Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #1651
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
I hear ya!

In my defence, I do fill the jug to the top and boil it to make one cup of tea in the morning. The rest of it gets poured in the sink to wash my breakfast dishes.

Logical and practical.

Cheers!
Yes I do something similar when the opportunity arises. Sometimes after a coffee, and I decide to boil pasta, I transfer what's left in the kettle to speed the process up.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #1652
96falcon2
Starter Motor

The noise the young magpies make to their parents when they want food shoved down their throat...3 different sets of them insist on doing it outside my bedroom window at 5am GRRRRRR no matter how many times i scare the little ***** they come back in 10 minutes.
96falcon2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #1653
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when somethings been organised with a few mates in advance they keep saying "yeah l wont forget i'll be there" all week leading upto what woulda been a great arvo bbq, l put off saying yes to the christmas charity cruise for this, and you think anyone showed up?!!!

GEEZ I HATE THAT!!!!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2014, 09:52 PM   #1654
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Dead internet-"we can get a technician there on the 22nd".
That was 2 days ago.

On the upside, phone operates ford forums through its hotspot ok. Won't load many other sites, but these can be done ok on the phone itself.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 12:30 AM   #1655
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
when somethings been organised with a few mates in advance they keep saying "yeah l wont forget i'll be there" all week leading upto what woulda been a great arvo bbq, l put off saying yes to the christmas charity cruise for this, and you think anyone showed up?!!!

GEEZ I HATE THAT!!!!!!
You missed out on a good day Brendan!

Never mind SE QLD will try for another one next year.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #1656
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Or the flip side... people who work in an office of 10 or 12 and put exactly 250ml of water in the kettle when they find it empty.....

What about people at work who never reply to email. Infuriates me, especially when you know they are sitting in front of a computer with their inbox open in front of them....
They might be doing it in an attempt to deny they ever got the email if they're going to get called up about mistakes etc.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 07:38 AM   #1657
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate it when the TV stations, despite the EPG (electronic program guide), don't stick to what they advertise.

Set the HDD to record "Sonic Highways" the other night. Did the usual 5 minutes earlier, 15 minutes later on the timer. Go to watch it - get 20 minutes of some movie that ran late, then some bull**** show about killers or terrorists for an hour (which wasn't on the EPG), and then I get all of 20 minutes of it. GRRRRRR....

And they wonder why people download torrents.....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 06:38 PM   #1658
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
I hate it when the TV stations, despite the EPG (electronic program guide), don't stick to what they advertise.

Set the HDD to record "Sonic Highways" the other night. Did the usual 5 minutes earlier, 15 minutes later on the timer. Go to watch it - get 20 minutes of some movie that ran late, then some bull**** show about killers or terrorists for an hour (which wasn't on the EPG), and then I get all of 20 minutes of it. GRRRRRR....

And they wonder why people download torrents.....

I missed Episode 3 of this after setting it with 5 minutes beforehand / 25 minutes after time.
Got all the way through but it stopped just as the song was about to play. And as you would know the whole idea is the song is a reflection of the story they've been telling for the last 55 minutes!! Arrrrgggh!
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #1659
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

If there is a TV Series that I want to follow, I have given up on the commercial stations and now wait until its available on DVD. No adds, no last minute schedule changes and no over running of some repeated so called American "Comedy's".
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #1660
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, it seems everything I record on one of the commercial stations somehow ends up with a large chuck of that so-called comedy in front of it, and it's not a 4 or 5 minute over-run, it's 20-50 minutes..
Old 15-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #1661
_Ben
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sold my car (about a week ago), and theres nothing on the market now :(
Old 17-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #1662
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Ok, it takes a lot to get me angry but i need to vent.

So i was pulling into the Fyshwick Post Office to collect a parcel and noticed a flash new BMW parked really close to the white line and a lady putting stuff in the back. Me being in my Ford Maverick (GQ Patrol, big 4x4) thought i better make sure i park right in the middle of the space beside it so they can get in. Anyway i pull in, perfectly in the middle, the car on my drivers side was close to the white line so i needed room to get out as well.

