Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-01-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
Binny

Default Mondeo Road Trip

We just got back from our travels over Christmas. We drove from Brisbane to Canberra via the new England Highway and Newcastle.
We did 2650km all up for an average of 6L/100km. While I am really happy with the economy I am a bit surprised it wasn't a bit better as I had averaged 6.1 over the previous 10,000km of mostly commuting across Brisbane.
Anyone know if altitude affects economy. Our first leg from BNE to Armidale averaged 6.6 probably due to all the climbing but it also seemed to be using more on the flat stuff up on the tablelands. I'm assuming that the thinner air affects things somewhat? Also it was fully loaded with the family and the boot was jam packed with stuff too.

Anyways the trip highlighted to me what a great family car the Mondy is. It handled everything with such ease. It could hold 6th gear up any hill, handled well in the twisties and was so sure footed on my "short cut" down the Thunderbolts Way goat track in the pouring rain. The boot is huge, even with the full size spare in mine. And as a bonus the kids never got sick at all. Winning

This Mondeo is such a great family car when you can pick up a good one for 15k. I don't think I will ever own an SUV again.
In a few years when I am ready to update I reckon a used wagon of the new upcoming Mondeo will definitely be on the list for sure.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Mondeo Road Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
Anyways the trip highlighted to me what a great family car the Mondy is. It handled everything with such ease. It could hold 6th gear up any hill, handled well in the twisties and was so sure footed on my "short cut" down the Thunderbolts Way goat track in the pouring rain. The boot is huge, even with the full size spare in mine. And as a bonus the kids never got sick at all. Winning
I am also highly impressed with the handling of the Mondy. TDCI FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
This Mondeo is such a great family car when you can pick up a good one for 15k. I don't think I will ever own an SUV again.
In a few years when I am ready to update I reckon a used wagon of the new upcoming Mondeo will definitely be on the list for sure.
I keep coming to the same conclusion. When I compare the list of standard features to a Territory Titanium, the economy, the handling and ease of driving and the cost, I cannot see my next car being anything other than a Mondeo Titanium TDCI wagon.

I just need to ensure it has the rear A/C vents!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: