Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Do you like the look of the AU (std) headlights?
Not fussed really. 43 23.76%
Yes, love them. 48 26.52%
Would change them if I could afford to. 50 27.62%
Worst part of the car. 40 22.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #181
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

More recent ... AU Picnic Day
Old 02-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #182
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Noice mate, now can you shrink the 2 images down & have them side by side as a comparison???
Old 02-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #183
HLC
Audi S3

look forward to checking them out on friday Simon :sm_headba
Old 02-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #184
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Done, you've sold me

I'll be in touch, once the rest of my car is where I want it to be

On a side note, if you guys go ahead with it, you could sell them for $300/pair (but not to me : )
Old 02-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #185
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
you could sell them for $300/pair (but not to me : )
thats cheaper than what they go for now : :
Old 02-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #186
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh is it? lol opps.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #187
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Oh is it? lol opps.
best bet is PMing the dok
Old 02-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #188
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
you could sell them for $300/pair
Ahhhhhhhh, no I think not : Take HLC's advice!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 07:04 PM   #189
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
Ahhhhhhhh, no I think not : Take HLC's advice!!!
btw how are those chrome/fairmont ones going? no rush... and if possible (at all), would you be able to construct them without the orange plastic indicator lense in there? so they just appear chrome from the outside without that ugly orange bit : :
Old 02-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #190
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What do you guys reckon?

Shall I go for it, & whether i should get the black bezel or keep the dark grey?
Old 02-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #191
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice chop mate, whish ya could have done that for me (start of thread). Tough call on the colour though, looks great with the silver, but black or grey, personally................nup still dunno!!
Old 03-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #192
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
btw how are those chrome/fairmont ones going? no rush... and if possible (at all), would you be able to construct them without the orange plastic indicator lense in there? so they just appear chrome from the outside without that ugly orange bit : :
There's actually a clear section over the indicator ... and looks silver ... I have an orange globe in behind it ... and you can't see the orange at all.

When the lights are off ... literally the entire headlight looks blacked out/tinted.

LG: I think a silver bezel would suit your car better ... black needs to be on a dark coloured car ... or a very contrasting colour (white ... red even)
Old 03-05-2006, 08:58 AM   #193
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

OK ... managed to get a couple of pics off the phone in the carpark.
All lights on ... kinda blurry ... was hard trying to get a pic of this due to brightness ... the phone darkened the pic just to take it.

Here's a pic of the beam pattern against a wall ... although the wall is angled away though ... not dead on ... the beam still needs to be adjusted to the left for both lights
Old 03-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #194
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know it's really of no particular advantage to the AU owners, but given the amount of interest the projector installation in the AU has generated, + the (better than expected) improved light emission, I'm going to do this mod on the BA (XR) headlight (using my own vehicle this time) to try to emulate the output of the AU projector set-up. So as the saying goes "watch this thread". That's not to say I have lost interest in the AU set-up (far from it actually), but after the end of this month (due mainly to time constraints), I will focus more on the BA mod as it should be an easier conversion than the AU, but not without it's difficulties either. Unfortunately, we don't have a dedicated "BA" section on AFF (yet), so I hope it's ok (for the time being) that I hi-jack (divert) my own thread just a little.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #195
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
I know it's really of no particular advantage to the AU owners, but given the amount of interest the projector installation in the AU has generated, + the (better than expected) improved light emission, I'm going to do this mod on the BA (XR) headlight (using my own vehicle this time) to try to emulate the output of the AU projector set-up. So as the saying goes "watch this thread". That's not to say I have lost interest in the AU set-up (far from it actually), but after the end of this month (due mainly to time constraints), I will focus more on the BA mod as it should be an easier conversion than the AU, but not without it's difficulties either. Unfortunately, we don't have a dedicated "BA" section on AFF (yet), so I hope it's ok (for the time being) that I hi-jack (divert) my own thread just a little.
could be intersting for the old man's BA :
Old 03-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #196
JL
Ford Focus RS & FG F6

BA Xenon lights! Can't wait DOK keep up the good work.
Old 28-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #197
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

damn i wish a projector set up was possible for AU XR's i know it was said its not possible but with the quality of work here surely some1 can they can use my car as a "test bed"
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 29-05-2006, 02:25 PM   #198
aualright

Hate to be a party pooper but I like the stock lights. Don't stock AU lights have better illumination than most others anyway? I'd imagine this design would suit some colours, and not others. Definitely looks ordinary in the comparison image to me, but obviously not to most others.
Old 29-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #199
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, just a quick update. I have ordered a set of Projector Lights off The Dok. I think i just snuck in, with the last set for the AU. I'm getting pretty busy with uni, and will hopefully pick them up in the next couple of weeks. But will update this thread of how it goes & pictures.

I ended up going a dark grey bezel (like the standard AUIII), and I will get a spare black bezel set.

Cheers
Old 29-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #200
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
Hate to be a party pooper but I like the stock lights. Don't stock AU lights have better illumination than most others anyway? I'd imagine this design would suit some colours, and not others. Definitely looks ordinary in the comparison image to me, but obviously not to most others.

Stock AU headlights do have great illumination.

But when it coems to distance/beam cut-off and perihperal vision ... they don't quite work as well as the projector version. I find on country roads I am using my highbeam/driving lights much less than I used to.

Over distance as well the projector lense allows the beam to through further as well without light intesity loss too ... hence the reason why i use my highbeam/driving lights less.

Although as soome witnesses on the Titan Ford Day .... my highbeams and driving lights work very well indeed.
Old 29-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #201
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hey Dok, you can borrow my head lights from the BA if you want..
Old 01-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #202
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

just thought id ask if there is any chance of getting a set of the projector head lights for my TE
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 01-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #203
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
just thought id ask if there is any chance of getting a set of the projector head lights for my TE
Nah sorry mate, I've moved on to a BA/F "twin projector" prototype. _2:
Old 01-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #204
NEG
Diabolus

I dont know if anyone has already said this but I realy dont want to read through all the posts to find out, but IMO they would look much better the same colour as the car instead of just black, looks cheap.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #205
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Yeah ... but try a white surround headlight on a Winter white car .... errrrr ... NO.
Black surround looks the goods ... and when the light is turned off ... it actually looks like the entire light is black.

I still need to get those night time photos I have been meaning to get ... mine have been great ... night time driving has been awesome ... I have perfected the beam height now ... and beam distance is awesome without glare to any drivers. On low beam I have close to 80 metres of clear bright beam "on the road" in front and all around .... and when following any vehicle ... the beam does not go above the top of the bumper. Very impressed with them.

Will be good to see BA style lights when they become available ... mind you the stock BA and Territory lights are bloody awesome to start with already.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #206
CATFORD
SCALDED CAT

Mate I would buy a set off you tomorrow!!! :
Old 10-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #207
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hows the BA projectors looking Dok?
Old 10-08-2006, 04:56 PM   #208
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Hows the BA projectors looking Dok?
Ahhhh....... slow going mate, I've been innundated these last few weeks with regular work, so the side projects (& there are a few) have taken less priority :
Old 12-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #209
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Hay dok, mine are still going fine

The HID hasn't caused any damage at all to the reflector inside the projector.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #210
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
Hay dok, mine are still going fine

The HID hasn't caused any damage at all to the reflector inside the projector.
That's good to hear mate. Although not a fan of HID, if they are working fine for you. that's all that matters. Do keep a close eye on them though. Thanks for the update. :Reverend: