Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
fitzy666
Starter Motor

Default au2 remote

Hi all need some help i hope this is in the right section au2 remote wont work remote ok key locks the doors no problem where is that flaming little box lol or what else could it be
Fitzy

fitzy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
2002au
Define definitive

Default Re: au2 remote

could be the battery for the remote. or like it was in my case the little plastic clip where the battery goes into snaps off, then its buggered. a new remote is required. from ford there about $80.00.
BF F6 TYPHOON in NEO #718 ~ 356rwkw :
BF XR6 TURBO in SILHOUETTE
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
fitzy666
Starter Motor

cheers thanks for the reply i have tryed that the red light flickers on the remote
fitzy

Last edited by fitzy666; 20-07-2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: i am dumb
Old 26-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You may need to retrain your remote to the car. The procedure is on here somewhere (use search), and is also in your owners manual. You need to do all remotes for the car at the same time.
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Here you go!

Training Keypads &
Setting Two Stage or Single Stage Lock/Unlock

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...6&postcount=93

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the remotes are getting a bit long in the tooth now if thats the problem, i had mine go on the blink, a while ago, i snapped off the lug that holds the battery in place while fitting a new one, i jerry rigged it macgyver style , it worked for a while but one of the buttons part of the circuit board started playing up not long after (time for a newey), the new ones from ford have the battery already in them .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the wife has problems with her's. first the battery part came away from the rest of the remote had a try at soldering it back on but super glue'd it in the end ( work'd a treak) then stopped workin again used a 2cm bit of a match stick cut a bit thinner to push the battery in a bit and is workin a treat again. If it go's again will get a new control. it is amazing what you come up with to fix things when you dont have the time to do it properly and just bodge it.
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #8
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy666
Hi all need some help i hope this is in the right section au2 remote wont work remote ok key locks the doors no problem where is that flaming little box lol or what else could it be
Fitzy
i had the same problem they can break away from the circut board also can break a lug that holds the battery. ford wanted $108 igot i $25 ford wreckers and works a treat
david lee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
fitzy666
Starter Motor

thanks all just re programed them *** me it worked
fitzy
Old 13-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #10
dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper8
the wife has problems with her's. first the battery part came away from the rest of the remote had a try at soldering it back on but super glue'd it in the end ( work'd a treak) then stopped workin again used a 2cm bit of a match stick cut a bit thinner to push the battery in a bit and is workin a treat again. If it go's again will get a new control. it is amazing what you come up with to fix things when you dont have the time to do it properly and just bodge it.
Thanks man, I needed a laugh!!!
dirty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post