Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-05-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Default Power figures with intercooler

Interested to see what forum members think.
If I got about 135rwkw with 6 psi and the current set up (ring mixer and Landi Renzo SEC81SIC convertor), what do you all think I will get if the only change is intercooling? I am happy to post the results if the engine lasts long enough to get figures.

Roy
TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

i dont think you'll get that bigger change at all, 6psi aint worth spending the money trying to cool it, you'll find that with your bonnet off you'll be able to run 6psi without a cooler. Not worth doing the RnD unless the rest of the setup is decent.
Full comp insurance :nutsycuck
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I don't think the intercooler is the way to go just yet. There's something holding it back but I doubt that an intercooler is going to make the difference.

In hi boost or high ambient temp situations they are going to make a big difference but lots of money and awkward plumbing to do it right.

I think you still need to sort the basics out. You know Fuelling, ignition and boost. With only 135rwkw there is work here to be done first.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Throw the cooler on, at worst it will help prevent pinging. Really the need to run a cooler is to drop air temps so you can turn the boost up a bit more.

If your fueling is okay now I say go for it. In my opinion the condition of your engine and driveline is contributing to the low power readouts.

My EB only made 150rwkw on 6 psi WITH a cooler and wolf 3d, bigger injectors and all the rest of the gear. I bumped it up to 10psi and made a touch over 200rwkw and my engine and trans lasted another 7 months of hard driving.
Old 29-05-2005, 05:53 PM   #5
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

I know where to buy my parts at a good price, but I have a house that needed work done and in the last month I have spent about 5k. This has sort of bled me dry for a week or two.
I plan on doing the install of the new engine and trans as soons as I creep back into the black.

Right now I have all of the bits to fit up the cooler which is why I thought I woud give that a run first. If it cools the intake temps and means a denser air charge wont that give me more power?
Old 29-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #6
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes it will. But only if your fueling can keep up. Put it on and let us know how it goes.
Old 29-05-2005, 06:53 PM   #7
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

wind up the boost as well. heaps.
Full comp insurance :nutsycuck
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #8
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
wind up the boost as well. heaps.
Can't go wrong with that advice haha

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #9
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

What, you want my car to go out in a blaze of RWKW Glory????
I am not looking to get it towed from the dyno.
What are you suggesting?
Roy