Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
portokatsiki

Default gearbox issue

hey fellas
I ve got a fbt with the adaptive shift and recently I noticed the car sometimes (not always mainly cold) takes off in second gear When I manually move the lever into 1st while the car is taking off slowly it kicks back to 1st gear it also kicks back to 1st when I floor it while taking off slowly.The box got a full rebuild a year ago took it back to the transmission place they could not find any codes even though it showed the sympton they changed something or so they said ( cant remember what it was I ll find out ) my question is could it be a mechanical problem or something electronic anyone had something similar any help would be appreciated
cheers

portokatsiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
Day-mow
rexnet

Default Re: gearbox issue

is the trans leaking fluid? i know you'd hope not. but auto boxes do some funny things when fluid level's are low

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post