlights for the AU. I was not all that impressed with the ones that were released a while back now, and was looking forward to hearing from Casper regarding the company that contacted him saying that they were working on a projector style headlight for AU's (non XR) aswell.

Casper did not want to let the cat out of the bag early. I knew who they were, and now I think it's safe to say that the company was Ozeparts. If you, like me have been looking forward to see what they'd come up with, you will be very disappointed. Have a look at the home page of www.ozeparts.com.au. It's the SAME "projector" headlights that have been out for a while now. Oh well, guess it's back to square one. Why can't someone do headlights similar to the one's that were on the 300+ AU Coupe? Surely they'd sell much more than the ones available now?
:
Yes, it was then and yes, I was disappointed. So much so i didnt even bother posting about it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 07:08 PM   #3
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

I remember that thread. I remember one minute I liked them and the next minute I didn't lol. They're exactly the same. I thought Ozeparts were coming out with something different.

And I'm sure I've seen the same type on eBay for alot less. $380 a pair at Ozeparts?!?!
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #4
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

There were two sorts of lights in the 300+ one looked great the other looked a bit like those ones just with a black background, If I remember correctly.......

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 10:33 PM   #5
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Same idea

I have been watching ebay re the lights.There seems to be 3 regular sellers with the same lights.

It seems crazy that you can chrome and black for tail lights but only the dual grey/chrome for the front.

I like the look of the 300.

Uncle_Ken
:
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 10:43 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Even my missus reckons that the surround needs to be black. If they did that, they'd sell a heap more. And If I bought them (which I won't, but if i did), then that would be the first thing I'd do - into the oven, rip the bezel off and paint that sucker black.
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 30-01-2005 at 10:47 PM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 11:06 PM   #7
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Black is the way to go I reckon.
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 11:22 PM   #8
Twisted
Contributing Member

Oh my god that is so disappoingting!

There was a Galaxy AU next to the AWC display at Albury that had the aftermarket lights with the insides colour coded and they definately looked a shiteload better than wit them chrome!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post