Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-08-2006, 12:16 AM   #31
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
That would be the Steeda "Race Use Only" header? Thanks no thanks.

Which of your cars did you have the Ford Racing long tube header on?

It is more likely any extra noise will come because of the hi flow cat not the header. The stock cat provides a fair degree of muffling. The header shouldn't make a great deal of difference to dB levels

I'm not into snap crackle or pop
No you act your age and prefer things like rolling around in Honda Odysseys... late at night... :monkes:
Old 19-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #32
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

You be nice now young Matthew. A little respect for your elders please!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #33
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
But if it all goes well, who knows? If I get it fitted through Herrods, Rob may get interested in Focus again. I can see a situation where he brings in the Ford Racing long tube header and has Hi Tech build a custom hiflow cat and flexpipe to match his previous 2.25" catback (all speculation mind you)
I will get back into Focus parts again Steve.
have to work on the web site and get my own site, get more info on parts for what I am selling.
1 BIG problem I do have Steve is courier companys asking $100's to ship small parts from Brisbane to all over Australia.

I don't have a Ford Racing long tube header, the ford Racing and steeda long tube do the same thing but, the steeda 1 looks better from my view.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 01:10 PM   #34
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
I'm not into snap crackle or pop
Are you a weet-bix kid....lol
I'm just joking with ya
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Old 19-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #35
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA
Are you a weet-bix kid....lol
I'm just joking with ya
Snap and Crackle are OK, but that little bastard Pop was always a bit dodgy I reckon
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 19-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #36
FRA
Mr Focus

Must be the cold milk...lol
Let us all know how the long tube header goes with sound and performance when you get it.
You shouldn't have any problem fitting the header on and any other parts by Ford racing Steve.
It'll be months before I get all of my exhaust parts.
Old 13-09-2006, 10:52 AM   #37
melbzetec

Another two weeks before they despatch my exhaust parts from the states. ("When Michaleangelo?")

I can tell you, I am really OVER driving my car like a complete Nana. Just can't get any decent acceleration, the whole thing just bogs down. So gentle off from the lights, change under 300rpm, gentle again, change under 3,000rpm. Must be 0-60 in about 15 secs AAAARRRGH. And people right up my clacker from the lights, AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT! The car just won't get up an going.

I'll have to put a bowling hat on the back parcel shelf

Old 20-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #38
melbzetec

I am now officially pi##ed off with Central Florida Motorsports. For two months now, they have been saying they are waiting on the header to come from Ford Racing, and that Ford Racing won't give them an arrival date. So this morning I rang Ford Racing, and they have plenty of headers in stock. And really friendly service on the phone.So someone is telling Porkie Pies and I think they live in Florida

Phone call tonight I think, and probably cancel the order,with CFM, and then place the order with McNews Automotive.

GRRRRRRRRR

Old 20-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #39
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ask for overnight shipment too because I want your car on the cruise, spend the little extra I know you got the cash...if not sell your oven

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #40
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
I am now officially pi##ed off with Central Florida Motorsports. For two months now, they have been saying they are waiting on the header to come from Ford Racing, and that Ford Racing won't give them an arrival date. So this morning I rang Ford Racing, and they have plenty of headers in stock. And really friendly service on the phone.So someone is telling Porkie Pies and I think they live in Florida

Phone call tonight I think, and probably cancel the order,with CFM, and then place the order with McNews Automotive.

GRRRRRRRRR
thats right GRRRRRRRRRRRR ehehehee

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 04:03 PM   #41
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
Ask for overnight shipment too because I want your car on the cruise, spend the little extra I know you got the cash...if not sell your oven
It'll cost more for overnight by air
Old 20-10-2006, 04:05 PM   #42
FRA
Mr Focus

I can the header in for you Steve
A month if that.
Old 20-10-2006, 04:58 PM   #43
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA
It'll cost more for overnight by air
I know because if you read what I wrote properly you would see I have said it costs more

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 20-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #44
Uni

im pretty sure he wants it sooner than a month given that he's considering overnight freight and is "sick of driving like a nana"

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 07:12 AM   #45
melbzetec

Progress.

Cancelled the order with Central Florida Motorsports.

