Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 06-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Batman105E

Default TDCI Powershift 60K Service Costs

Guys,

Just having the 60 thou service done on our MB TDCI with power shift auto. Apparently the auto oil needs to be changed at 60 thou and the cost of said oil is expensive - really freakin expensive ($50 a litre). The total service cost will come in at ~$1000.

Who else has had a 60 thou service and how much did it cost and did they have the oil changed in their powershift tranny?

Steve.

Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
steve289

Default Re: TDCI Powershift 60K Service Costs

WOW, my ford capped price is showing as $915.
I have the MB, without powershift. 60K service will only be $490
steve289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman105E
Guys,

Just having the 60 thou service done on our MB TDCI with power shift auto. Apparently the auto oil needs to be changed at 60 thou and the cost of said oil is expensive - really freakin expensive ($50 a litre). The total service cost will come in at ~$1000.

Who else has had a 60 thou service and how much did it cost and did they have the oil changed in their powershift tranny?

Steve.
I started the exact same thread in the Focus forum.

Manual is $430, Auto is $860 (roughly - can't be bothered checking exactly).

I didn't have my handbook with me... the Focus handbook says the auto tranny only needs to be serviced under extreme circumstances. I guess, they quote the 'maximum' as that is for the worst case scenario.

What exactly does your logbook say on this?? I would be really reading the fine print. If you drive your car normally, and don't fall under extreme usage they may have done the service for nothing. If that is the case I would be asking for a refund on the tranny service......

My next service is at 45k... and I will ask the questions regarding this to my service guy, who has been pretty good with me so far.

Would I assume that my car costs the same as a manual to service should I not require the auto service (and I don't).. hope so, as bar the transmission it is the same parts and labour.

Please reply with what your logbook says, and how the service department handled the situation....

Cheers,

Jason

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Mine had the 60k service and this wasn't mentioned to me when I had it.

My brother owns it now, and had to take it back for get the gearbox software reflashed, and they didn't mention it to him either.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Mine had the 60k service and this wasn't mentioned to me when I had it.

My brother owns it now, and had to take it back for get the gearbox software reflashed, and they didn't mention it to him either.
Was it the 07 model in your sig? If so, would that have had a powershift tranny?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
Fishman

I had a 45000 service yesterday, I have to take it back in a few weeks (suspected oil leak) so if I remember I'll ask my mechanic too.

But admittedly I haven't heard of this before.

I'll be eagerly watching this post as the 60,000 is the next service for me!

Dan
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Another update:

The service booklet is a little confusing and contradictory. The 6 speed auto transmission capacity is 5.5l, and 5.6l 'inc filter'. I would assume the filter is something that needs to be changed eventually?

Nowhere does the servicing involve transmission fluid change (all are 'inspect for leaks'), having said that, it does specify the fluid you need for 'top up or replacement'.

Quote:
Automatic transmission:
Fluid level should be checked when fluid leaks are evident, or if transmission performance is reduced. Fluid changes are not required unless your vehicle is operated continuously under severe conditions, eg. heavy towing, police, taxi of door to door delivery.
Note this is the only comment anywhere about transmission servicing, and does not differentiate between any of the optional transmissions available.

This is per the LV TDCi Focus service booklet.

Cheers,

Jason

Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like I posted in the other thread in the Focus section, the wet clutch Powershift transmission requires the fluid to be changed every 60,000km service - this is part of the service schedule and is the reason particular service is significantly more expensive (along with the air and fuel filters).

Whether or not you feel it is necessary is up to you to decide - however should you choose to not have the oil changed and your transmission fails the chances of getting warranty to pay for it are going to be minimal.

These are not a cheap transmission - over $13000 at warranty rate last time I know of one being replaced. I believe that following the correct service schedule is a small price to pay to keep it running at it's peak.

Let's not forget that old oil is also going to contribute to excessive wear of the clutches, which this transmission has 2 of. Clutches are a wear and tear item as far as the warranty is concerned, just like on a normal manual transmission.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is from the Mondeo booklet.

The Powershift in the LV and LW Focus TDCi and Mondeo are the same gearbox and thus have the same servicing requirements.

WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post