Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
ednap

Default Titanium Hatch TDCi as company car

Put my order in for a new Titanium Hatch TDCi as my company car, now just have to sit back and wait for delivery.

Had to choose between a Prius, or diesel versions of the Jetta or Passat.

I'm currently driving an Audi A3 hatch and since my wife has the V6 top of the line passat I thought I'd try the Ford.

Look pretty neat just do not understand why inbuilt Sat Nav is not an option.

ednap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Re: Titanium Hatch TDCi as company car

The work to get the sat nav for Australia wouldn't be worth it for Ford. The Mondeo aren't a huge seller here (unfortunately) so it wouldn't pass the bean counters.

The Euro version has a great looking centre console including touch screen, similar to that in the Skoda. Pity really that we miss out on the touch screen.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
ednap

Sorry don't really understand that logic.

The only thing local to Australia about installing sat nav would be the maps and they are available on DVD or CD.

Same deal as in my in my wife's Passat. Built in Europe but Aussie maps on the DVD.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Not being rude, but have a chat to Ford about it. They will most likely say it's a cost issue.

I think the touchscreen unit is DAB, not DAB+ but if it has AM/FM not going to be an issue. Who knows? I'd say the cost to get maps would be the issue.

I reckon the new interior is let down by the Sony head unit, a touchscreen, even without maps, would have been better suited.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
Mackspower

Congratulations ednap on your new car choice. How long is the wait for delivery? Was picking a colour easy?

I totally agree the centre console is a real let down - a nice touch screen command centre would really lift the cabin.

Dusty1, you've got a point about map data prices . . . I've had to buy map data in the course of my job and it's ridiculously expensive. Just look at mass market Garmin/TomTom map updates . . . +$100 for each release, what a joke.
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
ednap

My wait is 3 to 4 months and I had to nominate three colours knowing the car could be delivered in any of them. So I nominated Panther Black, Ink Blue, Sea Grey.
Old 24-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
vunny
Starter Motor

Congrats ednap. You won't be disappointed. Yes I wish they had central SatNav too but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. All the other pros just outweighed it. How much do you use SatNav anyway? We raaaaaaaarely use it so no issue in the end.
vunny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
ednap

Yes now that I have had it for a while it is a nice car. Build quality is certainly not as good as my Passat or Audi but a nice car nevertheless. In the UK the car GPS integrates with your phone GPS. The Phone GPS does the work but the displays between the taco and speedo in the car displays the up coming turn information and the car speaks the commands. Don't know why it cannot be offered here. I like using my GPS not just for navigation but more so for the red light & speed camera subscription I have which keeps me honest and out of trouble.
Old 25-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
Allusion

The maps used are from tomtom afaik. I think with the delivery times we should be able to option anything. Ford really does need to get their act together.
Old 25-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #10
Allusion

Congrats on the car too
Old 28-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

They are a fantastic car, at least the ones I have driven in the UK have been (hire cars). I really want one as my next car (my current lease runs out in August) but the fact there is no manual transmission in Aus means I will not buy one. I would love the Titanium TDCi with six speed manual.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #12
knicho
Starter Motor

I have had the Titanium TDCI for 2 weeks - great! I still cant understand the big price tag in In Car Satnav and why this would be a reason for not making it available in Oz when it is relatively cheap to buy. Top line TomTom unit on Ebay is < $400. Anyhow, I am still researching the Chinese units which are all up at the same price. A shame that I cant get a standard Mondy unit!
knicho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #13
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will never look as good as an integrated sat nav, but you can console yourself with the thought that the TomTom is much better. And you don't need to spend much money unless you want to get traffic info.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All solved with the 2013 Titanium models my dealer told me [had car in for service]it will be standard and an option on others like everything my dealer tells me I believe it when I see it

apstar

Last edited by apstar; 08-02-2012 at 06:11 PM.
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post