Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-06-2015, 07:25 PM   #1981
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

The pace at which we upgrade infrastructure. ie roads!

I've been driving from Sydney to Orange on / off for 15 years and they have been farting around building a dual carriage way from the M4 to Lithgow and are no dam closer to completing it now than they were 10 years ago.

Going north no different been building for 30 years, frigging around at Balina for 6 or 7 years...

By the time they finish it will need three lane and it all starts again.

Funny how the managed to get one built between Sydney and Canberra pretty dam quick..
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-06-2015, 10:39 PM   #1982
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Buying 3 things from Coles and getting 2 foot of receipt....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2015, 09:46 PM   #1983
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, there's 67 pages of "Geez I Hate That" posts so this is probably in here somewhere. Anyways, here's my add:

I hate those plastic clamshell packaging things that take forever to remove let alone risk cutting off or slicing my finger open with a corner while I use scissors!! UGH I hate those things!

All I wanted to do was open up an external hard drive that I bought at an electronics store and I spent so much time trying to cut into the thick paper and into the plastic clamshell I wanted to just give up!

I realize it's to deter shoppers from opening it up and stealing it but, seriously? I pay for it and can't open it at home! Grrr...........
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2015, 11:40 PM   #1984
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And what's more with those is that if you find you have made a mistake and you try to return them after you have opened the package and the dopey salesman says that you can't return them because the package is opened!!!!!

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2015, 12:19 AM   #1985
dirtyclevo

sitting in your patio late at night and being gifted the opportunity to listen to your obese feral neighbours farting like a engine brake on a dump truck.

trying to hold in the laughter is hard!
dirtyclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2015, 01:06 AM   #1986
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have neighbors who smoke like trains and then complain when I light up my BBQ and the smoke drifts their way!!! Wouldn't the world be great if you didn't have them???

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2015, 03:09 PM   #1987
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who park diagonally in shopping centre car parks. It takes all of 2 minutes to back out again and straighten up as you drive in.
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2015, 06:13 PM   #1988
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
I hope your cute little fur babies are ok now. Take care.

I had a curly long haired guinea pig before.....cute one too!
Thanks, unfortunately Pringle passed a few days after her major surgery. I lost her original cage mate at the start of the year as well. She was hitting 4 and I knew the risks about the surgery (unfortunately it was necessary), everyone is miffed as she was doing really well for quite a few days. It was likely an underlying pneumonia virus (pretty common) or heart problem (also pretty common), and we had a REALLY cold day which I think just added to the stress.
Willow (her new friend), got super depressed and had to go back to the rescue (she'd had the same surgery) for some monitoring, came back with a new friend. Who's almost identical to Pringle.

So ups and downs!

Obligatory pics

Pringle

Pebble and Willow:

As you might notice, Pringle and Pebble are super similar!
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #1989
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Oh, and today's Geez I hate that? People who let their dogs crap on your front lawn.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #1990
TRAU BLAU

Cop/Traffic Controllers with speed trap then camera speed- fine for going just over 40 suddenly from 100/80/60/40kph.Plenty of signs & barriers & no work being done early in the morning going to work.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #1991
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez i hate that .......recurring nasty potholes **** me off something ..... gaaahhhh
, a road i frequent once or twice a week right in a busy part of suburbia/preston where traffic usually has me at full concentration watching out for the other driving dudes ,
i hit the same nasty pot hole every week(bang) which is bloody annoying, because i usually treat my limos very well in especially in the suspension department , going gently over speed humps ,etc, (rocking 14 year old ball joints baby and still holding).
its not bad bad, but its bad enough every time i hit it im thinking thats is shortening the life of my bloody suspension.

i have been threatening for some time now to buy some high visibility yellow marking paint and making a visit to road in the night time marking it out so the council see the bloody thing,
they either dont use that part of the road/dont give a stuff/or have company cars...... because they dont do anything about it ...... maybe im being a bit precious, but we are told we have to keep our cars road worthy..... .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2015, 07:13 PM   #1992
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Geez i hate that .......recurring nasty potholes **** me off something ..... gaaahhhh

, a road i frequent once or twice a week right in a busy part of suburbia/preston where traffic usually has me at full concentration watching out for the other driving dudes ,

i hit the same nasty pot hole every week(bang) which is bloody annoying, because i usually treat my limos very well in especially in the suspension department , going gently over speed humps ,etc, (rocking 14 year old ball joints baby and still holding).

its not bad bad, but its bad enough every time i hit it im thinking thats is shortening the life of my bloody suspension.

i have been threatening for some time now to buy some high visibility yellow marking paint and making a visit to road in the night time marking it out so the council see the bloody thing,

they either dont use that part of the road/dont give a stuff/or have company cars...... because they dont do anything about it ...... maybe im being a bit precious, but we are told we have to keep our cars road worthy..... .

