Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
micka_m
Starter Motor

Default 09 fiesta mp3 playing problems

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. I have used this site many times for info on things for my 03 5sp xr6 (handbrake fix, stereo install, exhaust etc.) I am posting today because I have searched for and can't find the answer to my problem.

My question today is regarding my wifes 09 fiesta. It is due for it's 2 year, 30,000 km service and when I take it in I will be bringing to ford's attention the fact that the stereo skips when playing mp3 cd's. I have tried the cd's on my xrs stereo, my house stereos and my house computers and they work fine. Everytime I burn an mp3 cd some of the albums (when I burn the cd each folder is a different album) are unlistenable due to the amount of skips in songs. It appears to be less of a problem if there aren't as many albums on the disc.

Does anyone else have, or had this problem? If so has anything been done to resolve the problem? The stereo is the base 4 speaker, no blutooth, no usb model. Has the aux input though.

And lastly while i'm at it, any rough ideas at the approx price we will be looking at for this service?

Thanks in advance,
Micka

micka_m is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #2
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 09 fiesta mp3 playing problems

I have used burnt mp3 cd's a couple of times to make sure it worked, but have the usb port and havent used a cd since. Have you tried making an mp3 cd from another computer?

There are a fair few service threads here on FF for the WS fiestas now. But it seems to be a huge range. Its usually $150-350 from memory.

Its a good idea to get a quote from other dealers to keep yours honest though.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
micka_m
Starter Motor

Yeah tried from a number of different computers, and as i said the cd's that won't work in my wifes car seem to work everywhere else.
micka_m is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
paulo7

Hi,
I had this problem in my 08 Focus, and I think the answer has something to do with copyright. I noticed that if I put in an original cd it worked fine but if i ripped something it didn't play.
You might try that too?
Or maybe a Ford employee can confirm?

cheers
paulo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post