Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Golfer

Default New Focus On The Way

Just ordered our new Focus Sport Auto Petrol Sedan in Lunar Sky. Delivery date mid January. They had one in the Dealer but we decided to wait for next delivery so we get Sat Nav.
Chose the sedan as golf clubs would not fit in the boot of the hatch without the back seat down.

Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
sysh
A few screw loose

Default Re: New Focus On The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer
Just ordered our new Focus Sport Auto Petrol Sedan in Lunar Sky. Delivery date mid January. They had one in the Dealer but we decided to wait for next delivery so we get Sat Nav.
Chose the sedan as golf clubs would not fit in the boot of the hatch without the back seat down.
From a fellow golfer too, that was the reason for me choosing the Sedan.. trunk space is important. Congratz! How much did it cost you?
sysh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Golfer

Still talking about final price and trade-in. Will be around 33K on road with 5 year 175K km warranty. Not a great price but I am in Hobart with only one Ford dealer and no competition.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
Golfer

Also looked closely at the new Mazda 3 Skyactiv. Similar spec to Focus Sport was $34.3K. Pretty impressive car but harsher ride, Much more road noise (even if much better than previous Maxx Sport) and in my opinion the styling inside and out is now getting a bit tired.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
sysh
A few screw loose

.. although the tech in the Skyactive is pretty cool but the design/styling of the car is a bit dated. Wow, the price is kinda steep..but I guess since they have a stranglehold on Fords.. gonna be tough, unless you ship it out of Vic or something. 33k will get you a Diesel Sport with ease or maybe 1k more for the Titanium Petrol
sysh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
harveyr

Good luck, I ordered a diesel sport hatch in September - still waiting! Hopefully it'll arrive before Christmas. Only benefit of the wait is I get the sat nav for free.
harveyr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
irs

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyr
Good luck, I ordered a diesel sport hatch in September - still waiting! Hopefully it'll arrive before Christmas. Only benefit of the wait is I get the sat nav for free.
So did I. Don't seem to be able to get any information as to if and when it might arrive.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
Golfer

Price of cars and other consumer goods is one of the things that you get use to in Hobart but when the price of real estate is taken into account the few extra $K for a car is insignificant. All brands are the same and we are getting a great car at a very good price when compared to what is available locally. I hope we do not have any delays with delivery.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
Nolz

Guys, I ordered mine on the 19SEP and took delivery 2 and a bit weeks ago (8 week wait). I fell into the free SATNAV upgrade period too. And its WORTH IT!

Unless the entire shipment that arrived had been allocated, your car should be here!!!!! Get on the blower!!!!!
Nolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
harveyr

The last shipment arrived in Melbourne on Saturday evening (3rd December) on the M.V. Parsifal, so hopefully there would have been some unallocated cars amongst them.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #11
Nichol

I ordered mine in late November, for a mid January delivery aswell. Slowly getting there!
Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #12
Mollusc
Starter Motor

My Titanium Diesel was ordered mid-August with delivery promised by the end of October. Still waiting but hopefully its on the Parsifal arriving in Brisbane tomorrow.

The only thing that might make up for the repeated lies by the dealer is the addition of Sat-Nav (hopefully).
Mollusc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #13
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Congrats on your new ride Golfer, we also looked at other models once the wife sat inside the Focus the only decision was Titanium or Sport.
I was told strait up it would be early to mid January, ship left 18th November takes approx 6 weeks.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #14
harveyr

My Diesel sport arrived in Hobart yesterday (3 months since it was ordered), but I can't collect it until next Wednesday. Why so long to do a P.D.I.? I'd have thought that after making me wait so long the dealer could have done the PDI a bit quicker. At least I've seen it, and touched it!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 AM   #15
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I heard today there is some sort of strike going on at the docks, I think they said it was in Brisbane..