I get out and the lady (BMW owner on the passenger side) asked me very rudely to straighten up. I go to the back of my car and have a look, perfectly straight and perfectly in the middle of my park. There is plenty of room to get in without hitting my door. Anyway I tell her yep, whatever, and jump in to move it. Now i am normally a nice guy but something about her attitude really clicked in my head and annoyed me, so i decided not to move.

Now here is the conversation
Me, "i'm not moving my car."
Stuck up business women who thinks the world owes her something, "why not?"
Me, "if you weren't so rude at the start and learnt to park properly you would be able to get in your car just fine, i am perfectly in the middle."
Stuck up business women who thinks the world owes her something (screaming at me), "ARE YOU (INSERT MANY COLOURFUL WORDS) SERIOUS, I HOPE YOU HAVE A ***** CHISTMAS, **** YOU!"

Now this is where it got funny, she actually punched my tail light while screaming at me. She glared at me as she went to open her door (plenty of room i might add) and pulled her door open HARD. I don't think she realised i had steel rocksliders and her door smashed into them. She was obviously trying to dent my car and it failed. I didn't see the damage done to her door but it wouldn't have been pretty. I blew her a kiss good bye just to add to her situation.

Now what annoys me is these businessmen and women here in Canberra who think they are awesome and that the world owes them everything. They are everywhere, where i live is pretty yuppy (only because of my work) and these people don't even say good morning in the lift. I'm a nice guy, all she had to do was ask me nicely to move and that her park was terrible and i would have happily moved it. Thank god i go surfing and snowboarding every weekend to get away from these jerks.

That got long, hopefully someone made it too the bottom
fordomatic is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #1663
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you know the funny part of that mate........this woman would be either home telling her husband or at work telling her colleagues about the the ******** in the 4wd who can't park.......

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #1664
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
you know the funny part of that mate........this woman would be either home telling her husband or at work telling her colleagues about the the ******** in the 4wd who can't park.......
Yeh i know right i actually got her rego and was going to call insurance about my now paint chipped rock slider, then i calmed down a little
fordomatic is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #1665
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just smile and move on mate........or you'll go mad thinking about them.

they are amongst us at all times.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
2 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #1666
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
If there is a TV Series that I want to follow, I have given up on the commercial stations and now wait until its available on DVD. No adds, no last minute schedule changes and no over running of some repeated so called American "Comedy's".
I just download it off the net, I figure if I have already legitimately payed for it on Foxtel and I have missed it or it wasn't on time then I'm not pirating it for free when I do.
Old 17-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #1667
Lunch
Wait, what?

I hate that im finished up for the year and not back at work until the 6th of Jan, oh wait, no i dont.. Woooohoooo
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #1668
brett4777

I hate that lunch is finished already but on the upside I finish at lunchtime Friday and don't go back till the 12th
brett4777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #1669
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personalised number plates that say exactly the same thing as the badge(s) sitting just a few inches away....
Old 20-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #1670
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Yeh i know right i actually got her rego and was going to call insurance about my now paint chipped rock slider, then i calmed down a little

Use your camera..... just pretend your snapping pics of position of cars etc.

saw it happen recently here and female (??) went absolutely mental, unfortunately she didnt know other driver was off duty policeman hee hee hee,
he did take pics and through station emailed to her hubby, ****** stirring businessman in town.
Old 20-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #1671
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs View Post
Personalised number plates that say exactly the same thing as the badge(s) sitting just a few inches away....
They're not called vanity plates for nothing
Old 21-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #1672
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
It's so commodore drivers don't forget what car they drive.
Ya know, for when they're asked at a meet or something:
"What you got under there?"
*quickly checks number plate*
"Ahhh... a 5L mate."

This is the only logical conclusion I have come to at this point.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #1673
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Or personalised plates that take 45 seconds to work out what they are supposed to mean.

If you can't get the meaning from a 2 second glance, then they've wasted their annual fee.....

