Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 23-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Batman105E

Default Mondeo Titanium Drivers Seat Moving Forward Under Braking

Hi, just thought I would share with you an issue we have had with our Mondeo, just in case anyone has had similar experience.

The drivers seat, whilst elevated moves forward quite noticeably under braking. Doesn't occur with the height adjustment at the lower end of adjustment. We reported the fault to Ford and they fixed it for a while but the problem returned.

Yesterday I removed the seat to investigate and discovered there was a considerable amount of play in the adjustment mechanism, upon futher investigation I found a bolt loose and the bushing the bolt mounts through was damaged.

I went to my local ford spare parts and ordered what we believe are the correct parts (cost about $90 for new seat base assembly) and this should fix the issue, I hope!

I will report back when I have the parts and post some photos if i remember.

Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
b2428

Default Re: Mondeo Titanium Drivers Seat Moving Forward Under Braking

Looking forward to seeing your success or otherwise. My MA also moves quite badly under brakes at its highest setting. Actually both my mondeo and falcon do this.

2010 Triton GLX-R Dual Cab. So good to be back in a manual.

2008 MA TDCI MONDEO, recently became somebody elses problem haha.

1988 EA Fairmont Monza Red 3.9L CFI - the project beast. On hold for now.

2013 Nissan Pulsar ST-L - The better halfs car
b2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #3
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the info and the update. I am yet to experience anything similar, however will now know what to look out for! Thanks.
Old 26-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
Batman105E

Well the seat is fixed but it was a bit of a challenge.

After removing the front seat I discovered that the frame that mount the sliding rails to the seat base via the height adjustment pivots had a considerable amount of play back and forth.

Looking closely I could see that where one of the pivots mounted there was heaps of play in the bush. I dismantled the sliding rails and removed the frame from the pivots, it was obvious the bush was shagged because the bolt had worked loose.

To check for movement grab the shafts and squeeze as shown.

The pivoting frame can be removed and then the bushing examined. I found that I had one that was stuffed.

This image shows a bush in good condition.

This image show the front and rear pivots and the height adjusting motor and mounting shaft, the sliding rails have been removed in this photo.

The problem really started when I went to get a spare to fix it. They don't have the bushes as spares, you need to buy the frame rail. The only issue right now is they only list the RHS not the LHS. So I ordered a RHS one and removed a bush and put it in the LHS rail I already had.

I had to send off some photos of both rails to Ford to get them to fix the parts catalogue and provide the correct spares.

Anyway the seat is now fixed and good as new. You do need to put loctite on the bolts to prevent them from coming loose again.

You will need a set of Torx keys to remove the seat and rails.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Batman105E; 26-09-2014 at 08:41 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #5
Deo

So do you think we should all be tightening those bolts so that the bush doesn't get damaged in the first place?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #6
Batman105E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo View Post
So do you think we should all be tightening those bolts so that the bush doesn't get damaged in the first place?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
Wouldn't hurt to check them, but to do it properly remove them and use loctite whilst ensuring the shoulder of the bolt is fully engaged in the bush. To check the LHS you would need to remove the seat.