Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-02-2022, 12:26 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Aftermarket In-Car Monitors/Cameras

My likely applications are B-Series Falcon, but it’s a more general scoping-out.

I’m looking at monitors with DVR capability, up to four way split screen. Likely camera positions being to view towball, rear generally, cabin forward, and kerbside.

Using the little reverse camera from JB has told me that its screen (five inches) is a practical working minimum for single view, centre top of dash dash installation. So - I’m considering units with seven and nine inch screens.

There’s quite a lot of kits between $350 and $500; most seem to come from just one or two manufacturers and via suppliers often pretending to be in Australia.

I’m wondering if anyone active here, has played with devices in this category. Shortcomings would be interesting to hear of - whether lifespan, heat effects, image quality, recording issues, structure materials…
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-02-2022, 02:38 PM   #2
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Aftermarket In-Car Monitors/Cameras

ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-02-2022, 08:39 PM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

For some reason, that picture reminded me of The Valentines; cf: https://australianmusichistory.com/the-valentines/ Poor old Vince Lovegrove had a rough trot in life, post-stardom.

The kits with remote DVRs seem to have one SD per channel, so I presume that the cheaper integrated units with single SD just record what is output to screen. Can anyone advise if that’s the case?

There’s so much copy-and-paste in the advertisements; more accurate details are elusive and I lack confidence in the typical vendor’s ability to accurately correct obviously wrong data upon enquiry. Even the outside dimensions cited for the seven inch units, are mostly the same as for the nine inch units. All jokes aside about blokes not knowing what nine inches actually looks like, it can’t be the case here - something is in error.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2022, 11:30 PM   #4
slowsnake
Banned

The prodigal son returns.........
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post