Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #376
cossy
Starter Motor

Red face Exhaust At Manifold

Help I have a s1 falcon 6 . The exhaust manifold is leaking at the head .Have i got a problem with the head or the two pice manifold ? Are the manifold known to warp ? I have change the gasket and it seamed to be ok but after two days it started leaking again . Any help would be good thanks cossy
cossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2007, 01:15 AM   #377
messanic
Starter Motor

i got the trans service done and a full flush just to be sure at work (a nissan dealership but there all the same) and apparently i caught it just in time. some of the coolant had made it into the box but because i didnt drive it it didnt cause any damage. ill have another service done in 10k just to be sure. and its getting the seperate trans cooler at the same time just to be sure!!!
messanic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #378
mailmann
Starter Motor

Replaced split header tank,79,000.k.About $50.00 from Ford.
Machined front rotors,81,000.k.About $300.00 with new pads!
Boot struts loosing pressure,on the 2 do list.
Replace leaking water pump.92,000.k.Under harrier warranty.
So that just about it i hope.I have had just about every 1 of the most common failures seen on this forum so it should be plain sailing for my AU from now on!LOL.
mailmann is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 01:31 AM   #379
daz_

Only owned it 2 weeks... AU2 XL

Windows hard to wind up - Use silicone spray and all good!
Using a little too much fuel for my liking - Going to check Oxy sensor / thermostat
daz_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #380
blacklabel

My 98 AU Futura -255,000km;

Faults:
Boot lid struts -gutless- gotta watch my head when I'm in the boot!
Rear windscreen rubbers -gone weird on bottom and shrunk away from window.
Dreaded rotor warping -only got 60,000km from last set,need those DBA's!
Console lid broken off hinge-TWICE!

Mechanical stuff like transmission problems are,I believe maintenance induced,not faults as such.Been there,done that with my tranny!
Engine is sweet,touch wood.
blacklabel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #381
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm having problems with my air con in my 98 Futura...

sometimes the fan won't turn on.. at all.. but if i turn off the car.. and back on.. sometime it works.. the longer i leave it off.. the more chance i have of it working...

also when i press the a/c button.. it doesn't stay on... as soon as ai take my finger off the button the light goes off and a/c disengages....but the a/c max button works fine... any idea on these faults??

also my brakes a sqeeky after i release the hand brake... i'll drive for a little while and they squeek and it eventually goes away.... any idea whats causing that?.. other then those things.. the car is running sweet and is very healthy for 230,000 km...
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #382
daz_

I'm going to update my list I think I missed a few things last time:

3 weeks of ownership

Heater not working right
Remote locking not working
Broken stereo control
Dodgy roof mounted brake light not installed very well = holes in roof and rust
Steering wheel slightly loose in centre
Plastic floor not lying flat
Windscreen not sealed properly!
Dodgy mounting brackets (broken tabs) internal panels
Someone soldered the electric connections onto the back of the map lights and I lost the springs when I had to pull it apart in order to get the roof out
Old 20-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #383
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

powersteering switch,the cars done 2300 000 k's and i'm about to put my 4th one in.
Old 20-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #384
CliffM
XR6 Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
I'm having problems with my air con in my 98 Futura...

sometimes the fan won't turn on.. at all.. but if i turn off the car.. and back on.. sometime it works.. the longer i leave it off.. the more chance i have of it working...

also when i press the a/c button.. it doesn't stay on... as soon as ai take my finger off the button the light goes off and a/c disengages....but the a/c max button works fine... any idea on these faults??

also my brakes a sqeeky after i release the hand brake... i'll drive for a little while and they squeek and it eventually goes away.... any idea whats causing that?.. other then those things.. the car is running sweet and is very healthy for 230,000 km...
brakes squeek because of dust build up behind the disc pads, if you can imagine little ball bearings of black dust causing the pad to float very slightly, this causes your squeek. Pulling your hand brake on must stir them up a bit, enough to get the pads loose.
CliffM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #385
tonyjako
Starter Motor

Default ABS activating under normal braking

I have an ABS problem. It activates for no reason as I am about to stop when I am pulling up at an intersection or lights.

PS. I am only new to this site and have no idea what I am doing.
tonyjako is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #386
daz_

Stop braking so hard?
Old 27-09-2007, 02:12 AM   #387
daz_

Some more additions after 6 weeks...

Seat needs a lot of work padding is buggered
Not starting very well when cold...
Old 27-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #388
peejayau99
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjako
I have an ABS problem. It activates for no reason as I am about to stop when I am pulling up at an intersection or lights.

PS. I am only new to this site and have no idea what I am doing.
Tony,

If your front struts are worn, your brakes will lock when going over bumps and corrugations, the wheels can bounce and lock while in the air.
peejayau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2007, 11:36 PM   #389
series1
Starter Motor

Hi everybody, you may of noticed that this is my first post but i am in need of some advice, quickly..........
i started to look through this thread but then realized that there are alot of pages and alot of posts, so i figured that i may as well just ask the question.
i have an AU XR6 series 1 with IRS. The diff shat itself at the normal 120000kms, the alternater at 145000 and just your general problems since then...........but now i have a weird problem that i am hoping is common and easy to fix.
i have been getting a sqeak from the left hand rear for the last few thousand k's and has gradually got worse. it took it to my mates workshop tonight and ripped the wheel off to find that centre large nut was loosish to the point where the disc was moving around on the bearing, i managed to do it up a bit but fu@k me it made it worse. now it almost feels like the cv joint is about to explode..........anybody else had this problem?
series1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #390
Arch
Starter Motor

Smile

undefined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
no, not a drama and you are right, it is a VERY common problem. I'd just not give any ideas to lurkers etc.
If its not mentioned, it may stop just one theft.

I have a rather intrusive alarm on mine specifically to deal with this sort of method however I'd rather not have to pay for the repairs.

Your ok, no dramas here, just want to keep that little issue away from the spotlight if possible.
Another way to prevent this from happening is to have your car converted to LPG. The LPG cylinder fills up the whole space thus preventing any entry. The only way through would be with an angle grinder and I'm sure if any 'would be' thief tried this they'd only do it once!

While what I say is tongue in cheek the downside of this is that you can't get in there either should you have to. I'll find some way around it.

All the best
Arch
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 12:13 AM   #391
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1
i have been getting a sqeak from the left hand rear for the last few thousand k's and has gradually got worse. it took it to my mates workshop tonight and ripped the wheel off to find that centre large nut was loosish to the point where the disc was moving around on the bearing, i managed to do it up a bit but fu@k me it made it worse. now it almost feels like the cv joint is about to explode..........anybody else had this problem?
i had that dw lol ... got it in my front left though ... ball joint will set you back a whole $60 :O
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #392
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
PROBLEM:
On AU Wagons I am led to believe that it is common for where the boot struts meet the frame of the car for a little bit of rust to form there. I know first hand as my car had rust there.

REMEDY:
Call the 13 something phone number and it will be fixed free under warrenty. The warrenty is for 5 years on corrosion. Even if you have a 3 year warrenty.
Is that 5 years from the build date, or date of initial purchase? Does that warranty pass over to second and/or third owners?
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2007, 03:50 AM   #393
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know if it's a common problem.

The single issue my mechanic could find with the August 2002 AUIII we're about to buy was the (I hope I get it right) crank case seal and harmonic balancer. There was an oil leak. The car has 156,000km on it, primarily highway driving.

Matt.
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #394
lohnro
lohnro

When using the aircon on my AU11 the fan only works intermittently on setting 1,2 &3. It works all the time on 4. If just using the fan without the aircon on it is OK.
Got me beat. Anyone got a similar problem.
lohnro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2007, 01:33 PM   #395
daz_

Hey guys guess what I've fixed all of the problems with my Falcon after a whole 2 months of ownership!

Traded it in and bought a Holden :

(Seriously though there was nothing major wrong with it... Just too much of a work ute for someone that didn't need a work ute)
Old 25-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #396
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz_
Hey guys guess what I've fixed all of the problems with my Falcon after a whole 2 months of ownership!

Traded it in and bought a Holden :

Now who's laughing : :
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #397
bct
Starter Motor

Hi everyone,

Have a 98 AU Fairmont and the little bugger wont start, not the battery fuel etc, but the dash showed this 'FAlr' once when I was trying to start it - anyone any ideas.

Cheers Brett
bct is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 12:05 AM   #398
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

quite possibly dead key thingo.. thinks it isnrt the right one for the car??or its in drive not park or n..
Old 05-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #399
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

I've got a problem with my climate control system in the Fairmont.

When its on the windscreen, it sometimes surges, or drops off when braking.
When you turn the fan speed down, it wont go any less than 6.
And when you push the off button, the fan keeps going.

Then when you turn off the car completely... Fans keep running.
Usually solved by flicking the ignition on and off.

I've tried pulling the unit out and checking over it, nothing appears odd.
Except when i put it back in the LCD screen is now very dark.

Any ideas guys ?

Thanks.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #400
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

UUU-986 2001 AU Series 3 Forte

9/6/07 - Purchased Vehicle - 184950 KMs
13/6/07 - Hole In Rear Muffler(Replaced with Redback Exhaust System STR210) - 185130KMs
2/10/07 - Diff Replaced (Second Hand) - Due to bearings - 188378kms
2/10/07 - Hose Power Steering High Pressure - Connection Was Leaking -188378kms (Covered under 3rd party Warranty)

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post