Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-02-2005, 01:06 AM   #1
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Default A really odd question

Hello boys and girls

today i gave the XY i muchly needed oil change, and i realised, Im starting to collect a few too many containers with old engine oil in them. after living here for 12 months i reckon its about time i learned where i can go to dump it all

I live right near the airport, does anyone know where the local dump here is? Or are there places that accept old oil? Pretty stupid question i know, but none of my mates have bothered to go looking as yet

Cheers.

Oh yeah, im talking about Sydney here BTW.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #2
loxxr6
XB in parts...

The council does pick ups of rubbish as part of the rates you pay(or ur landlord).

Maybe check if they have a facility to take it or see if they know who can.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 02:31 AM   #3
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
Hello boys and girls

today i gave the XY i muchly needed oil change, and i realised, Im starting to collect a few too many containers with old engine oil in them. after living here for 12 months i reckon its about time i learned where i can go to dump it all

I live right near the airport, does anyone know where the local dump here is? Or are there places that accept old oil? Pretty stupid question i know, but none of my mates have bothered to go looking as yet

Cheers.

Oh yeah, im talking about Sydney here BTW.
I used to pour oil drained out of my old Fairlane straight into the the Torana, nothing to dispose of after that. Are there any desperates living nearby with an old sigma or mazda bongo, they'd probably be glad of your 1 owner Low Kms oil?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 03:04 AM   #4
old_mate
Smash the Boost

haha

I dont think this clevo has had an oil change in a decade, it came out pretty burnt lol

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 03:14 AM   #5
sak351
Starter Motor

Local tip should have an oil disposal area, otherwise, as above-mentioned, some non-Ford oil burning shit box should suffice, or use it as a propelant on either wild-life or a dunnydore. :nutsycuck

Last edited by sak351; 21-02-2005 at 03:16 AM.
sak351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 08:47 AM   #6
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tempe tip...if it's still open.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 10:06 AM   #7
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Tempe tip...if it's still open.
Not for the last 10 or 15 Years.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 11:54 AM   #8
You Yangs
Dunnydore Destroyer

Not far from airport you say! Go for a trip around the bay to Caltex at Kurnell they might take it it for you???
Old 21-02-2005, 12:28 PM   #9
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Easiest way to find out where the tip is is to ring the council, they should also tell you where else you can dump oil. Most mechanical workshops have a pick upp service because they have to get rid of lots of oil so go to your local mechanic.
Old 21-02-2005, 12:59 PM   #10
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Oil is a great weed killer :P
Old 21-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #11
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Most servos with Mechanics will take it off your hands for you and chuck it in with their recycling (read: Holdens). :P
Old 21-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #12
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

I agree with the infinite use method - Worked for me for ages. New Penrite in to the HQ, old penrite from HQ in to the EA, oil from the EA in to the HG paddock car, where it all got converted in to convenient, mess-free smoke!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

Its very good to keep your weeds down, also apparently helps keep termites etc at bay.

Could always put it on the runway at the airport and have a camera handy?
Old 21-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #14
neb
hibernating

paint your fence with it (if its wooden)
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #15
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the info is here:

http://www.oilrecycling.gov.au/

Basically it says you need to go to your local "used oil facility" - yours would be this one:

Facility Name: Rockdale Waste Management Centre
Address: Lindsay Street
Rockdale
NSW 2216
Phone: 1300 651 116

When you get there:
Some facilities will decant your oil for you but if the facility is unmanned, make sure you familiarise yourself with the facility. Open the lid to the draining grate and empty your oil container, ensuring you don't spill any oil. Leave your container upside down on the grate for a couple of minutes to ensure all oil is emptied. Remove your container and close the lid to the grate. Dispose of your container appropriately in the bin provided next to the facility. The containers can be recycled and some facilities participate in this scheme.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post