Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 23-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
car
Starter Motor

Default Diesel pinging pre-detonation IMPORTANT NOTICE

I know there is another old thread but I have finally had mine corrected. After being told my new Titanium was fine (in spite of considerable noise) and to use different diesel I had had enough and went to a different dealer (Titan Ford Melville). Explained my problem and was directed to the "gun" who was Europe trained etc.
Well he reprogrammed it in 15 minutes and transformed the car!
It is like a new car - completely quiet, no noise at all, smooth and power is up at least 15-20% - the car fly's!
And incidentally economy is very much improved. I asked him if there could have been damage caused and I think he did not want to drop Ford in it but it could damage the engine if left long term (I have done 12K).

DO NOT ACCEPT EXCUSES!!! there is a fix put out by Ford and if your dealer does not admit it get them to call Daniel at Titan.
BTW - he finally put me out of my misery re the auto lock on the doors on pull off. The Titanium will not do it. Stupid.

car is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
gh172

Default Re: Diesel pinging pre-detonation IMPORTANT NOTICE

We had a reflash that was supposed to correct the transmission . I've noticed that the car seems smoother and quieter as well. It doesn't really feel any more powerful though. Wondering if we had the same reprogram as you?
Old 30-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
car
Starter Motor

No you need the engine management one done
car is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
Mickey6050
Starter Motor

Hi,
Thanks for the tip. My MC Titanium was by all accounts making the same noises as yours. Took it to my local dealer (where I bought it) and they offered to do it straight away. Any how I had it done the next day, they had it for less than 2 hours and it's fixed, well I have done one trip from Perth to Midland (20 km)and all went well. Not sure if there was a power improvement, I'll let you know if the fuel economy improves.
Regards
Michael
Mickey6050 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

I took my July 2011 build MC to Ford (Hallam) for my 3000km inspection and asked them to look at the engine management flash while they were at it. They told me "we checked the codes and there is nothing to upgrade". Does this sound right? My car does sometimes sound like a farm tractor when starting up in the morning ....
pbouzaid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
Mickey6050
Starter Motor

Hi, I bought my MC in June but it has a January compliance plate. It wasn't a start up sound, it was during initial acceleration and very distinctive 'pinging' which would go away, then when the car went into second it commenced again for a moment or two. It did seem that some days were better than others, I kept an eye on the temp gauge to see that was a factor but didn't seem to be. It did seem to be more noticeable when the engine was warmed up. Iv'e done another 30km since getting it fixed and all good. As for sounding like a tractor, I'm inclined to agree, but that is different from the pre ignition thing. Also maybe since your MC is newer than mine it has the upgrade already.
Regards
Michael
Mickey6050 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbouzaid
I took my July 2011 build MC to Ford (Hallam) for my 3000km inspection and asked them to look at the engine management flash while they were at it. They told me "we checked the codes and there is nothing to upgrade". Does this sound right? My car does sometimes sound like a farm tractor when starting up in the morning ....
Direct injection diesels can be noisy when cold. Try starting your car on a frosty morning after its been standing outside all night. I try to drive mine gently for the first few hundred metres and then it sounds fine.

I think the pinging is something quite different.
Old 18-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

Cool. I won't worry about it then
pbouzaid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
GT2

Has anyone in Sydney had this problem? Mine seems to be pinging and I would like to find a dealer who is aware of the problem and the solution.
GT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #10
GT2

All fixed today with a software upgrade.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
manamp27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2
All fixed today with a software upgrade.
Which dealer did you do this through please?
manamp27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #12
GT2

Alto Ford. It's where I bought the car.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #13
fonfe
RS shop's technician

When you connect ids to a vehicle you can check for software updates that ford releases. These updates should load to ids automatically as Ids is connected wirelessly to the Internet for warranty work (updates are also warranty work provided the vehicle is in warranty)
If the latest software is not on the module it can the been uploaded to it via ids.
any ford dealer technician should be able to do this and should be aware of how to do it. It's covered in your first ids training course. If your dealer says there isn't an update then there isnt.
fonfe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post