Old 11-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #16
makattkd
RallyNav

Quote:
My Diesel sport arrived in Hobart yesterday (3 months since it was ordered), but I can't collect it until next Wednesday. Why so long to do a P.D.I.? I'd have thought that after making me wait so long the dealer could have done the PDI a bit quicker. At least I've seen it, and touched it!
I have been waiting a month to test drive a diesel in Launceston and still nothing in stock, yet there is 3 Range Rover Evoque's at the dealer just around the corner and from what ive heard there is supposed to be a 6 month wait for them!
makattkd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #17
Nichol

Smile Re: New Focus On The Way

Hopefully this schedule is right, but if it is...it shows you when the ship left and when it's due to arrive at it's destinations.
http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...pe=generatePDF
Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #18
irs

Took delivery of my Candy Red Desel Sport on Friday after a long wait.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #19
Nolz

But soooooo worth it
Old 15-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #20
harveyr

Got my Mustard Olive Diesel Sport yesterday. What a great car - well worth waiting 3 months for!
So quiet, and so many thoughtful touches that make it a joy to drive.
Old 16-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #21
Nolz

Good stuff! Be sure to put up more impressions as you get to know it better. I'm still very very chuffed with the little car.
Old 16-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #22
harveyr

I’ve had the Sport Hatch Diesel for 2 days now, and done 650 kms in it. It really is a great car – superb quality of finish, a wonderful engine, great handling, and whisper quiet. It also has so many really thoughtful features, such as the radio muting automatically as soon as the reversing sensors kick in, holding the speed downhill after you touch the brakes, etc.
The Sat Nav is a bit disappointing. It doesn’t provide anything like as many features as my separate Garmin Nuvi does for $200 compared to the $500 that Ford has added to the price (luckily I got it for free!).
All in all it’s just a joy to drive.
Old 17-12-2011, 01:05 AM   #23
SpoolMan

Quote:
compared to the $500 that Ford has added to the price (luckily I got it for free!).
All in all it’s just a joy to drive.
from November all Sport and Titanium coming into Australia Sat Nav will be standard.
Does it have a good voice command?

Old 17-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #24
harveyr

The voice commands are quite good, and if you go off the selected route there is no waiting for it to recalculate - it immediately gives you a new route. I understand that some time next year we'll get the Ford 'My Touch' sat nav which should be much better - enabling you to plan your routes on your computer and transfer them to the sat nav.
Old 17-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
irs

Quote:
The voice commands are quite good, and if you go off the selected route there is no waiting for it to recalculate - it immediately gives you a new route. I understand that some time next year we'll get the Ford 'My Touch' sat nav which should be much better - enabling you to plan your routes on your computer and transfer them to the sat nav.
Did you receive any operating instructions with yours? I didn't. In fact, it doesn't exist in the handbook. It also does not have some streets/roads away from the metro area that my Navman has. Apart from that, the Deisel Sport is excellent. I am finding new features every day. It is cerainly a pleasure to drive.
Old 17-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #26
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Suggest you check with dealer that you got the latest map in the unit. Not unknown to find the factory is putting in last years maps.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #27
blatchie

sounds like the sat nav is not that good.I felt ripped off by getting one of the first ones without it. However my Mio seem to tell me where to go (if the wife doesn't)
Old 17-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #28
paulsmith.au
Starter Motor

Just took delivery of my new Focus Titanium Diesel (Midnight Sky) today, drove one last week, liked it so much i made the purchase upon returning the demo car.

I did 2 x 24hr back to back tests, Petrol vs Diesel. The 340nm of torque makes the diesel quite a nice drive in my opinion.

I spend many months looking at new Golf's but in the end the Ford felt like better bang for buck and looks a bit more modern .
paulsmith.au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #29
paulsmith.au
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by irs
Did you receive any operating instructions with yours? I didn't. In fact, it doesn't exist in the handbook. It also does not have some streets/roads away from the metro area that my Navman has. Apart from that, the Deisel Sport is excellent. I am finding new features every day. It is cerainly a pleasure to drive.
Ive got a photocopy of the Sat Nav instructions, i could scan and pdf for you?
paulsmith.au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #30
harveyr

My son sent me a pdf of the satnav manual from England. I can eamil it if you like?