Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
707-338
Starter Motor

Default Centre console cup holder bezel

Hello everyone. My centre console cup holder silver bezel has the silver covering peeling off. I have tried getting a new one at the local Ford dealer spare parts however they do not sell that part separately (it comes with the centre console). I have looked on eBay etc and can't find any.

I was wondering if anyone of here might know where to find one, or if there is a way to have the silver reapplied?

Cheers

Trev
707-338 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2017, 04:09 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Centre console cup holder bezel

What year/model?

2010-2014 Mondeo cup holders are available separate to the console, around $50 with part number 9M21 R048196 AA3YYW, but without any model details I cannot confirm what vehicle you have, a VIN would make the search even easier.

The bezel itself is also available separate, but there are about 6 different part numbers for MA/B/C Mondeo's pending on year/model!
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Have a look at the attached, the bezel is available separate (number 046B98B) in pic...need VIN to conform correct part number assuming its a MA/B or C Mondeo. The drink holder is part 13562...

MABC Mondeo Centre Console.pdf
Old 25-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #4
707-338
Starter Motor

Hi GTLEGEND. Thank you for the feedback. I have a 2008 MA XR5.
Old 25-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For a 2008 MA XR5 the catalogue lists part number 7S71 A045H20 HK37AE. But to confirm I would need your VIN.

It has a list price of $540 though!! You may be able to get it cheaper if you know somebody at the dealer who would give you a discount.

You could try and have it painted, but I don't think it would turn out exactly the same..
Old 26-04-2017, 08:29 AM   #6
707-338
Starter Motor

Thanks GT. I am assuming that is for a full centre console. As much as I would like that, I couldn't justify that just to replace the plastic bezel. I think my only hope is to find one at a wreckersor to have mine repaired somehow.
Old 26-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707-338 View Post
Thanks GT. I am assuming that is for a full centre console. As much as I would like that, I couldn't justify that just to replace the plastic bezel. I think my only hope is to find one at a wreckersor to have mine repaired somehow.
No that is just for the bezel, the centre console as per 045E02 in the pic is the centre console, but it comes less bezels, trims switches etc. There is not a single part number for the whole console with everything in it...
If your ion Sydney I can recommend some Ford only wreckers to try, but I think trying to have your repaired might not come looking like original as they have that brushed aluminium look which is hard to repair or replicate.
Old 27-04-2017, 10:01 AM   #8
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could try Di Noc.
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2017, 11:41 PM   #9
707-338
Starter Motor

Update - I went to pick up a spare alloy wheel from a wreckers today and they had a wrecked Mondeo there. It had a cupholder bezel in good condition which is now fitted to my car. I was also able to get a silver panel for the door grip/armrest on the the inside of the drivers door as my original one had some bubbling under the silver.

Thank GT Legend and whitelion65 for your suggestions.

Cheers

Trev
This user likes this post: