Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-07-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
Suh401
Starter Motor

Default Esc

Hi guys, I have a 2010 fiesta zetec I will be taking it out on a track for the first time in the next month.
I have been told the esc may cause issues on the day. Does any one know how to turn the esc off manually or a wiring diagram so I can install a switch to turn it on and off for track days. Thanks guys.
Suh401 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

Default Re: Esc

stability control switch on and .off .....no idea ..pull a fuse ?

fang it around the track till something happens ...that ...you cant explain

only info i can find..about a fiesta today is on this system TC
traction control cant be bypassed on a 2010 fiesta

bet some have tried
Old 04-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
Suh401
Starter Motor

I was contemplating pulling the fuse Ill give it a go.
Thank you for your help..
Old 05-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #4
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have pulled the fuse out on my ESC system in my WT. Some fault lights come up obviously, but it also shuts off the ABS (atleast i assume as that light came up also).
I also found my steering went into a really light setting, rather than its normal gain weight as you speed up setting.

The rest of the car worked as normal.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:33 PM   #5
Suh401
Starter Motor

Ok that's interesting, I'll just have to keep that In mind on the day that could be dangerous.
Old 17-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #6
mad axe
Starter Motor

on the ws zetec you can retro fit an esc off switch, the metal model has one. all you need is the same switch, connector is tucked up behind lower center consul panel, switch fits in card holder, just pull out panel find connector remove card holder fit switch panel in re install panel, 15 mins tops. plug n play.
mad axe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post