Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #151
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Thanks very much Dauphin, sounds about right what you said, I'll be more careful next time.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #152
Sapper
Back to the AU

What about a place where you can post up cruise/event times and locations and maybe a system where you can sign up to them? I know there's an events sections but it seems idle at the moment and I've got no idea what the go with it is.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #153
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot xr6
What about a place where you can post up cruise times and locations and maybe a system where you can sign up to them?
That sounds great. I have plans to add an events / calendar style system that lists each month / days in a calendar display and admin is able to add events. A join / register system is an excellent idea.

But I can make it so that members can post their own events as well.

Do you think it would have any issues with "big brother" if we did that for general cruises?

Andrew.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #154
Sapper
Back to the AU

I can't see why it would be an issue. AUFalcon.com already has its own gallery, tech section, blog and build sections (which parallel features from AFF) so one extra feature wouldn't hurt.
Quick question though, how many hits is AUFalcon.com getting daily?
Old 08-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #155
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I have no issue with members posting their own events so long as admin has the ability to edit, delete anything that may be deemed illegal or detrimental to the site.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #156
The Monty
Just slidin'

Casper, when I click on the vids, like of the Minge and stuff, all I get is a seperate window with script. What am I doing wrong?
Old 13-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #157
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Casper, when I click on the vids, like of the Minge and stuff, all I get is a seperate window with script. What am I doing wrong?
I'd say you dont have the "plugins" on your web browser to support the video unfortunately. You need plugins.. lots of them LOL

Old 13-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #158
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
anything that may be deemed detrimental to the site.
what about peoples driving :P

with the stickers on peoples cars, its pretty easy to trace back...

i tagged along with some guys doing some naughty things from "house of commodores" one arvo on the way home from work... sort of pulled onto the road in the middle of their little group/cruise...

so when i got home i looked house of commodores up and found the guys that were driving on the forums hahah its actually quite scary :|
Old 13-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #159
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
what about peoples driving :P

with the stickers on peoples cars, its pretty easy to trace back...

i tagged along with some guys doing some naughty things from "house of commodores" one arvo on the way home from work... sort of pulled onto the road in the middle of their little group/cruise...

so when i got home i looked house of commodores up and found the guys that were driving on the forums hahah its actually quite scary :|
If someone is seen (and proven) to be driving like a tosser.. they can expect to no longer have a car on the site.. simple as that. Its been done before.

Old 13-12-2006, 08:31 PM   #160
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
If someone is seen (and proven) to be driving like a tosser.. they can expect to no longer have a car on the site.. simple as that. Its been done before.
fair enough.
Old 14-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #161
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Finally have spent the time to upload information and pics.
Will get around to uploading more pics from home later as I have a limited amount of pics here at work.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #162
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I'm having an issue with changing my pictures. Every time I try to change one it keeps on bringing up a picture that is already there (not the one I am trying to upload), I've tried deleting the pic then uploading the different one but it keeps on bringing the same old pic up.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #163
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR8220
I'm having an issue with changing my pictures. Every time I try to change one it keeps on bringing up a picture that is already there (not the one I am trying to upload), I've tried deleting the pic then uploading the different one but it keeps on bringing the same old pic up.
Press F5 to refresh your cache. Thats whats doing it.. your computer thinks it already knows what is meant to be there.

Old 14-12-2006, 11:40 PM   #164
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Press F5 to refresh your cache. Thats whats doing it.. your computer thinks it already knows what is meant to be there.
Thanks Casper, all good now.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2006, 12:27 AM   #165
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shameless self-plug of my aufalcon.com section;

http://www.aufalcon.com/clontarf_x

That is all

- Shane

On another note, can we upload more than 8 photos? I wanna include some of my rice without losing what I have there already :voldar02:
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2006, 09:16 AM   #166
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

quick question ... is there a way of uploading photos from a hosting site ... instead of uploading from PC???
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #167
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
On another note, can we upload more than 8 photos? I wanna include some of my rice without losing what I have there already :voldar02:
It is currently set to 10 photos to match the layout of the site - 5 per row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
quick question ... is there a way of uploading photos from a hosting site ... instead of uploading from PC???
Not at this time and if it had this feature then people could possibly use pictures that are too wide for the site layout or too small and I'd have to add programming to resize the image in the browser and you end up with distortion or pixel clipping.

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 16-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #168
Dauphin
Irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR8220
Thanks Casper, all good now.
You might want to go into your browser options and change the settings for your cache or "temporary internet files" so that it checks for updated material on sites every time. By default, it tries to guess what should be there.

Old 16-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #169
xr8ute
Back on the road

Kudos to whoever put this site together.....it really is very good.

Two quick questions;

1. I've added my best timeslip for my car, but it does not appear on the timeslips page....is there something else I need to do?

2. I like the look of the blog section, but it is possible to attach images to blog posts?

Keep up the good work

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #170
Dauphin
Irregular member

Your timeslip record didn't have a related car. Did you add the timeslip before adding your car?

Blog photos - maybe in the future.

Old 16-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #171
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Your timeslip record didn't have a related car. Did you add the timeslip before adding your car?

Blog photos - maybe in the future.
Yeah, I think I must have. I can see its sorted now...cheers

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #172
Dauphin
Irregular member

Dear lovely members,

A little issue on the aufalcon.com site was discovered today. Some people were using the automatically-displayed create-account form to login when doing something that requires them to be a member and thus be logged-in (eg. rating a car and you're not logged in as a member).

I've added a note and a link to the login page to solve this problem but some accounts were duplicated as a result of people creating new accounts thinking they were only logging in.

I have deleted the duplicate accounts and left only the original account so you may need to check your account to see if everything's in order. Approx. 20 or so accounts were affected but I lost the list.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #173
Dauphin
Irregular member

From memory, some of the accounts contained words like:
- Blackers10
- XR6 Chic
- Mickmain
- pantera korn (heavy metal stuff)
- silvestri
- The Monty
- snork

Old 31-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #174
Dauphin
Irregular member

Hello AU fans,

A new feature was added the other day which allows you to post an event on the calendar. You can then attach yourself to the event. This is ideal for meets. After the event, you can attach it to a photo album (if one has been made for it).

To create an event, login as a member. Go to the new My Events option and click the "add new event" link. In there, select the time and date, enter the details and update it.

It will display on the calendar and the closest 5 will display on the home page on the left.

Regards,

Andrew.

Old 31-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #175
HLC
Audi S3

Awesome Dauphin!

also any chance that we can get "aufalcon.com" actually linking to the site, instead of AFF:P
Old 31-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #176
Dauphin
Irregular member

I think Russ is trying to work it out.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:09 AM   #177
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Im not sure if this has been mentioned, but Dauphin (you are the webmaster arent you?) can you look at doing something about the lack of wordwrap for the descriptions and the modification parts?

For an example of what i mean, check out HLC's car and look at how it stretches the whole site over because of the description text.

Other than that, great site!

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:22 PM   #178
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

There are ways around it... check out my own profile for example.
XR Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 12:28 AM   #179
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Yeah, i have gotten around it too, but that is not the point. When people dont sort it out, it makes the website look pretty sloppy.

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:10 AM   #180
Dauphin
Irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryzak260
Im not sure if this has been mentioned, but Dauphin (you are the webmaster arent you?) can you look at doing something about the lack of wordwrap for the descriptions and the modification parts?

For an example of what i mean, check out HLC's car and look at how it stretches the whole site over because of the description text.

Other than that, great site!
Could you post a screenshot? I can't see any problem from my end.

Also what browser and version do you use?