Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default E10

Little sticker on my Zetec says its E10 compatible so I was feeling cheap and thought i woud give it a go.

E10 is a about 3-4C per litre cheaper (2%) then std Ulp.

I have been averaging between 720-760KM a tank with ulp
Last ULp fill i got 770Km.. yay!
Using e10 i got 670 Km then had to put 68 litres in.

So it seems e10 costs 2% less per litre, but you get about 10% less milage.
net result? e10 cost me about 7% more per km.

As to power and drivability etc, I couldnt feel much difference at all. I mean the zetec is no sports car, so I dont expect it to be one.

bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:15 AM   #2
cammag

I trialled e10 in our previous car (2004 TL Magna) for about 3 months. I had been keeping fuel records since new. At the time e10 was about 4% cheaper. However we used 8% more fuel. Have not touched it since.

Disappointing thing is the QLD govt. is mandating e10 (no 91ron at all) and are considering going to e15 or even e20.

Have been using 95ron since delivery and very happy with fuel usage. You pay more for it but use a bit less with a bit more power.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Katoomba

When I bought my Mondeo the dealer suggest not using E10 if I intend to keep the car for more than three years. Also the local Shell servo manager told me that if could see the crap on the E10 pump filters and on the tank dipstick I wouldn't put in my car; he doesn't and he sells the stuff.

And with increased fuel consumption of E10 it doesn't seem to be worth.