Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
DynamicsMUFC
Starter Motor

Default 2010 Fiesta Sedan Rear Lights Query

Hi people, New member here with a question regarding my 2010 LX WT Fiesta Sedan. I am trying to figure out what the 2 white triangular lights are in the pictures. I assumed that they are reverse lights but do not light up at all.

There is no information on the light in the manual that i received with the car.

Any help will be much appreciated.

DynamicsMUFC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: 2010 Fiesta Sedan Rear Lights Query

I have a later model but can't recall what the lights look like (it's my missus' car).

I'd be guessing but I reckon they're the rear-facing fog lights that you'd have if you had fog lights fitted. I don't think the LX came with these standard so they'd be blank in your car.

My Focus has one in the rear quarter that lights up when the fog lights are on...but it's red.

Late edit- I see you've got a fog light so it's got me stuffed. Looking at the workshop manual leaves me none the wiser.

Last edited by Ratmick; 10-08-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #3
DynamicsMUFC
Starter Motor

Yeah its got me stuffed as well. I called my local ford dealer and they were also stumped with what it's for.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:07 PM   #4
Pursya

Is there a globein there?
Hard to tell from the pics.
Maybe they are just reflectors?
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #5
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Actually my missus' is a 2011 but it's still a WT (TDCi Sedan).

I'm going out for a look.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #6
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Ok it's empty. There is a indent where a hole for a bulb could be but it's skinned over with the same chrome-plated plastic as the rest of the 'reflector'.

I'm guessing reverse lights for those jurisdictions where they don't like one on one side
Old 10-08-2015, 10:53 PM   #7
DynamicsMUFC
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
Ok it's empty. There is a indent where a hole for a bulb could be but it's skinned over with the same chrome-plated plastic as the rest of the 'reflector'.

I'm guessing reverse lights for those jurisdictions where they don't like one on one side
Thankyou so much for checking this out for me. I was thinking the same but when i went to check if there was a globe i ended up breaking multiple clips for the boot interior so i chickened out in looking further.

Once again thanks a lot for this info. I can now relax and stop thinking something is wrong

Last edited by DynamicsMUFC; 10-08-2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Typo