Last edited by commodorenutt; 22-12-2014 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Fixing an incorrect autocorrect
Old 22-12-2014, 12:48 AM   #1674
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

People who insist on tucking the plastic bag handles inwards when being used as a bin. Yep, in go the scraps, the sloppy goop, the dust - all over the bag handles - that you then need to fish out and hold to tie / carry to the outside bin....

Are these the same people that insist that when you are packing a cardboard box for storage the 4 lid flaps must be pushed inwards first to line the internal sides?? That bloody drives me up the wall like you wouldn't believe.

Fill the box - then there is no way to close it.... smart!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #1675
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Back when I was an apprentice, people who would use empty boxes as bins, no worries it keeps the cars we're building clean I've got no problem with that.

But what gives me the poos is when people would chuck a box full of rubbish into a bin, then complain the bins are full and need to be emptied all the time.

You empty the bin, it has a tiny bit of rubbish in the bottom, a box in the middle jammed in there and then a little bit of rubbish on top.

They wouldn't empty the box into the bin, just chuck the whole box in there.

If you're going to do that, just leave the box of rubbish out and I'll empty it and flat pack it, chuck it in the recycling bin.

Or people throwing them into the skip and doing the same thing, so the skip is full of boxes with rubbish in them, then us having to jump around in the skip to get more rubbish in there before it gets emptied.

OR they'll throw an empty cardboard box into the recycling skip without flat packing it, so the recycling skip is full with 5 boxes in it.

I didn't mind cleaning up for people just don't go around doing half the job and not doing it properly, it just makes it take longer and you didn't get your bin back as quickly as it could have been.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #1676
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
People who insist on tucking the plastic bag handles inwards when being used as a bin. Yep, in go the scraps, the sloppy goop, the dust - all over the bag handles - that you then need to fish out and hold to tie / carry to the outside bin....

Are these the same people that insist that when you are packing a cardboard box for storage the 4 lid flaps must be pushed inwards first to line the internal sides?? That bloody drives me up the wall like you wouldn't believe.

Fill the box - then there is no way to close it.... smart!

Hmm! how appropriate in the timing, just emptied the shredder, placed the bag tight around the outside edge of receptacle, made sure all was correct, inverted receptacle and shredded paper everywhere.

Somewhere between the carefully placement of said bag and the inversion of said receptacle the rubbish bag had slid off one side and allowed most of the shreds to make a hasty, and messy, evacuation, all over the floor.

why is it that a $5,500 ducted vacuum system won't pick up all the little bits of paper, merely acting like a dozer does not count.

2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2014, 12:32 AM   #1677
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thinking of getting an Airbrush kit for my wife who does cake decorating - type in "Air Brush Kits - Adelaide" into google and why do I get a list of sites in Sydney, Queensland etc???

Why is it so hard to search for one thing on the WWW???

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2014, 07:45 AM   #1678
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
A couple years back i stumbled across an immaculate, 1 owner Xw Fairmont wagon parked in the corner of a garage, after speaking to the elderly owner for about half an hour i learned the only exercise its had in the past 20 years is it gets started 1ce a week and driven to the end of the driveway, is left running for a few minutes then goes away, i took some pics (which ive since lost) and what stood out to me equally as much as the car itself were the number plates. XW 001 Personally i thought there couldnt be a better fitting plate for the car.
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #1679
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Had someone run into the back of my ute about 10 days ago not too bad just some paint bloke stopped (used my car for brakes) mazda 3 in poor shape though, got out exchanged details etc..later in the day got a text with his Allianz claim number all is ok car getting fixed in new year.
8.30 last night daughter 1 rings in tears the Subie has been shortened in the rear by about 4" no witnesses, thousands in damage you would have to know you hit it its worse than my car. Boot cannot be opened the rear quarters are flared out one rear light is hanging out. Daughter did say there are a lot of agro people in the shopping centre last few days obviously some cant drive either. Car was even parked in a culdersack next to centre the people in houses around where it was parked saw naught.
They can both get fixed together I suppose. Daughter not happy about paying the excess for a repair she had no part in creating.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #1680
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drivers who can't have a conversation with their passenger without turning their head to face them every time they speak.
Look at the bloody road you cckheads!!