Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Geez! I hate that!

go to enjoy a nice slice of freshly baked bread, aim to coat it with vegemite and butter ......the butter is so bloody hard that it rips the bread and turns an enjoyable childish pastime into an exercise in frustration.

go to watch a sunday night with sir David Attenborough only to find the outlaws have been invited to partake in a meal right at that time!

stupid waste of time post.....yep! I agree.......but it sure beats pummelling your gums about how bad the Ford is!

whack your grizzles in here and waste a bit of time with me!......never know, if you're not careful, you may just have some fun!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Grrrr. I just can't believe this. I parrallel parked in town last night. Had 2 beers at my watering hole. Headed back across the road to the car. Was somewhat distracted by a dressed up dude who stands outside a restaurant and also, sitting just up the way, a young back packer girl. Hopped in the ute, had to reverse back a couple of meters so as to make clearance to swing out into the road and backed straight into a hire car Camry.
For Pete's sake, totally did not even notice the Camry parked behind me. Total blank on it's presence. First I knew was the clang. Darn. Just a few dents on the bonnet and a cracked headlight, but here goes a few hard earned dollars. If bad, insurance will cover.
Thus ends my gripe. Could be worse, learnt from it, but damn.
Cheers Poppa. You can always get the D.A. dvd or find it on the Net.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Driving my R/C truck today, almost near the top of MT Rockmore, only to get stuck.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

One neighbouring house has either parties or domestics every friday and saturday nights and get away with it but I have three people over for a couple quiet ones on a Saturday arvo and get evils from all the other neighbours.

And they reported my dog to the council for barking, when he's usually barking at the party/domestic neighbours who have stirred him up in the past (so he now hates them).
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Ah, the old too hard marg / butter for ya vegemite sanga - now that does irritate me Poppa lol! Flat batteries for me lately- my AU, while cleaning out the bindys off the floor mats, i unknowingly bumped the light switch & 6 hours later flat battery

My jumpstarter, went to lend it out to old mate & thought better check the charge (full charge a week ago) wouldnt you know it, its flat! Let my Mrs know & she replies umm the kids were playing in there! Say no more ,

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Oh man... this could get interesting....

We have this person at work who insists that when we get take away in those little plastic containers that the only place to put the lid is to flip it around and put it under the container like a coaster...

So, when we get some curries, or salads or dips and the underside of the lid is nicely sloshed they don't fricken get that you then need to wipe the bloody bottom of the container should you want to put the leftovers in the fridge for later....

What else... you try to find a shop or company that actually has a real land line phone number, its great to offer a 1800 or 1300 number, but useless to anyone on the road that have an 'unlimited cap' mobile that does not include the premium numbers.

Nice truck DJM83, battery or petrol?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Lipo battery mate
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was following an XR6 Turbo with P plates this morning.
LH brake light wasn't working so I pull up beside him at a set of lights and say, "Gidday mate, your LH brake light isn't working."
I've done it before (I'm nice sometimes) but have never been given the finger and a F off as a reply. :(
LG17 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

People that can not pull up right behind others at red lights.. The lights will be red for ages then one moves up then the next then the next. If your back in the line you end up driving 10 metres 2 minutes after you've been stop. Every set of lights. Annoying when you in an old Manual or have a trailer load of gear for home reno's

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
creative
I am Batman

F#@% staff should just do their jobs...grrrrrrrrrr!

Ahhhhh, thats better.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #11
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh wow, I've got plenty of 'pet hates' to dish out but it will take me hours, so ill give my top 3 lol

1: For some reason I hate when people (people i dont know, neighbours visitors) park out the front of my house. It's perfectly legal and its not my property but it just grinds my gears!

2: I hate getting into cars that are full of rubbish. I hate that everytime you turn a corner all you can hear are empty bottles rolling and empty rappers crunchy. I understand its their car but doesn't the filth of half eaten foods in a confined space get to you at all?

