Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
car
Starter Motor

Default Fuel ecomomy TDCI under 5lt per 100kms

I've traded my TDCI on a Titanium TDCI - not got delivery yet. Took the older car on a trip to Adelaide from Perth and achieved just under 5lt per 100kms - fantastic economy! Has anyone achieved similar results? Speed was 100 to 110, tyres inflated to 40lbs and steady driving with cruise control on.

car is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
scribbly

Is that per the readout in the dash or a calculated result?

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by car
I've traded my TDCI on a Titanium TDCI - not got delivery yet. Took the older car on a trip to Adelaide from Perth and achieved just under 5lt per 100kms - fantastic economy! Has anyone achieved similar results? Speed was 100 to 110, tyres inflated to 40lbs and steady driving with cruise control on.
Best I've got is about 5.9 which was to Mildura. That's the dash telling me that.

I've done just over 30K now, and am averaging 8.0 l/100. That's mainly city with some country and with a/c always on.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Best I've seen on a stretch of highway driving was 5.2 (according to the dash). That was with a full tank, 2 adults, 2 kids and luggage. DTE was showing over 1200 kays after having done about 70 already. Guess the wind was blowing in the right direction!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by car
I've traded my TDCI on a Titanium TDCI - not got delivery yet. ...
How many kays on the clock when you traded up? Did you get a decent price for the tradein?

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
How many kays on the clock when you traded up? Did you get a decent price for the tradein?
I'd be interested too. I took my car to a dealer for the 30K and couldn't see one Titanium, there were wagons and XR5s but that's it. Wanted to have a look at one and see what they were like. I've only seen one on the road.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
wusyc

According to the dealer I got my Titanium from, it is not easy to get a Titanium. Not sure if Ford totally under-estimated the demand for it.

I personally found that the Titanium is a very nicely packaged car for the price.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

If the Titanium is hard to find.... yes, they failed to read the market correctly .....again/still.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #9
car
Starter Motor

Sorry for late reply - was away os.
Ok Fuel was calculated and I did everything possible to get good consumption - I did not use very much accelerator and stayed pretty much on 100kms per hour - drifted up to 110 occasionally. 2 adults and some luggage set golf clubs.
Trade was not the best - the dealer I have bought 6 cars from offered 23K - on a 3 month old car!!!
I played golf with another dealer became mates and he did it for 18K. The only reason I traded a nearly new car was the tax break which made it cost neutral to me (either pay ATO or dealer).
I was caught with the model changeover the Titanium was announced 2 weeks after I bought my 2nd TDCI.
Good economy was in my first Mondy TDCI kms 18K.
2nd car traded at 5000kms.
car is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Default TDCI Economy

Ok,

Just done a return trip from NW Tas to Hobart (in 1 day). Total distance was 670KM, average fuel use was 6.7l per 100. That was sitting pretty much on 110 all the way with four large adults and not worrying about using the accelerator to pass. Most of the trip was with the cruise control set.

As it was a 1 day trip there was minimal luggage. Pretty impressed really as we left with a full tank and returned home with about a 3rd on the gauge. Filled it up this morning for $57.00 (Stinky's about $1.26 in Tas at the moment).

I was more impressed by the comfort of the ride on such a trip. Last year, before buying the Mondy, we did the same thing with an Aurion hire car and while it was better than our old crapadore, it was still exhausting ( I don't know if it was the tyres the hire company was running or not, but the road noise was terrible (not so the Mondeo)).
Bluetooth
Euro Plates
Towpack
:
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post