Plant a tree in it. Pretty sure it will get attended to pretty quickly.
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2015, 11:56 PM   #1993
dirtyclevo

I didnt know this not sure if anyone else does,

But those speed camera vans, are actually occupied.

they'll sit in the one spot for 4 hrs and the coppers gotta sit in their the whole time and watch the screen, as they are automated.

I know this because i was working on one the other day and the copper said to me he's sure some police have dozed off or even ****ed off in one once and a while to pass the time.

I didnt know what to think, as he was the one picking it up.
dirtyclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2015, 07:33 AM   #1994
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post

Mate the council is to busy dropping the speed limits everywhere! What part of preston? Or what road rather

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #1995
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyclevo View Post
I didnt know this not sure if anyone else does,

But those speed camera vans, are actually occupied.

they'll sit in the one spot for 4 hrs and the coppers gotta sit in their the whole time and watch the screen, as they are automated.

I know this because i was working on one the other day and the copper said to me he's sure some police have dozed off or even ****ed off in one once and a while to pass the time.

I didnt know what to think, as he was the one picking it up.
Which is why I give them a friendly wake up toot when I drive past ;)

Old 12-06-2015, 12:43 PM   #1996
TRAU BLAU

It was a previous accident scene that was being investigated which is why the traffic controllers must have been cops.The 1st one holding the speed gun(hidden by his 2 hands)& the 2nd one a few hundred metres further got the message to take a photo.They seem to be getting sneakier!I can only blame myself but the 4WD up me a*** didn't help.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #1997
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Thumbs up Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
Ok, there's 67 pages of "Geez I Hate That" posts so this is probably in here somewhere. Anyways, here's my add:

I hate those plastic clamshell packaging things that take forever to remove let alone risk cutting off or slicing my finger open with a corner while I use scissors!! UGH I hate those things!

All I wanted to do was open up an external hard drive that I bought at an electronics store and I spent so much time trying to cut into the thick paper and into the plastic clamshell I wanted to just give up!

I realize it's to deter shoppers from opening it up and stealing it but, seriously? I pay for it and can't open it at home! Grrr...........
Don't laugh - I use a can opener for those pesky packages, works fine for me:

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2015, 09:36 PM   #1998
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
Don't laugh - I use a can opener for those pesky packages, works fine for me:

Cheers!
A can opener to cut around the edges!! Brilliant!!
I will give it a try next time, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte
Thanks, unfortunately Pringle passed a few days after her major surgery. I lost her original cage mate at the start of the year as well. She was hitting 4 and I knew the risks about the surgery (unfortunately it was necessary), everyone is miffed as she was doing really well for quite a few days. It was likely an underlying pneumonia virus (pretty common) or heart problem (also pretty common), and we had a REALLY cold day which I think just added to the stress.
Willow (her new friend), got super depressed and had to go back to the rescue (she'd had the same surgery) for some monitoring, came back with a new friend. Who's almost identical to Pringle.

So ups and downs!

Obligatory pics

Pringle

Pebble and Willow:

As you might notice, Pringle and Pebble are super similar!
Awww I'm sorry to read about Pringle. I am glad you have Pebble and Willow to keep you company. They are cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte
Oh, and today's Geez I hate that? People who let their dogs crap on your front lawn.
OH yea, and cats too. Cat owners who let them do their business outside without caring where they do their business.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:42 PM   #1999
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drivers who can't drive on their side of the street. On a long street without the center line in the middle separating the 2 directions of traffic (1 lane ea), some drivers just can't figure out that they need to drive on their "half" of the street, especially when a car (mine) is approaching them. And oddly enough once I get further down this street and the center line is painted, drivers can somehow manage to stay on their half of the street.

What's so difficult about imagining there's a center line dividing the street so you stay on your side? sheesh.
Old 14-06-2015, 07:14 AM   #2000
Lunch
Wait, what?

