Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
cattitude

Default Dash Ford Logo Stays On - Normal or not?

I'm still adapting to the new Mondeo so I am not sure if its normal or not but....

I park my car in a private locked yard, I have no need to lock it but as I walk away the dash screen still displays the ford logo (as if its still powered) it seems the only way to turn this screen off is to lock the car.
I dont want to risk killing the battery with the screen remaing on, maybe it goes off within a certain amount of time? cant find anything in users manual about this.

Am I doing something wrong?
Any suggestions?

cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Zippy7

Default Re: Dash Ford Logo Stays On - Normal or not?

This is the same for our MA - When I park it in the garage at home, we do not lock the car, but the screen stays on for a little while. We have not had any issues with the battery so far (ours was purchased June 08, so basically 4 years old now). I think it takes 30 secs or 1 min for the screen to switch off.
Old 14-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Re: Dash Ford Logo Stays On - Normal or not?

These cars have a lot of electronics and take a while to shut down. Similar to when you shut down your computer, it goes through steps to turn off.

Leaving the car unlocked makes this process happen slower, using more battery than turning it off by locking the car. I used to leave mine on, and then had a major issue with the battery and a one year old and partner. Here's the happy story: http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11282776

Zippy, I'd be getting you battery checked as it would be older than four years now, and best to be safe rather than sorry. Mine lasted about two years. It might have changed now, but the battery guy had no idea how to replace the battery in my MA.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post