"Still on backorder" they claimed. BS but I didn't argue (coz I wanted to make sure they didn't charge anything for cancelling an order....so I was sweet as pie)

Then rang McNews Automotive (could hear a Saleen Mustang(as i found out) running on their dyno in the background. Sweet)

Not a problem with the parts. Found out from McNews that retailers have to order a minimum of $1500 from Ford Racing (so obviously CFM was waiting for other orders!!) In fact CFM had rung McNews 10 minutes earlier trying to get the part for me off them!!!

Parts will be despatched about Thursday next week. Not sure on delivery yet,will know about Wednesday but it will be air (but not overnight Adam.....sheesh, you must think I am rolling in it!!!!) From experience, it only takes a few days

Might get it together for cruise, but not holding my breath. Still have to get it all fitted, and there is some modifying of O2 sensor leads and power steering line

So there's two months down the tubes.

I've dealt with McNews before. Pretty good. I'd avoid CFM..........although I think Orsest 170 has had some good dealing with them

Last edited by melbzetec; 21-10-2006 at 07:22 AM.
Old 22-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #46
FRA
Mr Focus

I don't know how alot of business in the US still stay in business being honest.
slow replying back to email or not replying back at all.
Hard to understand you over the phone.
It's not that easy to get stuff from the US and that incl ebay.
Old 27-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #47
melbzetec

Another month down the tubes.

BUT,

Whooo hooo.

Long tube header, hi flow cat, flexpipe and O2 harness being despatched tonight.
Let the fun begin.

(Even my wife says my car is pathetic at the moment)

Old 27-11-2006, 05:27 PM   #48
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your wife's A4 has more balls than your does atm but Steve the wait is worth it. Your mods are always nice and neatly done

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 27-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #49
melbzetec

Thanks Adam, I appreciate that.

Old 27-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #50
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Has your car ever backfired?

Does your muffler have fibreglass (white stuff) inside it?
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 11:58 PM   #51
melbzetec

No, never backfired, and no fibreglass

Old 28-11-2006, 01:23 AM   #52
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

''Overnight parts from japan''
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 03:03 AM   #53
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
''Overnight parts from japan''
...someone's a Fast & The Furious fan _2:
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #54
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

lol i dont like 'Furious Rice' at all.

but it can be used ocasionaly as very light hearted entertainment.

It's hilarious that they can be half way through a ''race for slips'' and no matter how fast or hard they are pushing, they seem to always be able to change back a gear and get infront... or hit the accelerator pedal just that little bit harder to gain the advantage.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #55
melbzetec

Well just over 4 months since I started this thread, and the parts FINALLY arrive tomorrow. Had confirmation from UPS today. (Westpac changed my credit card number 2 weeks ago which buggered up and delayed the order...but that's another story)

1. Ceramic coated stainless steel Ford Racing long tube header for Zetec
2. Random Technology Hi Flow cat
3. Stainless 2.25" flexpipe
4 O2 extension harness

They tried to charge me duty, but had to remind them about the US Free Trade agreement. I was told I had to get a letter confirming the parts were manufactured in the U.S.

I told them I'd do that, and they then put it through with no duty!! But still had to pay GST and a ripoff $55 custom processing charge.

(Studying the Customs website last night, it appears that under $1000 they don't worry about the duty or GST. But mine was over that)

Anyway, paid the GST and fees, parts are in Melbourne, and will be delivered tomorrow.

Now just have to get it fitted and stand back!!!! Whooo Hooo.

Will speak to Herrod's tomorrow. Fitting probably late next week or early the following (In panel beaters Monday... but that's another story).

Then off to the dyno.......to see if I have completely wasted my money and time!!!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #56
Lonesta
XR5 eater...=P

Good luck with the mods...panel beaters hey, ive got the same problem.

*cough, let girlfriend drive it...and i wasnt quick enough to grab the handbrake lol, lucky you can barely see the dent from a distance.
Lonesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #57
tabaccs

hehe sounds great mate! cant wait to see if its all worth it, im sure it will.. keep us all posted on how things are going.

cheers adam

ST170 Side Indicators, K&N Panel Filter, Factory Scuff Plates,
Leather/Alloy Handbrake Cover, Body Kit
tabaccs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #58
melbzetec

WOOOO HOOOO!!!! They're here. Off to Herrod's next week to install

Old 08-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #59
Lonesta
XR5 eater...=P

Smile

Ooooo shiny, hope you get the result you want with them
Lonesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 03:08 PM   #60
Uni

that's a very nice piece of kit there, looks great!

good luck with it

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post