Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #1
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Albury/Wodonga area ?

Hi guy's I'm just after some local expertise knowledge of this area as I am looking to make the move with my family, this will be a huge move for us as we have been in Bendigo for all our lives.

The move is due to further a career move which is too good to refuse, the job is actually in Yackandandah but we are looking at the Albury/Wodonga area, and more so the sth/east side, I have found a few nice properties in Bonegilla that have our fancy.

But just seeking some local advice on the nice area's etc to live around or ones to avoid if possible.

Regards.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Albury/Wodonga area ?

People work in Yakandandah ?

Just kidding, I'll be working there myself next week. Nice little town, not keen on the Yak to Wodonga Rd though. Working in Wodonga in January.

Albury Wodonga is very nice, Wodonga reminds me of Canberra, the way it is laid out.

In Wodonga the areas behind the Latrobe university to the west are quite nice.
Did you every think of Barnawatha as an alternative.....? Beautiful back road commute from Barny to Yak up through Indigo valley Rd with nice country surrounds and still close to Wodonga.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
People work in Yakandandah ?

Just kidding, I'll be working there myself next week. Nice little town, not keen on the Yak to Wodonga Rd though. Working in Wodonga in January.

Albury Wodonga is very nice, Wodonga reminds me of Canberra, the way it is laid out.

In Wodonga the areas behind the Latrobe university to the west are quite nice.
Did you every think of Barnawatha as an alternative.....? Beautiful back road commute from Barny to Yak up through Indigo valley Rd with nice country surrounds and still close to Wodonga.
Lol...

I think that's the road that I mapped out as being the shortest/fastest, the one you mention that you're not keen on ?, I only just goggled which way is quickest as I've never been to Yackandandah.

As I will be traveling to and from every day with kids I sort of wanted to live as close to or that side of Albury/Wodonga as possible just to make the commute easier.

Nothing is locked in stone yet, my wife and I are just researching all possibilities foremost.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #4
roKWiz
Cabover nut

There is always Beechworth, 20km to Yak.
Cool in Summer cold in winter but a nice tourist town.

The Yak-Wodonga Rd seems to take forever (lots of hills and corners) to travel for some reason and has had some bad accidents over the years.
Kiewa is another nice town close by Bonegilla.

2 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #5
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Wink Re: Albury/Wodonga area ?

You meant to say: "Nah, they're all rubbish. Better to stay in Bendigo."
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #6
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Nah he's already from the country so its OK, I like Bendigo, actually there's not many Victoria towns I don't like.
I looked all the way along the Hume Hwy/NE Rail corridor myself rejecting towns without railway stations (Barnawatha was one, Glenrowan the other)
Depends on what you want but having a train is important to me.

This user likes this post: