Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
cattitude

Default Alarm Mondeo Titanium 2010 - WHAT ALARM?

Hi all, just purchased a second hand Mondeo MB titanium 2010.
the book tells me it has an alarm and to go to the settings to adjust settings to my needs, however as I go through the sellings there is NO alarm settings at all!!! I have looked everywhere as to the books guided advice but nothing to be found, not even any greyed out options.

Why would the book tell me it has an alarm when I cant find the options, am I doing something wrong???

Im frustrated and annoyed that I cant find these settings and am starting to think that that it does not have alarm settings.

can someone please advice??

thanks in advance

cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default Re: Alarm Mondeo Titanium 2010 - WHAT ALARM?

My 2010 MC Zetec "allegedly" had an alarm. I went playing with the car not long after I got it and figured out the one way I could set it off, I sat in the car, hit lock on the remote twice, then tried to manually open the door without unlocking them on the remote and she did start the horn [not VN] blowing.

There are no settings anywhere on any of my systems for an alarm (enable/disable) etc, I just have to assume it is there.

Maybe try doing what I did, sit in your car, double lock it with the remote then try to unlock the door by hand (without remote) and open it, see what happens.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
cattitude

Will try a test as you suggested Riksta, I need to confirm there is an alarm or not as the car yard told it stating "it has an alarm"
Will update once test is done.
Old 14-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Fishman

I'm also sure that there is an alarm and that one of my kids set it off one day.

I know that there are settings in the computer for the forward alert., could there be a confusion from the book?
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Also, some options in the book were not fitted to Australian deliverd cars
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Does it have interior sensors ie a red light either side of the interior light?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
cattitude

no interior sensors that i can see, the dealership sold it stating "alarm system" when I questioned this they said, "it has an immobaliser and thats it" i said yes you stated it has an immobaliser and you also stated alarm. trickery to get you to buy.
Old 16-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
talkativebanana
Starter Motor

I've got a feeling that the manual describes alarm systems that were not necessarily released in the australian version of the Mondeo.
Your car certainly should have a perimeter alarm, that is if one of the doors, bonnet or boot are opened (when you car is locked) it should trigger the alarm. I don't think the australian cars came with the internal cabin sensor systems.
As it is simply a system that is activated when your car is locked, disarmed when your car is unlocked you won't be able to find any setting for it in the car's menus.
I have done the same thing that Riksta suggested and after sitting in the car, locking the doors with the remote fob and then opening the door it set off the alarm system.
talkativebanana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post