Having OCD, when filling up my car and getting to 59.9 ltrs and $100.00
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2015, 10:14 AM   #2001
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was sleeping / dreaming - I was being robbed in my dream. Woke up to hear the sliding security door close. Jumped up, heart pounding no one there and nothing missing.

Tracked the sound down to my new bird (Cockatiel) Frankie - rearranging the furniture in its cage, then lifting and dropping the cage door to wake me.

Sundays are for rest Bird - GIHT

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2015, 04:05 PM   #2002
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I ran a Bunnings BBQ yesterday and always buy a snag when I go to support whatever cause there is.

Today... buy a snag and out of the tomato sauce comes barbecue... and I hate barbecue sauce.

Guy next to me gets chilli out of his tomato sauce bottle.

Apparently, writing the differening contents on the label in pen 5 mm high is sufficient to warn people....

Bloody amateurs...

last week one place was using sliced bread.. The paperwork states this is strictly forbidden and I won't buy from them...

Old 02-07-2015, 03:39 PM   #2003
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Having OCD, when filling up my car and getting to 59.9 ltrs and $100.00
Sometimes its not too bad

Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #2004
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I ran a Bunnings BBQ yesterday and always buy a snag when I go to support whatever cause there is.
last week one place was using sliced bread.. The paperwork states this is strictly forbidden and I won't buy from them...

I support the snag sizzle whenever I can as well, one question for you, why is sliced bread a no no, that's all I ever see around here.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #2005
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
I support the snag sizzle whenever I can as well, one question for you, why is sliced bread a no no, that's all I ever see around here.
Always sliced bread here as well.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:04 PM   #2006
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Slices is ok if they quarter the sausage. Had one slap a full sausage between two slices of bread. Best around is the one at Artarmon on a Friday. Butcher snags and hotdog rolls
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2015, 09:45 PM   #2007
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Running another Bunnings BBQ this Saturday actually.

The official paperwork I get states clearly that sliced bread is not allowed.

Don't know if it's different depending on regions. When a booking doesn't show up the staff must run the BBQ.

This is the only time I have seen sliced bread being used as trying to arrange 600 rolls on the same day is impossible.

As for why? I guess so people get value for money. A roll sets me back 25c whereas a whole loaf of toast is around a dollar. Bunnings sets the prices as well and says what you can and can't sell.

Almost hit 10k in fundraising for the school trip overseas I'm organising. By the time we go it will cost about the same as the 2 night camps I organise lol.

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 02-07-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #2008
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Running another Bunnings BBQ this Saturday actually.

The official paperwork I get states clearly that sliced bread is not allowed.

Don't know if it's different depending on regions. When a booking doesn't show up the staff must run the BBQ.

This is the only time I have seen sliced bread being used as trying to arrange 600 rolls on the same day is impossible.

Almost hit 10k in fundraising for the school trip overseas I'm organising. By the time we go it will cost about the same as the 2 night camps I organise lol.
what bunnings?
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2015, 10:08 PM   #2009
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Rockdale ;-)

Old 03-07-2015, 12:12 AM   #2010
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Slices is ok if they quarter the sausage. Had one slap a full sausage between two slices of bread. Best around is the one at Artarmon on a Friday. Butcher snags and hotdog rolls
A screen shot from my most recent confirmation email:

Been doing them for about 5 years now - this will be number 12 or 13 I guess.

I used to get the snags in bulk from a butcher, great quality and great taste but when I got 60 kg of snags the qty ranged from anywhere between 500 and 600 - depending on who was making them on the day and at what settings. Not good when you have to match the snags with rolls and any discrepancy is generally waste.

Then, they were collected in big white foam boxes all twisted together in large bundles. Hard to store and hard to handle.

The BEST discount snag is actually the Aldi ones. 24 for $6.89 and they actually taste pretty good. Have had as much praise for the Aldi ones as I used to get for the butcher ones. They are cost effective, easy to store, easy to handle and you know exactly how many you have when ordering rolls.

The Woolies 24 pack is pure evil and are to be avoided at all costs. If I rated the Aldi ones as a 7/10 the Woolies ones would be a very generous 3.

Anyway... got to slice the 20kg of onions tomorrow... yay for me lol.

Have 5 BBQ's booked over these school holidays actually (1 Bunnings, 4 Woolies)- and I thought teachers work Mon-Fri from 9-3 apparently!

2 users like this post: