Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #31
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 30% increase in Ford models here. What are they?

If we are very lucky and good little boys and girls, they might let us have the amazing Taurus line up to replace the Falcon, from base model to the AWD models.
The Mustang would seem to be a no-brainer...providing they bring in the whole lineup from bottom to top, and don't just import a couple of exclusive and extremely expensive models that make it out of reach for most people. Who wouldn't want even a V6 lower model Mustang if it meant having that shape parked in the driveway, especially if it's priced sharply?

The F series trucks? Probably...but they'd have to up the quality and keep the price down to be acceptable to Australian buyers.

I also love the way some people are so badge blinded that they won't just buy any Ford, but it has to be a Falcon...and even then sometimes a specific model of Falcon..."everything else is rubbish", or "may as well be a Kia"....
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #32
Rodge
Banned

Fusion, Mustang Explorer and F Series trucks.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #33
mick_bris
Starter Motor

-1 for the fusion.

I've worked on them and had one as a hire car.

They are made in Mexico and boy do they feel like it.

I wish the world could have tasted an FG XR6T or F6.

They are far superior to the local US cars
mick_bris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #34
MAD
Petro-sexual

The current line up is 7 vehicles. (Fiesta, Focus, Kuga, Mondeo, Ranger, Falcon, Territory)
30% is 2.1 more models.
Take out Territory and Falcon and you need 4 models to fill the lineup. If Fusion will replace Mondeo, then 5 new models will be coming.

I'd say Fusion, Mustang, Explorer would be a given.
I don't think the F-series will come here. The Ranger is a very capable vehicle, and the market for an F-truck here would be tiny.

What will we get that replaces our ute? You know the one you don't need a step ladder to lift stuff in to the tray.
Old 24-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #35
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
The Ford media release announcing this was horrendously bad. They were effectively saying the loss of Australian made Fords, the ending of the Falcon legacy, the crush to the manufacturing industry and the loss of 1200 jobs was an exciting time for Ford. The result is I have no care whatsoever about what these 30% new models are.
enough of this crap ?!!

The last few months theres been countless threads, all of them the bloddy same thing over & over sticking the shiv into ford because of lack of info on future of falcon.

Now they have been completey transparent and given info on fords future 3 years in advance. But lets stick the shiv in again anyway

Regarding the "exciting new future".............. what did you expect them to give a doom & gloom speech? The general buying public whom doesnt give 2 hoots about the finer details of the media release, will just see all this as Ford is the titanic, sinking ship, glad i didnt buy from them blah blah...

Its important they convince the public that Ford will be a better company without the falcon............. or how else are they to survive here? Public perception is already at an all time low.
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #36
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone seen anything to indicate that the new F series is likely to be engineered for RHD?

Regards,
Tote
Old 24-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #37
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Fusion, Mustang Explorer and F Series trucks.
Is Fusion same DIMS as current Mondeo ?
It's a good looking car with some good tech - but if Mondeo hasnt sold all that well here - I wonder how this car will be received by the AUS public. Ford marketing have a fresh new opprotunity to do something with the tech. Particularly the Energi SE and Energi Titanium Hybrid models.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #38
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont View Post
enough of this crap ?!!

The last few months theres been countless threads, all of them the bloddy same thing over & over sticking the shiv into ford because of lack of info on future of falcon.

Now they have been completey transparent and given info on fords future 3 years in advance. But lets stick the shiv in again anyway

Regarding the "exciting new future".............. what did you expect them to give a doom & gloom speech? The general buying public whom doesnt give 2 hoots about the finer details of the media release, will just see all this as Ford is the titanic, sinking ship, glad i didnt buy from them blah blah...

Its important they convince the public that Ford will be a better company without the falcon............. or how else are they to survive here? Public perception is already at an all time low.
It was just my opinion.

There is a time and a place - after making cars here for decades and being part of the Australian landscape and with the loss of 1200 jobs - you dont try to sound excited or also mention changes to capped price servicing in the same bloody release.

It was like it was written by a work experience student, following weekend course marketing 101 in writing press releases rather than someone who understands the subtleties of building a corporate image by somewhat respecting the level of sombreness and sadness in the announcement - I think acknowledging the seriousness of the decision would have been more beneficial for Ford on this occasion.

I just thought it was a little insensitive.

Last edited by Brazen; 24-05-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #39
FGXR6TUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote View Post
Has anyone seen anything to indicate that the new F series is likely to be engineered for RHD?
Nope, but considering the dual cab ute market is so hot and Toyota rumoured to be dropping the trusty 70 series Landcruiser in the next few years it might make sense if they had a RHD diesel version.
Old 24-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #40
strobe

By 30% did they mean over the nine models currently? Or are they discounting falcon, falcon ute, territory leaving 6 models then increasing it by 30% ie adding 2 new things?

edit: I used "models" as meaning the 9 different vehicles in all vehicles from ford.com.au
strobe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #41
Danny
GT4.

The Ford Mondeo/Fusion is a wonderful, solid and classy looking car. In an AWD ecoboost sport hero version, it'd be welcome in my opinion. With the Foul taste in my mouth of America's part in the Falcon demise, if I see any F trucks, explorers, or those hideous pathetic Slab sided, bull nosed and fat hideous arrsed Tauruses, I will kick every single fkcking panel in.

Look at the Mazda 6, BMW 3's and the Hyundais and Kias popular today and its clear that Aussie buyers are gravitating to classy looking cars like the Mondeo/Fusion. IMO it's an awesome looking car. The Taurus looks like a boat parked in a driveway in San Fran for some stock footage of a bad American sitcom. I hope to GOD that it never comes here. Because I will torch every single one.. Those American sacks of shtt are an insult to the Falcon heritage. And no one in their right mind would buy an F truck POS because there wasn't a falcon ute. Anyone who drives F trucks in Australia must have screws loose, or eats road kill for breakfast...

I am so sorry.. God I'm angry. Mods edit if you like, but please don't just delete the whole thing, I needed to write this down.

Therefore the cars that should make up this 30% for the best chance at swaying Aussies are
Fusion/Mondeo
Mustang (for those who want a tonking ford v8)
The new Ranger Based 4x4 (NOT the explorer. It's an abortion, and the ranger Fourbie at least was engineered and designed here)
The Ecosport (I'm not scared of its gayness and I'm not afraid to admit that)
I think that's it isn't it?

I haven't posted in the big thread.. I'm just too angry. I've bagged the F out of falcon since they took their sweet bleeding *** time to bring us the FG, insulting us with the BA BF shape for far far to long, but I only did it because some part of me hoped that ford would show us some spark, and some passion for blowing away the competition like they did when they brought us the BA, and the Territory, and New Orders -Slow Jam "Can't get enough of this", and Alex Lloyds amazing would be playing non stop on my iPod.

God I was so passionate for Falcons as a kid that I near alienated myself.. I'm so angry that in 10 years, what was Australia's wheels Car of the year, the first DOHC, the First truly powerful turbo six, the pin up car for my teen years is now dead. A whole generation behind even the cheapest Hyundai...

I'm so angry.

Last edited by Danny; 24-05-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #42
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

^^^^^^
You're gonna blow a gasket.......

But seriously - the main sentiment is shared by many - you're not alone.
What we also need is a HERO performance car - its now has to be a MUSTANG derivative. But one that costs incrementally < 100K and is "accesible" like the current FPV range.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #43
max_torq
From the Futura

An affordable RHD Mustang is probabaly the only hope of retaining any enthusiast loyalty to the brand that is not based on the classic falcons.
Old 24-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #44
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

I'm pretty certain the Mustang will come here, it's going to the UK. Only thing is, word I hear the UK will only be getting base V6 Mustang model? If Ford only bring the base V6 Mustang here, they'll be flogging a dead horse, & watch them ship them back out again.

Fusion or Taurus will probably come, hopefully Fusion, & the Edge will probably replace Territory, Explorer may come but it's a bigger car, & didn't sell that well last time it was here.
cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #45
Bossxr8
Peter Car

There won't be the F series here, its not RHD and its too big for our tastes here anyway, nor is it a volume seller.

Taurus is not coming in RHD, thats already been decided on.

Ford will not replace the Falcon with anything, the large segment is too small to bother with and they have nothing that can ever be a proper replacement for Falcon. Mustang will be the performance model to replace XR's and FPV's, and they will try to shovel XT and G6/E buyers into Mondeo or Fusion or whatever name they will use. Explorer or Edge will replace Territory and Ranger SUV may also attract some Territory buyers.

Falcon ute buyers are already moving across to Ranger, and they would expect that to continue.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #46
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
There won't be the F series here, its not RHD and its too big for our tastes here anyway, nor is it a volume seller.

Taurus is not coming in RHD, thats already been decided on.

Ford will not replace the Falcon with anything, the large segment is too small to bother with and they have nothing that can ever be a proper replacement for Falcon. Mustang will be the performance model to replace XR's and FPV's, and they will try to shovel XT and G6/E buyers into Mondeo or Fusion or whatever name they will use. Explorer or Edge will replace Territory and Ranger SUV may also attract some Territory buyers.

Falcon ute buyers are already moving across to Ranger, and they would expect that to continue.
Have to agree with this regarding the Aussie, and also NZ market, apart from the F series not being a big seller, it it Huge in the US
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #47
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

You would think Mustang is a must. I would think that V8SC's would lobby for this too.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #48
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull View Post
You would think Mustang is a must. I would think that V8SC's would lobby for this too.

Nissan has the front wheel drive Altima in the V8 Supercars, Ford will just enter the Mondeo/Fusion.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #49
350125GO
67 Galaxie Hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD View Post
The current line up is 7 vehicles. (Fiesta, Focus, Kuga, Mondeo, Ranger, Falcon, Territory)
30% is 2.1 more models.
Take out Territory and Falcon and you need 4 models to fill the lineup. If Fusion will replace Mondeo, then 5 new models will be coming.

I'd say Fusion, Mustang, Explorer would be a given.
I don't think the F-series will come here. The Ranger is a very capable vehicle, and the market for an F-truck here would be tiny.

What will we get that replaces our ute? You know the one you don't need a step ladder to lift stuff in to the tray.
Pov pack ranger. They aren't all high riders.
350125GO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #50
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
The Ford Mondeo/Fusion is a wonderful, solid and classy looking car. In an AWD ecoboost sport hero version, it'd be welcome in my opinion. With the Foul taste in my mouth of America's part in the Falcon demise, if I see any F trucks, explorers, or those hideous pathetic Slab sided, bull nosed and fat hideous arrsed Tauruses, I will kick every single fkcking panel in.

Look at the Mazda 6, BMW 3's and the Hyundais and Kias popular today and its clear that Aussie buyers are gravitating to classy looking cars like the Mondeo/Fusion. IMO it's an awesome looking car. The Taurus looks like a boat parked in a driveway in San Fran for some stock footage of a bad American sitcom. I hope to GOD that it never comes here. Because I will torch every single one.. Those American sacks of shtt are an insult to the Falcon heritage. And no one in their right mind would buy an F truck POS because there wasn't a falcon ute. Anyone who drives F trucks in Australia must have screws loose, or eats road kill for breakfast...

I am so sorry.. God I'm angry. Mods edit if you like, but please don't just delete the whole thing, I needed to write this down.

Therefore the cars that should make up this 30% for the best chance at swaying Aussies are
Fusion/Mondeo
Mustang (for those who want a tonking ford v8)
The new Ranger Based 4x4 (NOT the explorer. It's an abortion, and the ranger Fourbie at least was engineered and designed here)
The Ecosport (I'm not scared of its gayness and I'm not afraid to admit that)
I think that's it isn't it?

I haven't posted in the big thread.. I'm just too angry. I've bagged the F out of falcon since they took their sweet bleeding *** time to bring us the FG, insulting us with the BA BF shape for far far to long, but I only did it because some part of me hoped that ford would show us some spark, and some passion for blowing away the competition like they did when they brought us the BA, and the Territory, and New Orders -Slow Jam "Can't get enough of this", and Alex Lloyds amazing would be playing non stop on my iPod.

God I was so passionate for Falcons as a kid that I near alienated myself.. I'm so angry that in 10 years, what was Australia's wheels Car of the year, the first DOHC, the First truly powerful turbo six, the pin up car for my teen years is now dead. A whole generation behind even the cheapest Hyundai...

I'm so angry.
You should buy another EF ;)

I quite like the Taurus, i'd own an SHO
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #51
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS View Post
Have to agree with this regarding the Aussie, and also NZ market, apart from the F series not being a big seller, it it Huge in the US
I meant the F series would not be a big seller here, its just too big.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #52
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Its actually not that big, having driven them in the USA, but yes I don't beleive it would be a big seller down under
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #53
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD View Post
I know its a bit off topic but this is one model that I've been thinking about. Its sobering to realise that once Falcon and Commodore are gone the ute, in its true form of coupe utility, no longer exists.

So much for that Gippsland farmer's wife's ride to church (if you don't get that reference look up the origin of the ute).

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #54
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:

You're right on that, but we can wish can't we?

I'll take an F350 crew cab platinum with the 6.7 power-stroke.

Funny thing is, have you seen the prices on used F250's lately? You could have bought one with the 7.3 in 2005 for 60K, driven it around 150,000klm's and still get 70K for it. Insane I tells ya.

Quote: