Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
moodyxr
xr6

Default E charger

i found this on ebay today looks like a bit of a joke but still any one here using one or tried one i think it is just a fan that push's air in the cai what u guys recon http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Turbo-Superch...item255722f644 :

Old 07-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheap electric turbo? i would say BS the motor would have nowhere near enough power to suck in air or compress it
Old 07-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I never thought they would work but after i saw that video on here , where they gained 10-20 horsepower buy putting a blower vac on the cai . An its the same principal allthough seller's claims seem to be generous .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The motor can suck in the air it needs at probably a higher rate than this thing can supply it - a cheap electric fan like this will probably impede the air rather than increase it. By the looks of it, it actually decreases the size of the airway at the echarger. Unless that thing does a really good job, it will be a restriction.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
moodyxr
xr6

haha yeah i thought it was a good laugh i wonder if u could power it from the back of the cigarette lighter haha :
Old 07-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I like the bit that says installing this will improve your handling. How exactly is installing a fan going to improve the handling of a vehicle :
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
I like the bit that says installing this will improve your handling. How exactly is installing a fan going to improve the handling of a vehicle :
brock done it so the fan has to work!
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

No, they do not work and come up here regularly.
Try a search on Hyclone.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 04:45 AM   #9
moodyxr
xr6

i weren't going to use it i just thought it was funny