3: My wife makes a tea then proceeds to put the used tea bag in the sink. Now 400mm away from the sink is the food waste bin... Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and throw it in there straight up!? Everytime i go to wash up I gotta throw out multiple tea bags... Probably no biggy to most but unfortunately does my head in!

Lol I feel a little better now
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #12
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

go to put the pants on in the morning only to find my knees wont bend........then its the old "dance around the bedroom with the leg stuck in the trouser leg" routine!

kids who drink half a can at parties then open another one!.....good job I love every one of them to bits....

dogs who leave their bones on the back mat right where I step out in bare feet!

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
2 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
I was following an XR6 Turbo with P plates this morning.
LH brake light wasn't working so I pull up beside him at a set of lights and say, "Gidday mate, your LH brake light isn't working."
I've done it before (I'm nice sometimes) but have never been given the finger and a F off as a reply. :(
That's sad. I'd like nothing better than a fellow driver point out a bad light or indicator, or any other fault. Hope that dude gets picked up asap and spanked hard.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
2 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Managers at work that are ******* ******* and don't know what they're doing. So they blame the younger people

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Grrrr. I just can't believe this. I parrallel parked in town last night. Had 2 beers at my watering hole. Headed back across the road to the car. Was somewhat distracted by a dressed up dude who stands outside a restaurant and also, sitting just up the way, a young back packer girl. Hopped in the ute, had to reverse back a couple of meters so as to make clearance to swing out into the road and backed straight into a hire car Camry.
For Pete's sake, totally did not even notice the Camry parked behind me. Total blank on it's presence. First I knew was the clang. Darn. Just a few dents on the bonnet and a cracked headlight, but here goes a few hard earned dollars. If bad, insurance will cover.
Thus ends my gripe. Could be worse, learnt from it, but damn.
Cheers Poppa. You can always get the D.A. dvd or find it on the Net.
Sorry for the big quote, but actually, it was big Nitro CC that distracted me. No wonder I didn't see the other car
Old 06-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

I hate that Nascar can't allow their cars to get wet. Stopped the race at 'Dega yesterday cause a Fairy with a half full bladder and little control flew past!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #17
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cant lick my elbow!
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #18
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last edited by usernametaken; 06-05-2013 at 06:20 PM.
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #19
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

It ****** me off that I took a job for less money to increase my chances of a full time job in the mines..only to find out once I've started I'm getting another pay cut and reduced hours.. Then find out the people at blackwater McDonald's are earning nearly as much as me! Now I don't know if I should stick it out or move on.. Like the job, hate the politics..

Also I bought a falcon because I thought hey would be reasonably cheap to do up.... WRONG! My jeep costs less and goes more places

Getting my post deleted without explanation, whilst other just as irrelevant posts have been left behind ;)

I annoy myself sometimes.
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #20
XHBrad

Drivers that drive along 80-90km/h in 100 zone in areas you're unable to pass.. hit the overtaking lane, all the sudden these little matchbox cars are able to do 110-120+km/h.. then drop back to 80-90km/h...
97 EL Ghia auto luxury, on it's guts
94 ED Futura 5 speed tucking with exhaust
97 XH ute, 5 speed with P-Plate spec exhaust
98 AU1 forte AU gheyness
XHBrad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #21
Spudz27
Call me Spud

This is 2wks ago, but my day was ruined by a kebab, yep a kebab. Drove 400km o offload the kiddies to Grandma, and the one thing I always get is a kebab, best place in town (I have eaten many a kebab lol), so I get to the shop at lunchtime, during school holidays, whilst waiting for somebody else to park, an old couple hop in their car next to me to leave, but alaas, I can't reverse back as I am blocked in by a line of cars, so the car behind me get's said spot. I drive around like a moron and finally find a spot, and it is the spot I like as the pillar is on my side, so I enjoy using it to keep my car as far away as the middle bay, and it can't get hit by the person next to me as they too have to avoid the pillar.

So I begin to pull into the bay, yep I have enough space and crrrrrrrrrrack, I swiped the pillar with the corner of the front end. So I get out and say no biggie, deal with it later, cmon kids let's get lunch. Go and get my kebab, drive to mums, sit down and take a bite.........not sure what happened, but it was the worst kebab I had ever had, I even got 3 bits of chicken bone for good measure.

So to get the kebab I was so desperatley wanting, I had to drive 400km, put up with the usual car park antics, scrape my car on a pillar and then the kebab was horrid anyway. Might sound petty, but honestly, I went from a 2 day trip, to dropping the kids with mum, staying the night and leaving at 6am the next morning. Canceled all plans to catch up with friends etc. All because of a Kebab hahahahahahahahahaha
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #22
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey spudz......some days it just may pay to stay in bed!.....LOL!

2 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #23
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

FOOTBALL.

Sick of getting assaulted with the garbage. Sports report on news should be renamed to 95% football report. Getting stuck in football traffic makes me want to shoot people.

People could buy a dog and watch that chase a ball around the backyard all day and it would be less intrusive on everyone's lives.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #24
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who can't be happy unless they have somthing to winge about

This isn't ago at any one here or any of these posts, but I have a guy at work who is always looking for the negative so he has somthing to ***** about

My gripe is a little like Poppa's

I LOVE a crusty bread roll crustier the better, like a wood fired jobie with real butter (not marg) and Vegemite, I love it, then my son gets told to go on a glutin free diet to stop all his digestive discomfort, so now my wife has read eleventy squillion books on celiacs and gluten intolerance and how a lot of people don't even know their intolerant so now were all on this freaken gluten free diet so that's the end of my Vegemite roll, that's the end of a freaken good pizza, that's the end of shinitzel that's the end of every thing I hold near and dear to my heart.

Even freaken BBQ sauce is gone :(

I love my son but fairs fair

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #25
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHBrad View Post
Drivers that drive along 80-90km/h in 100 zone in areas you're unable to pass.. hit the overtaking lane, all the sudden these little matchbox cars are able to do 110-120+km/h.. then drop back to 80-90km/h...
I hear ya, this makes my blood boil. Everytime this happens i wish i had a big big flamethrower on the front of my car.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #26
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
I hear ya, this makes my blood boil. Everytime this happens i wish i had a big big flamethrower on the front of my car.

a flame thrower behind me.....that'd do wonders for my arthritis!

2 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #27
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I'll limit it to 3 tonight:
1. Turn your friggin sound off on your stupid friggin jewelmunchsmashing game in the middle of peak hour while on the train. If I can hear it half a friggin carriage away it's TOO LOUD and as much as I love Star Wars I don't want to hear 'PEW PEW PEW' lazer guns for a whole hour!!
2. Keep your filthy feet OFF the seats!
3. KEEP THE F LEFT ON THE HIGHWAY!@_#*()%)(%*#_)( .

/ragequit
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #28
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

trying to load a bunch of photos into photobucket and it decides to put them all into the wrong album even though it had the name of the album i wanted in the "īn-to" box. now i will have to move over 100 photos one at the time because there dosnt seem to be an option to move multiple pics together.

photo bucket used to be great to use . why did they change it and fleck it all up.
might have to start looking for another host site i think.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #29
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
I'll limit it to 3 tonight:
1. Turn your friggin sound off on your stupid friggin jewelmunchsmashing game in the middle of peak hour while on the train. If I can hear it half a friggin carriage away it's TOO LOUD and as much as I love Star Wars I don't want to hear 'PEW PEW PEW' lazer guns for a whole hour!!
2. Keep your filthy feet OFF the seats!
3. KEEP THE F LEFT ON THE HIGHWAY!@_#*()%)(%*#_)( .

/ragequit
After this post I remembered another hate of mine:

Trains
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #30
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T View Post
After this post I remembered another hate of mine:

Trains
As if anybody could hate trains, especially awesome old school steam ones!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: