Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2021, 05:00 PM   #151
leesa

Default Re: You Don't own MY Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Who cares. Everyone has an opinion, if he hasn't had luck in relationships then he has a right to be jaded.

Just like you are. Who hurt you?
The men in this thread who decided they're not going to treat others with respect or kindness because they don't agree with someone's gender, I suppose. Why do you let blatantly offensive comments run unchecked rather than call it out for what it is? And when I try to call it out as not okay, why is it me that you think is the problem? There is so much discrimination towards minorities and general disrespect on this forum and I think I've seen you call out..... none of it. Why is that?

Old 14-09-2021, 05:08 PM   #152
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everyone's experience with marriage is different - but I know that to make a marriage work, each party has to have a bit of "give & take" & above all, respect for their partner.
I've been happily married for 37 years. Yes there have been times when we could strangle each other - but you learn put up with some things & get along. We knew each other for about 5 years before getting married - so maybe that helped. Under no circumstances would either of us put up with physical or emotional abuse & we have educated our 3 (now adult) children that that type of behaviour is not acceptable under any circumstance.
Old 14-09-2021, 05:20 PM   #153
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
The men in this thread who decided they're not going to treat others with respect or kindness because they don't agree with someone's gender, I suppose. Why do you let blatantly offensive comments run unchecked rather than call it out for what it is? And when I try to call it out as not okay, why is it me that you think is the problem? There is so much discrimination towards minorities and general disrespect on this forum and I think I've seen you call out..... none of it. Why is that?
oh god gender studies graduate are we..

every body is an a hole on a computer, or are they just exercising their free speech?

discourse comes with objectivity and differing opinions..
trying to silence people using shaming tactics, labels or some sort of phob, ist, ism won't work with 90% of the population..
5 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2021, 05:26 PM   #154
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
Everyone's experience with marriage is different - but I know that to make a marriage work, each party has to have a bit of "give & take" & above all, respect for their partner.
I've been happily married for 37 years. Yes there have been times when we could strangle each other - but you learn put up with some things & get along. We knew each other for about 5 years before getting married - so maybe that helped. Under no circumstances would either of us put up with physical or emotional abuse & we have educated our 3 (now adult) children that that type of behaviour is not acceptable under any circumstance.
^^^ Well Said..
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #155
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
For those of you with wives.. not necessarily limited to the people quoted above.. what do you say to slowsnake's belief that there's no such thing as a happy marriage?

Or unhappy marriage!......why cut my quote in half

It's a marriage, neither overly happy or unhappy, it's just a couple who decide to give marriage a go, when you get married you are a separate entity to the birth families, its a new beginning for 2 beginners, that's why you get engaged or live together, that is to see if you really are compatible or not, if not, and that's not " the one " try again later!.....

You have got a weird head Leesa, you attract weird partners......

Cheers Billy
This user likes this post:
Old 14-09-2021, 05:55 PM   #156
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Or unhappy marriage!......why cut my quote in half

It's a marriage, neither overly happy or unhappy, it's just a couple who decide to give marriage a go, when you get married you are a separate entity to the birth families, its a new beginning for 2 beginners, that's why you get engaged or live together, that is to see if you really are compatible or not, if not, and that's not " the one " try again later!.....

You have got a weird head Leesa, you attract weird partners......

Cheers Billy
What you described as marriage is dysfunctional, slowsnake. It sounds more like codependency and if that's what you're looking for in a marriage, I can only suggest you should aim higher because it sounds like a miserable existence for both parties.

Old 14-09-2021, 06:44 PM   #157
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Thread closed.

I have many opinions as well, but I tend not to share them in a public domain.
Old 15-09-2021, 10:01 AM   #158
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
This post is the reason the thread has been closed - it's actually a very good example of what is wrong with much of the world today.

Allowing moderated free speech is what we are required to do under Australian law and while we don't agree with all the opinions (including the quoted one), we will defend the right of people to hold them as long as they do not breach those laws.

To single out 'the men in this thread' to cast aspersions on is not only a gross generalisation but also discriminatory ipso facto although I suspect that irony is probably lost.

Frankly, if you or anyone else doesn't like the way this forum is run then you know where the exit is and be warned that if you want to continue to take cheap shots at the hard-working volunteers who run this forum then you will be shown the door with no questions asked and no recourse, regardless of how you might feel that infringes your rights.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread