Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Travisty.123
Starter Motor

Default Rear vision mirror with 4:3 reverse camera screen.

Hi guys, I have this posted in the auto electrical forum as well, but thought I'd put it here as well being an AU related topic too. I've purchased a rear vision mirror with 4:3 reverse camera screen built in to it. I've a small amount of working knowledge of electrical components and think I've got this wiring diagram sussed out, however I'd like someone with more knowledge than myself to check it out correctly.

Would appreciate any help that can be provided and you would have my many thanks.

The image is how I figure how I'll wire the setup in (Apologies if this is coming up as vertically readable and not horizontally, photobucket won't adjust even after I've selected the rotation option). I should note I've written tail light instead of reversing light.

Last edited by Travisty.123; 30-07-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Travisty.123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Travisty.123
Starter Motor

Default Re: Rear vision mirror with 4:3 reverse camera screen.

I should note I've written tail light instead of reversing light.
Old 31-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
Travisty.123
Starter Motor

All connected. Just need to tidy up wiring.
Old 31-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Was gonna say it all looks good. I assume when camera is off, the "screen" just becomes a normal rear view mirror?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
Travisty.123
Starter Motor

Yeah, automatically switches off and leaves only the mirror showing.
Old 31-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Cool. my sister recently bought one of these kits and it's my job to install it, so this is very timely for me (have installed cameras before, but use dedicated 5" screens, or in dash DVD players with built in screens to display the cam view, so mirror option is new to me)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thread mining JC. How did you go install it? Did it replace the actual mirror? Been looking at this type of thing for the new XR8 (love typing XR8)
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #8
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Missus has one in her sorento, yes it replaces the rear view mirror, actually clips onto your exisiting rear view (it doesnt look as bad as it sounds!)

Its a great system, image comes through well, the gripes I have with it though, its a bit darker (almost like it has a slight tint) and it im not sure if it is just the way it clips on, but the mirror is now slightly convex (which isnt the worst thing), both of which you get used to pretty quick. Also lose the ability to dip the mirror, but the fact that it is a bit tinted means lights arent as dazzling at night anyway.

For under $200, does its job well, my wife has no complaints.
This user likes this post:
Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

This looks interesting
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-Auto...item232f5dee63

Whole new mirror

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
This user likes this post:
Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Or this type
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-3-AUTO-...item4ac91a0ebd
UK
Old 13-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
Mardk
Low life

Where is the best place to pass the wires from the inside to the outside of the car?
244.6rwkw
Mardk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
MR REKLAW
BF XR8 Ute
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardk View Post
Where is the best place to pass the wires from the inside to the outside of the car?
Got around that problem by going wireless,no cables to pass through,and i have a 7" screen clipped over my original,looks ugly so going to get kit to put it through the icc screen.Cheers Geoff.
2006 BF MKII XR8 Ute,Shockwave Blue.

HERS 2003 LX Focus Sedan,Silver.

Past Rides:- XD Panel Van,XE Panel van,XF Wagon,ED Wagon,BA Fairmont.

Greetings Earthlings.
MR REKLAW is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post