Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-04-2024, 11:00 PM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: GMC Yukon for Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Rubbish Franco, we have a 2023.25 Ford Escape Vignale with an Ecoboost Engine, and it is brilliant. It has amazing power and economy.
You just agreed with what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
We're predominantly a diesel SUV market but one wonders if it's because the unleaded options sans Ford Ecoboost in SUVs have always been trash naturally aspirated 4 cylinder junk vs turbo diesel.

Wonder if they'll gamble with the 6.2L V8 and offer it to us as well as the diesel.

**** I hate naturally aspirated 4 cylinder junk, should have died 15+ years ago. Especially in heavy vehicles like SUVs or 'sports cars' like the MX5 and BRZ/86 - right joke those things are naturally aspirated, 'sports' car my Equus africanus asinus.
That's basically a fancy way of saying 'excluding/without' Ford Ecoboost using a word thats circa 700 years old

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 27-04-2024 at 11:11 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2024, 10:52 AM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
It begins. The success of the US pick up conversions here has led to their wagon body cousins getting the same treatment. Ready for some moar Americana on our roads?

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...stralian-roads

We already have the smaller size Grand Cherokee imported in RHD by Jeep, but the Yukon is that size bigger. It's based on the same GMT T1XX platform as the Silverado.

I know some of you hanker for those old Suburbans...

What could this lead to? Imagine Ford imports the Explorer to compete with the Grand Cherokee (would be very interested in this!) and then similarly brings the Expedition to convert alongside the F150... imagine!

Those inner city Melbourne councils will be going ape at this news.
On topic,
The Yukon is an extension of the already in place Silverado RHD engineering and conversion program.
With relatively low numbers governed by customer demand, it’s pretty much a cottage industry.

I don’t know how much volume this will add to Walkinshaw but most likely feeling the presence
of F150 in the market and looking to a large SUV as a way of offering something different to the
competition, Toyota may have opened the door with the Luke warm response to the new Landcruiser
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #33
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
On topic,
The Yukon is an extension of the already in place Silverado RHD engineering and conversion program.
With relatively low numbers governed by customer demand, it’s pretty much a cottage industry.

I don’t know how much volume this will add to Walkinshaw but most likely feeling the presence
of F150 in the market and looking to a large SUV as a way of offering something different to the
competition, Toyota may have opened the door with the Luke warm response to the new Landcruiser
So 300 series not going too well?