Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2016, 05:22 AM   #13471
BJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

http://www.motoring.com.au/ford-falc...-review-48666/

Whack one of these in an earlybird and watch it get up and boogy...
Old 26-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #13472
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I pulled up next to a mustang at the lights the other day, I just smiled, he might have the looks, but I've got that engine.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2016, 07:53 PM   #13473
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
I pulled up next to a mustang at the lights the other day, I just smiled, he might have the looks, but I've got the better engine.
Fixed
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #13474
jgs393

I guess it's inevitable that at some point in the future there will be more Mustangs on the road than Falcons.

And even before that happens I'm sure you will find people staring and pointing at your car saying things like 'wow...check that out...a Falcon', or 'look son...that car was actually built here in Australia'.

Stick with the Falcon mate. You can always get a Mustang later.
jgs393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #13475
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

G'day all...First up before I make this comment...I LOVE the FGX...I'd love to have one , one day...even if it was a more 'standard' earlier FGX...but as an FG XR 6 owner I have to say (bias admitted)...that I genuinely prefer the FG XR6 rear end look to the FGX XR6 and equally like the front end of the FG and FGX..Of course the FGX further development in other areas is better as you'd expect , so my opinion is on looks only. The black surround tail light cluster of the FG, I prefer to the narrow FGX style. In regard to the front end..the FGX LED running lights are a great improvement and safety feature but the FG's (to me anyway) more aggressive 'angry scowl' kind of offsets that a bit. Swings and roundabouts as they say..personal preference..FGX or FG...crying shame that neither model saw more built..They deserved lots more out there than there actually is that's for sure and certain as we'd all agree ..Cheers Rod...
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2016, 09:38 PM   #13476
zilo
BANNED

database crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crashdatabase crash
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2016, 12:00 AM   #13477
CQB-241
Car tragic

2 days of mixed emotions.
Sprint 8 arrived 5 weeks earlier than expected.
Correct NSC and SIDO (my car), just extremely early!
Mad rush to lock in best finance deal....waiting paid off.
Precipitous need to to sell the '15 XR8.......
......awful trade offer matched from all but 1 source.
Fortunate good luck From an unexpected source; they must have a buyer.
Sprint will be in the garage this coming week.
Ceramic Pro and tint the next week.
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2016, 05:15 PM   #13478
XR815

Today i took my FGX XR8 Manual to the all Ford day at Willowbank. I just love that car.. true muscle.
XR815 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 12:00 AM   #13479
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
I feel a hulking great shadow looming on the horizon?

Assuming bona fide question, answer: No!
Hi asagaai - the family and I spent last Fri/Sat night in Newie (lived there for many years, great to come back to decent beaches :-) ) and on Fri night, (30/12) I think I might have seen your Smoke FGX XR8 in town??
Almost put a note under the wiper blade, but that would have been creepy......especially if it wasn't yours!

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:09 PM   #13480
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

The tyres on this thing pick up about half the road before entering my driveway. I pick out tonnes of asphalt stones from the tread every time. Each time I drive off it sounds like I have snow chains on.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 01:46 PM   #13481
FGX008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
The tyres on this thing pick up about half the road before entering my driveway. I pick out tonnes of asphalt stones from the tread every time. Each time I drive off it sounds like I have snow chains on.
I know this sound well Professor. I cursed it when I first took delivery of my car last year knowing the type of stone damage that could/was being done to my cars paint work. In fact I think I posted a rant about on this forum.

However I am now finding there seems to be a tampering of the peppering of stone noise (and other picked up material) from under the guards as the tyres get some klms on the clock so to speak. Currently 1,630 klms on the clock.

Not sure if I hearing things or just tuning out because at the end of the day IMHV the car needs to driven and paint chips are an unavoidable outcome of life. One thing I have learnt with the Kinetic blue colour, is that it seems highlight the paint chips compared to my previous Smoke coloured FGX XR8 which did not seem to draw attention to them. Not sure how you find the Victory Gold for highlighting any marks or stone chips.

Cheers, Brent
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #13482
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

I've never cared about stone chips, I do a lot of hwy driving and it happens every time. The turbo got about another 20 from my recent Blue Mountains trip. The Mars Red highlights chips as the undercoat is a grey colour. The Victory has a similar undercoat from memory, possibly more white. Either way they both show chips quite badly.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 07:04 PM   #13483
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn View Post
Hi asagaai - the family and I spent last Fri/Sat night in Newie (lived there for many years, great to come back to decent beaches :-) ) and on Fri night, (30/12) I think I might have seen your Smoke FGX XR8 in town??
Almost put a note under the wiper blade, but that would have been creepy......especially if it wasn't yours!
Hey Bonn

If it was round Watt street would have been me, doing last minute office bas crap before heading to Queenstown NZ. No issues leaving note for catch up coffee and jabber about our cars.

In Queenstown now and saw a fgx xr8 parked smoke, with large GT spoiler and sticker pack on side. looked good but heavy traffic so could not stop for pictures.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2017, 12:41 AM   #13484
fps_grandma

Quote:
Thought carefully about a Boxster with steel top- but it was tiny when I looked over one carefully, the rear boot and front boot would hold very little of the stuff I pack. I liked the idea of a Cayman with manual and highest hp, but the lack of capacity killed that idea.

Horses for courses- Cayman is a great sports car- but does not have the versatility of the Falcon. That's what for me makes the Falcon great, mental power and engine, 4 doors for easy loading/unloading, cavernous rear boot.

Sure a little ponderous in corners-but a great compromised package that is slightly nutty.
I moved pretty much all my possessions bar furniture with just the Falcon. Can't imagine doing that in my friend's 370Z or someone's Boxster.
Save them for weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #13485
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Hey Bonn

If it was round Watt street would have been me, doing last minute office bas crap before heading to Queenstown NZ. No issues leaving note for catch up coffee and jabber about our cars.

In Queenstown now and saw a fgx xr8 parked smoke, with large GT spoiler and sticker pack on side. looked good but heavy traffic so could not stop for pictures.
Ha! I spotted the very same car as we were heading towards Christchurch.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #13486
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's your thoughts on the GT Wing, I looked at one the other day there's a pic of one on the spoiler shop website. Im unsure if I like the look of it on the FGX without the FPV kit. I think less is better on the back of the FGX for some reason.

Opticoat, Twin 3" Manta, Shockworks coilovers,
Twin BMC & KPM breathers.

Wishlist: 450rwkw's on 98.
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2017, 11:19 PM   #13487
Pilko FNQ

Hey FGX302.....there will be another black, manual XR8 cruising through Mackay next Tuesday. Finally getting mine out of storage tomorrow arvo and doing a run from Cairns to Brisbane and back. Took two weeks off just to go driving...lol.
Pilko FNQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2017, 01:33 AM   #13488
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilko FNQ View Post
Hey FGX302.....there will be another black, manual XR8 cruising through Mackay next Tuesday. Finally getting mine out of storage tomorrow arvo and doing a run from Cairns to Brisbane and back. Took two weeks off just to go driving...lol.
Hey Pilko, sounds good mate. I'll PM you. Mine hasn't been out of the cover since early December with work & Xmas (went away) and it hasn't really stopped raining here since we got back. Hopefully the sun pokes its head out by next wk lol

Old 06-01-2017, 02:13 AM   #13489
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-302 View Post
What's your thoughts on the GT Wing, I looked at one the other day there's a pic of one on the spoiler shop website. Im unsure if I like the look of it on the FGX without the FPV kit. I think less is better on the back of the FGX for some reason.

Ultimately that was our conclusion too, so much so that we deleted the centre leg off the spoiler (after already drilling the holes for it in the boot of course) just to clean up the look- something the aftermarket joints seem to have replicated.

2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #13490
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-302 View Post
I think it's the thinner tail lights on the FG-X, which makes the bum look like it's sitting higher up than the FG's.

This is probably the reason why Ford lowered the height of the XR spoiler for the FG-X.

Agree a GT-style spoiler also really only works with other GT-style bodykit parts too.
There is the potential for the car to look 'unbalanced' if it has a large wing at the back, but a standard XR front bar.
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #13491
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey Bonn

Yeah, it was Watt St - we stayed at the Novotel. Took the 530i Touring Wagon - paranoid about the FG getting parking dents :-)
Thanks - coffee is essential, will let you know when i'm back there - still building a supercharged XJS in the 'Hunner'.....
Enjoy....

Last edited by Bonn; 06-01-2017 at 10:38 AM. Reason: idealogically unsound typing
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2017, 11:11 AM   #13492
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50 View Post
Ultimately that was our conclusion too, so much so that we deleted the centre leg off the spoiler (after already drilling the holes for it in the boot of course) just to clean up the look- something the aftermarket joints seem to have replicated.

Hey Jim, your car is a work of art mate and I would love nothing more than to make my FGX look like that at the back!

Only problem I'm having is the cost and someone capable of doing a good job where I am, my next lot of updrades will be performance based though and that alone is still being processed by the accountant (missus) which may take 12 months or more lol

I think if I am to change the rear it will probly end up with either the sprint boot lip or spoiler delete. It's not like I'm dead set on changing it anyway, I quite like the one it's got I think it suits the FGX well. It's no GTF muscle kit but nor was it meant to be. I'm a big fan of the GTF though, arguably the best looking factory falcon to be produced in this great country of ours.

2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #13493
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had some time to burn in town recently, and looked over some of the FGX... think I fell in love with the kinetic auto XR6. Yes, I know, rather pedestrian. I loved the seat, driving position and lower set steering wheel - you know, the setup that cops all the flak in the reviews. Must have skinny legs... The dashboard seems to shrink around you, making the car feel smaller than it is (much like AU). And not driving an FG since 2009, it all felt fresh to me! The blackout tyres look mint. And opening the bonnet and seeing that big I6 - like seeing an old friend again.

Anyone have any experience with these XR6s in auto? How do the lower rolling resistance tyres compare to the FG2? How would you rate cloth interior compared to FG2, 50th Anniversary FG (that looks fantastic)?
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2021, 04:14 PM   #13494
mr_xlr8
GT-P Whitey

Anybody know anything on FGX SPRINT (FGX-267) from QLD? It's on car sales now and I'm keen on it.

Current ride:
FG MKI 5.0L S/C 6SP Auto = 9.5/10

Previous Rides:
FG MKII GT-P 5.0L S/C 6SP MANUAL = 9/10
AU III 5 SPEED BLUEPRINT XR8 220KW= 8/10
BA XR8 BOSS 260 BLUEPRINT = 3/10
EB FAIRMONT WINDSOR 302 BURGUNDY = 6/10
mr_xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2024, 12:58 AM   #13495
ArchonXR6
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
I want an xr8 in the above brown colour

If I go into ford with 65 grand will they build me one ?
There is one - and only one - FG XR6 sedan that was painted Archon Bronze by Ford at Broadmeadows. It is a 2012 model and was used as a paint evaluation car when the colour was developed. The studio decided not to offer Archon Bronze on the XR range after seeing it and so it is the only Archon Bronze XR sedan in existence. I do have photos if you would like to see it.
ArchonXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: